Author Topic: PIMPLES?????  (Read 2616 times)

geyer9999

PIMPLES?????
« on: Jan 13, 2005, 03:42 PM »
never used swed. pimples before any ideas on perch , eyes, gills,?????? no ice here in nw indiana yet but its gettin cold

Offline FullTmeDad

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Back in Michigan!
Re: PIMPLES?????
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2005, 08:16 PM »
The pimple is a great lure especially used as an attractor. I fish a #2 glo pimple (the smallest) I remove the hook and tie on a 2 inch dropper with an ice fly or a small hook tipped with a wiggler or spike. Bounce it off the bottom a few times at first and then let it settle. Good Luck
FTD

Offline WVBoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I am haunted by water." - Norman Maclean -
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2005, 10:51 PM »
Never used pimples before :o Awesome lure. Always my go-to.Especially silver with pearl!
"Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths." - Jimmy D Moore

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2005, 01:50 AM »
Swedish pimples are probably the best straight style spoon. The smallest one, the 1/10 ounce is great when tipped with spikes, a waxie, mealie, or crawler for perch, crappie, and bluegill. Bigger ones with the same baits work great for trout. With walleyes the same sizes or a little smaller than the ones you use for trout. Minnow heads seem to work better for walleyes than spikes or the like, but those still work good for walleyes. For fussy perch, using a small leader below the spoon, say 2 - 3", and then a hook and a waxie or spike works better than the actual spoon.

Tyler
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Offline BlackIce

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • R U Scared?
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2005, 01:49 PM »
Swedish pimples are probably the best straight style spoon. The smallest one, the 1/10 ounce is great when tipped with spikes, a waxie, mealie, or crawler for perch, crappie, and bluegill. Bigger ones with the same baits work great for trout. With walleyes the same sizes or a little smaller than the ones you use for trout. Minnow heads seem to work better for walleyes than spikes or the like, but those still work good for walleyes. For fussy perch, using a small leader below the spoon, say 2 - 3", and then a hook and a waxie or spike works better than the actual spoon.

Tyler

I've done well on finicky crappies using the small pimple (green) tipped with minnow heads.
R.I.P. Grandpa D. 1-6-10

Offline lonelypike

• IceShanty Rookie
  • MMMMMMM !!!!!! Perch !!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2005, 02:06 PM »
Best lure on ice for Walleye and Perch in my tackle Box.  ;D All my friends laugh when we go fishing cuz all i jig with is Swedish Pimples. I carry one small tackle box with all pimples. I never found a need to use anything else. They work for perch, walleye, trout, salmon, panfish and pike on occasion. Pearl is my favorite color.

iceman480

« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2005, 12:56 AM »
It is my go to lure for Walleyes I either tip with small minnow or waxies I love them.

Offline iceman_4432

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2005, 02:17 PM »
Swedish pimples are great.  Those and some rapalas in my bix .. thats all i need for Jigging :D

Offline A UPer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 04, 2005, 10:51 AM »
Biggest walleye I caught last year was on a #2 gold cracked ice pimple with a minnow head. The only thing I do is put on the next size larger treble hook. I guess I'm kind of lucky because I have a friend that works at the Bay de noc lure factory. He keeps me informed of any new lures or colors they are making.

Offline Jimmy The Jigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 08, 2005, 05:51 PM »
Swedish pimples/Halis are my 2 favorite lures for jigging pan fish. ;)

Offline NickP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 09, 2005, 06:58 PM »
Just bought 3 different size pimples last night (2 small 2 medium and a large) mostly red ones on silver blades

should i go with the single hook or the treble?

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 10, 2005, 11:36 PM »
White/pearl are killers on perch. I use perch eyes with these.
He who hesitates is lost...

Offline swantucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 19, 2005, 09:28 AM »
NickP,  On lake Erie we use the treble along with a stinger.  More than 1/2 the fish we catch are on the stinger.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.