Author Topic: Jigging for Crappie  (Read 1778 times)

Offline fishfinder2008

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Goin' IKE!! 🐟🐟
Jigging for Crappie
« on: Dec 15, 2009, 07:00 PM »
I was wondering where to catch a lot of nice crappie in the Lake Region (Sebago) area????? :tipup:

Offline tipwaydown

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Jigging for Crappie
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2009, 12:37 PM »
i dont know about there...but i like to fish 10 feet of water, i will jig gills all day and right before dark i put out my tip downs just to locate crappie, then i go around and jig the holes the tip downs where in...fathead minnows is what i use.....

Offline flag-up22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2009, 08:17 PM »
tipwaydown is right about it all...I fish outta his poclet...anyways, fish 10-12ft of water where there is some structure like fallen timber or old pilons...around docks...where ever ya catch em in october you'll find em when the hard water comes...crappie are light biters so either use the smallest bobber ya can or none at all..try just fingering the line for those light nite bites...night is always better for crappie.... :tipup:

Offline iluvpounders

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2009, 10:12 AM »
Well I am fast becoming a believer in the morning crappie bite! Less pressure on the ice and the bite seems just as good, plus when the crappies are done then it's time for sunnies and pikey-poo!  :tipup:

If I'm not fishing or hunting right now, you can bet that I\'m thinking about it!

Offline redbandit850

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2009, 07:28 AM »
there are plenty of good lake to go to in the sebago region to catch them

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.