The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Vote here: Whose Ice-Fishing Buddy do you think this is?  (Read 2445 times)

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
     Some guys will take every chance to get an advantage over the rest of us. Whose Ice Fishing buddy do you think this is and why?

(Doorman, actually the Wizard...of Oz)

Vote here by reply and please, validate why you think your particular candidate is the guilty party; each and every one of these guys is capable of doing this kind of thing. My personal money is on is on bohman77! I mean look at the danged catfish that guy hauls in! And the crowd he hangs around on the ice! Here are the usual suspects. Which, in your opinion has enlisted the aid of the Wizard of Oz?

Big Ice...most likely guilty as charged, ever seen him post a pic of anything but monsters?
     Doggbiter...this country boy is perch-crazy, whatever it takes..."C'mon, find 'em Bubba"
     Wyohunter...probably even crosses over to big game-advantage for him.
     ex-Lt...what can you say about me I haven't already said about myself?
     Bohman77...I'll let you guys say it...too young to be that experienced, right?
     Ocean Eyes...oh yeah, Mr. "secret wally" spot
     4Cator...think about it, why is he trying to get us to not fish BOYSEN...huh?
     4X4Elk...all the help he can get, 4X4 doesn't even know how to hold a fish!
     Gatorslayer...well, that name sorta says it all...where'd all them big fish come from?
     Bottomdweller, Spudbar and Wyolipripper...These 3 kinda hang out together...inside info from the Wizard on a very  secret spot is my guess.
     Mooter...enlists the aid of the whole family and all his friends...could just be him, oh yeah, nice fish, Moot.
     Hellsangler...gotta be a suspect with a name like that!
     Dragonmaster0349...I've seen this guy in action...and wondered, is he really that good?
     BigZee44...C'mon Brooke, find the fish, that's it, good dog!
     Icemanjim...Remember the picture with the mini-laker and the quarter, huh? Oh yeah.
     Wyozac...lookit...Zac uses a big white 3X3X3 metal box to carry his huge catch home.

The list is long, distinguished, but not nearly exhaustive, if your name was left off, it is probably because I'm on medication...naaaaah, cause you're such an innocent, nice guy, I thought it might be only proper to leave you off. If you were left off the list and feel slighted, you're probably potentially guilty of fishing wizardry, so pm me and I'll add your name and it'll remain between us, oh...no sense of humor about this? No problem, I'll remove your name  ;D
                        Theeeee ex-Lteeeeeeeeeeeeee  :callcops: :roflmao: :roflmao:   

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
Re: Vote here: Whose Ice-Fishing Buddy do you think this is?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2007, 07:55 PM »
 Bohman's friend without a doubt, or maybe Big-Ice.......hmmm
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
Blue-toppin.........and lip-rippin
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline WyoZac

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2007, 11:47 PM »
Well thats two votes for Bohman77. Since you guys know em better than I do, I'll go with that too. :whistle:
Zac

Offline Hellsangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2007, 01:02 AM »
I may be a Kansas farmboy from my past , but I don't claim to know this sidekick . I'm a Utard now and fish alone .  Most of the time . ;)2
Utah Ice

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2007, 09:02 AM »
Wow you guys are to kind. I just get lucky most of the times. My vote is for ex-lt for keeping the Wyoming site movin. I think it is probably one of the better forums on this site. Keep up the great work. Good luck with those cat's. It doesnt look like Im going to get to go out for a week or so. I hope the ice is still decent.

Bill Bohman

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2007, 09:21 AM »
Hmmmmm...well Bill, what we expected when we saw your new post was a confession hee-hee. You're right, we have a great site; it's all about the great bunch of regular guys, banter and comradery and I think that's why we get a lot of visitors from other parts of the country. All of us realize that spring is fast approaching and that brings lawn and garden care as well as  a bunch of honey-do's we've put off because of the weather. I for one will miss the unique craziness of WY IS, I'm proud and grateful to have been a part and we should all vow to keep in touch and meet here again in a few months for first ice  ;D (pm's are easy to do! even in summer.)
                                                        LT      :tipup:
ps FRom the bottom of my southern heart, I am grateful to all of you for encouraging and entertaining me while I recovered from that surgery! Wahooooooo! Go WY IS !  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline wyohunter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 26, 2007, 04:55 PM »
I had to think about this for a couple days. My only real advantage is my the amount of time I have, but there are a couple others with quite a bit of time available also, and they have some pretty good waters really close to them also. MMMMM Then I had to think about the wizard, first he sent them off on a quest to learn about them selves.Then from behind the curtain came words of sage advice and congratulation's about their  accomplishments. That last thought kinda did it for me.
Then from behind the curtain came words of sage advice and congratulation's about their  accomplishments. kinda sounds like the exLt to me.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 26, 2007, 05:13 PM »
     Hmmmm...that is very deep and philosophical thinking Wyohunter and I might be inclined to agree with you except that it would rule out a slightly more obvious choice...Mr. Big Ice-man, who by far outfishes us all. I know it appears I vascillate in my original choice here, but you've brought out some very important points I had overlooked...Big Ice's level of expertise at ice-fishing, the years of experience, the $$$$ invested in gear and fuel, wealth of sage advice, not to mention the bevy of photographic evidence of his accomplishments, Aaaaah...horses in midestream, the Godfather changes his vote to Big Ice with Bill Bohman as a close second  ;D Hey, this is FUN!  :roflmao: :roflmao:
                                                The Don   :tipup:

