Author Topic: Well I did it ordered the Eskimo pistol bit Wife says I have a auger problem.  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ordered it today have to wait a week at 3 pounds to hard to pass up. My wife thinks I'm nuts having augers all around the house she does not understand. When I ordered it sounds like the top part comes off maybe work for K-drill don't know but will see. I have 4 augers now is that to many? It's a fun hobby if the Eskimo works out I will sell the K drill. The Mora I think is a great back up. It's fun when I take kids out ice fishing for the first time to see them drill a hole they think it's pretty cool. My wife says i need to be relocated in a witless protection auger program. Oh well.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Real curious how good that Pistol works. Is that the 6"? I want to get one if I don't get the Nero in a 6".
<===Lefty===

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
Yes that's correct Lefty I got the 6 inch ordered.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Mrpike1973 may the new Eskim0 pistol auger preform well for you this ice fishing season. Be careful not to get transfer to the "Dog House" by your wife. I also owned 4 augers at one time now down to two. I see another thread here on IS claiming Eskimo will eventually stop selling hand /manual powered augers . I hope when that time comes they make/design their augers so you can attach a handle and convert to hand power as a back up if you hand problems with you electric drill.The handles may become an accessory item similar to auger length extensions. Please post a review once you have the Pistol auger.

Steve

Offline quackpot

• Team IceShanty Regular
Mrpike1973 if you're talking 4 power augers you got me I have three. As for hand I think I have 6 or so. Tell your wife and she should be easy on you. I have two clam plates powered by Dewalt 20 volt. One is a six inch lazer the other is a 8" nils. Let me know how that works out I may need one.

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
“If you’ve got fishing problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but an auger ain’t one”.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks for the support ;D I just have 4 hand/drill augers and 1 clam plate. I'm just glad I'm not alone.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.