The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Walleye/perch  (Read 1210 times)

Offline smittybob

• IceShanty Rookie
Walleye/perch
« on: Mar 11, 2015, 09:34 PM »
Hello gentleman.
I am on leave till April 1 and would like to take a trip North. I'm From Ohio and fish Lake Erie for eyes and would like to try it in your neck of the woods. Is it closed statewide or is there a place I can go?  If not do you have any ideas where I could go?  Any information is as always much appreciated.
Thanks   

Offline DIRTBALL2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Walleye/perch
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2015, 07:28 AM »
First of all smittybob, I would like to thank you for your service to our great country! And that is a heartfelt thank you from an old Veteran! I happen to live not far from a world-class walleye fishery. None other than beautiful Lake of the Woods! Since it is a border water, our season is open until April 1st. At least I think that's right. Best to check the state regulation's first. There is still plenty of ice on the lake to get out ice fishing. I did hesitate somewhat mentioning LOW to you because the bite this past winter has been very slow. But there are still plenty of fish to be caught here. I'm thinking the best advice I could give you would be to head up to the NW Angle. If you look at a map of Minnesota, it's that little part that stick's up farther North. In fact, it is the northernmost part of the United States! They have been enjoying a better bite up there than the rest of the lake. Good sized perch are also in LOW! My biggest so far was a beautiful 15 incher! I'm going to see if I can find a link for you to the NW Angle, which I will show in another post. Hope I've been of some help to you. Good luck! :icefish:DIRTBALL2 ;)2
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

Offline DIRTBALL2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2015, 07:35 AM »
Here ya go smittybob! Good luck! DIRTBALL2 ;)2   http://www.lakeofthewoodsresorts.com/   
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

Offline smittybob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2015, 09:36 AM »
No Sir not me. I have never been in the Service. I am on leave from work right now. I Didn't mean to make it sound like I was in the military. My employer allows us to use leave after the birth of a child. Thanks for the info and your service.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.