Author Topic: Lunch on the ice  (Read 3666 times)

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lunch on the ice
« Reply #60 on: Sep 12, 2018, 02:48 PM »
For breakfast one of my tricks is omelet bags when you have a good size group. You can prepare all your fixings at home- ham, onion, peppers, cheese or whatever. Take a bunch of eggs and crack them into a Nalgene bottle or something that is easy to carry along. When you are on the ice boil a big pot of water over a portable burner. Take sandwich size Ziplock bags and fill them with eggs, cheese and whatever else you want in your omelet. Seal them up tight while squeezing all the excess air out of the bag. Drop all the the Ziplock bags in the boiling water for 5 minutes. Voila, a simple way to cook a bunch of omelets in 5 minutes.

I also make "tacos in a bag" for the kids when they come out. Cut up your taco fixings (lettuce, onion, tomatoes), grate your cheese, and prepare your taco meat at home. On the ice all you have to do is heat the taco meat. Get a bunch of individual size Doritos in the little, foil bags. All you do is open your bag of Doritos, crush them up a little bit if you like, then put all your taco fixings in it and stir with a spoon or fork. The taco meat will melt the cheese. I say this is for the kids but secretly I love this one myself.

When it's just me I'm usually only eating beef jerky and hydraulic sandwiches (beers).
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.