The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Visiting Twin Cities from Colorado  (Read 504 times)

Offline nhurianek

• IceShanty Rookie
Visiting Twin Cities from Colorado
« on: Dec 07, 2011, 06:38 PM »
My wife and I are visiting the twin cites on Dec. 16-20 and unfortunately we are flying in.  I'm planning on packing a few rods and vex but don't think my auger will fit in the overhead bin.  We would love to get out on the ice a bit while we are up there.  We are staying with some friends in Minnetonka and were wondering if there would be anyone around the area who wouldn't mind some extra company for a day or be willing to help pop a few holes for us.  We will be going to the Vikings game on Sunday and are hoping to spend Monday out on the ice. Thanks!

Offline slabkiller

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Visiting Twin Cities from Colorado
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2011, 09:24 AM »
I am surprised that nobody replied to your post. If you go out anywhere there will be folks to help you pop a few holes. I am across town and would gladly let you borrow some gear, but you should be OK if you just ask wherever you choose to go.

Offline Ponz mn

• IceShanty Rookie
  • O.C.F.D ~ overly compulsive fishing disorder
Re: Visiting Twin Cities from Colorado
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2011, 12:41 PM »
The ice on Tonka is still pretty bad imo, There were a few out ice fishing it this past weekend but then again I was fishing it from a kayak. We've had a bit of rain the past few days so if possible I would suggest sticking to the smallest bays/lakes you can find. I'll be out looking for some safe ice Saturday morning, but who knows how it'll be. With the warm weather  (highs 35-40 predicted) it should be possible to find/break open some old holes on busier spots. Black lake on the western side of Tonka almost always has some holes punched and abandoned, + some decent pan fish and pike fishing. If I can't get my auger back from the shop before tomorrow night I'll be out doing exactly that Saturday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.