The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Visiting St. Paul  (Read 511 times)

Offline Dangatang

• IceShanty Rookie
Visiting St. Paul
« on: Dec 28, 2013, 07:43 AM »
Hi all,

I'm an avid ice fisherman, recently relocated from MA to CA. Not much ice here.  :-\ However, as luck would have it I will be in St. Paul in Feb. with a day free for hard water fishing @) Any recommendations for places to go, guides, etc.? Anyone willing to let me tag along? I've got all the gear, just looking for a little help to get on the ice...

Thanks!
Dang
How come you put a staple in your lip?

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Visiting St. Paul
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2013, 10:02 PM »
What part of the Cities will you be visiting and what dates in Feb? A few of the seasons end Feb 23rd in MN.

Offline Dangatang

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2013, 09:05 AM »
Thx for the reply - I'll be in Maplewood, with the trip scheduled for the first full week of Feb.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2013, 02:37 PM »
Saturday February 1st I will be going to a ice fishing event up by the St Cloud area (Cold Spring & Richmond to be exact) and you are welcome to meet up with me and come too. it is open to anyone that want's to come and fish and visit. it is a annual event for this other site I staff for and it is a fun time. the main species of fish that we are looking to catch is channel catfish during this event but there is other species mixed in there as well. Crappies, Walleye, Gills, & Rock Bass are common in this chain of lakes/river (Sauk River Chain of Lakes) . Ice fishing for cats is fun when you get into them. if you are going to be in Minnesota on that day and want to try it send me a PM and I can give you more details and my contact info.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Dangatang

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2013, 08:26 PM »
Monticat - Thank you for the offer, much appreciated. I should have noted that my free day for ice-fishing will be Sat. Feb. 8. Wish I could join Feb. 1, but I won't be in MN by then.

Dang

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.