Offline wyohunter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 26, 2007, 05:27 PM »
Yes, Big Ice, He was in my mind also he has the time, great waters, expertice, and lots of photographic evidence. The photos might just be enough to give him the title of wizard. ??? more to ponder over ::)

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 26, 2007, 05:41 PM »
     I think when all is weighed carefully and the votes come in, Big Ice will be Mr Wizard  ;D but be careful my friend, you've attracted considerable attention yourself with some prior awesome fish and game posts  :woot: No one that I can recall has posted as many or as awesome hmmmm...I better shut-up here  ;D

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
« Reply #10 on: Feb 27, 2007, 09:39 AM »
Well buddy I don't think I know this character but I think my daughter does.

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 27, 2007, 09:46 AM »
Aaaaah, does your female offspring regularly wax you on the ice?  ;D  Still, to cast guilt away from yourself, you should vote for one of the others, after all, IS WY...is a democracy!
                                        Th' "Don"  :roflmao: >:D :whistle:

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 27, 2007, 09:47 AM »
Aaaaah, does your female offspring regularly wax you on the ice?  ;D  Still, to cast guilt away from yourself, you should vote for one of the others, after all, IS WY...is a democracy!
                                        Th' "Don"  :roflmao: >:D :whistle:

I would definatly have to Big Ice.  He's a prime canidate.  Poor guy.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 27, 2007, 10:13 AM »
    I'm glad you stepped up to the plate buddy, cause some of them lunkers you've posted  put you in the top four.  ;D but yeah, goin back a few posts (Godfather wishes) he was doing some pretty heavy politicking fer fish-wishing, but on his behalf, not just for himself. I think Big Ice is the front runner right now w/Wyohunter and Bill chasing right behind.  :clap:
                                                     LT
ps, Moot, don't even think about it, I have an out already, besides, I count the bbbbbb...ballots!  :whistle:

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #14 on: Feb 27, 2007, 06:06 PM »
Thanks Guys for even thinking I could be the Wizard!  This was a neat idea ex-Lt, leave it up to the Godfather to come up with a Wizard award.
    I believe this title should be given out each year at the end of the hard water season by popular vote! I also believe it should go to any person who contributes to this Great Wyoming site and spends time fishing the waters of Wyoming and posting on our site. Say a Utah, Colorado, South Dakota etc. neighboring state guys could possible win!
       Saying that maybe in the past I could have been in the running for the prestige award! But I believe we need to focus on the present season and seeing the Awesome Cats that the bohman77 has iced this year I think he is very deserving  of the 2007 Wizard award as of now! The reason I say as of now is because we still have some more ice fishing to do.
               If someone lands a a great fish or two my vote could change. But as of now my vote is for the bohman.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 27, 2007, 06:53 PM »
Nice try, Mr. Big Ice, but we all pretty much believe you're toast, buddy!   ;D C'mon guys, tell him! We shall see at vote count if you or the Billster is Mr. Wizard!
                                                       LTeeeeeeee  ;D

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 28, 2007, 09:42 AM »
I just want to thank my fans......

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 28, 2007, 09:59 AM »
...setting yerself up big boy  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Hey, we're gonbna be at Trout Bay all day...wanna come out? laters, D. (red F-150 Flareside and tan Ford "Exploder")
                                                 Lteeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 28, 2007, 10:02 AM »
...setting yerself up big boy  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Hey, we're gonbna be at Trout Bay all day...wanna come out? laters, D. (red F-150 Flareside and tan Ford "Exploder")
                                                 Lteeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sorry I'm going up north for a fly fishing trip on the Big Horn River in Fort Smith Montana.  Can't pass it up.  Good luck to you guys.

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #19 on: Feb 28, 2007, 10:27 PM »
Mooster sounds like fun, I will probably make a Bighorn run in late March good time!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.