The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: "2008" WISCONSIN TOURNAMENT!!  (Read 18614 times)

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Re: "2008" WISCONSIN TOURNAMENT!!
« Reply #30 on: Aug 31, 2007, 09:57 PM »
 Would nine work? I'm thinking smaller area's, at different dates. Spread it out.  ( North West   North Central   North East   West Central  Central   East Central   South West   South Central   South East) One might be able too, attend at least one. Without, allot of time or money.   (Family and the price of gas)    Or maybe two or three, without traveling far.                                 

Offline gaudetskie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's called Leinenkugels and it means Great Beer!
« Reply #31 on: Sep 01, 2007, 07:54 AM »
That looks good man :thumbsup: I'll probably try to get to a couple events this year 8) Let me know if you need a hand with any of the set up with the NW or Central West events. :tipup:

If your going to play Russian Roulette, use a gun with a clip and don't go first!

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Sep 05, 2007, 09:34 PM »
 So far as I'm concerned. All one, has to do is volunteer first, for any area. Then, their in charge/responsible for the event! Have at it, gaudeskie!!   :woot:   

Offline Wicked_1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If it aint worth doin -- It aint worth doin right
« Reply #33 on: Sep 06, 2007, 05:23 PM »
Sounds like a good time to me.  Good way to meet some members locally that you may fish with on a more regular basis after such an event.  I know Altoona the best but wouldn't mind fishing one the of other local lakes in WC WI.  Keep me posted.

Offline edfalc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #34 on: Sep 06, 2007, 11:49 PM »
we definitely need an event like this up here in vilas county..........be glad to help
Shut up and FISH

I Fish for Those who Can't

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #35 on: Sep 07, 2007, 02:12 AM »
Gaudetski, Wicked 1, Crappie Guy, I think the 4 of us could probably get an event goin if y'all are willin to volunteer. Lake Altoona, Lake Eau Claire, Lake Wissota, any of these lakes would be good choices for an event. I'm from Osseo and usually fish Lake Eau Claire, but am willing to try somethin new, what does everyone else think for a location?
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline gaudetskie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Sep 07, 2007, 08:31 AM »
I wouldn't mind Eau Claire. I don't fish it much, but it might be a cool location. Lake altoona is kinda my "home turf" so I'd be cool with that too. Wissota hates me before 4:00 pm, after that walleye time :thumbsup:
Any way I'll be their! As far as "spear heading" the tournament goes I don't think I'm the right man for the job. I haven't fished many tournys (2). As far as organizing one goes I think I'll take a rain check. However if there is a need to have someone help with the leg work let me know, I'd be glad to help!

If your going to play Russian Roulette, use a gun with a clip and don't go first!

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #37 on: Sep 07, 2007, 08:48 PM »
It doesn't have to be tournament style. More like a big get together outing. have a couple guys bring grills, have some guys bring some meat, buns, chips, potatoes so on and so forth,
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Sep 07, 2007, 09:14 PM »
 I agree, Buck1985. TOURNAMENT'S, are a competitive event. The fishing, should just be FUN!  Mistake, on my part.   :(   Let's have, Fisheree's, instead!!   ;D

Offline Wissota Bear

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Sep 09, 2007, 09:43 PM »
Weekend Meetups's would be nice for me.  If someone knows what lake they are going to be fishing, Post a Weekend Meetup so people can get together.

Offline jr_the_dj

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Sep 10, 2007, 04:38 PM »
Alright, now that I think most general questions have been answered, where are the events gonna be and when? Or are we gonna wait till a little closer to ice time before we make those calls?

Cause I was thinking that you boys up nort' would be able to start an event near the beginning of Jan. if that is the case we could kinda work our way down the state. The "southern" parts of the state could have their "jamboree" the first weekend of Feb and then by mid Feb we could do the "WI State Jamboree"

Like I said before I am willing to spearhead an event for SE WI, I was thinking Big Cedar Lake, it will have to be on a sunday cause of work. Ill bring along the grill and Ill provide the brats, (Being from "The brat capitol of the world" Sheboygan)

If anyone has any input, get back to me.

-JR-
Jiffy Ice Drills Pro-Staff
Aqua Vu Pro-Staff
HT Enterprises Pro-Staff
PK Lures Pro-Staff

Offline Fyrwlkr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Sep 10, 2007, 07:50 PM »
I would be in for a get together this winter. My home turf is Lake menomin but I would be willing to travel if there was plenty of advanced notice. Hope this all works out it sounds like a good time.
<

Offline gaudetskie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Sep 10, 2007, 09:37 PM »
I agree, Buck1985. TOURNAMENT'S, are a competitive event. The fishing, should just be FUN!  Mistake, on my part.   :(   Let's have, Fisheree's, instead!!   ;D

Good call brujharr!! I'm liking the sounds of that ALOT better than a tournament ;D

Offline gaudetskie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Sep 10, 2007, 09:46 PM »
Weekend Meetups's would be nice for me.  If someone knows what lake they are going to be fishing, Post a Weekend Meetup so people can get together.

with a name like "Wissota Bear" I would assume you fish the lake a bit. Maybe we'll try to set something up on Wissota for a get together. My buddy 'Bushland. fishes that lake a bit through out the season, and I'd like to hit it more this winter my self.  ;D We'll look at more closely after gun deer season (or muskie season for me 8) )

Offline Wissota Bear

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Sep 11, 2007, 06:35 PM »
When there's safe ice, I'll be fishing the north shore.  Big Round Lake in Polk County might be a good meetup spot for early ice.  Wissota is one of the last lakes to freeze up.

Offline bbmonkey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Sep 13, 2007, 07:18 AM »
Count me in.

I like the idea of Big Round. Early ice is excellent for Jumbo Perch. And there is plenty of them there.

Offline nacker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Sep 21, 2007, 08:16 PM »
I may have to travel up to Big Round Lake...  I grew up in Burnout county, so traveling north for the weekend isn't too tough for me to do.

Offline Sven936

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Sep 21, 2007, 08:22 PM »
Count me in on big round, good lake    lots of good fishing   :)

Offline gaudetskie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Sep 21, 2007, 10:41 PM »
Big Round it is then ;D Let's look to mid Nov. To try to hammer out a date, and decide who wants to check for safe ice ahead of time. This sounds like a good time :clap:

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Oct 19, 2007, 10:22 PM »
       Please, check out the new post!   ;D   "2008" WISCONSIN ICESHANTY MEMBER EVENT'S.   ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.