New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346104 times)

Offline walleye03

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #10830 on: Feb 16, 2020, 06:04 PM »
Looking to take the 3 hour drive up this week and was curious if anyone could provide ice thickness off hearthstone? Thanks

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10831 on: Feb 16, 2020, 06:28 PM »
Where do you get your information from ? Just curious

Well, I was wrong... it’s frozen, although I can’t tell you if it’s safe or not.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10832 on: Feb 16, 2020, 08:20 PM »
Don't know where he got the info but I checked it Friday and it wasn't ready. Guys fished yesterday but from what I heard big crack opened up. I fished it today. 2.5"-5" but was losing ice and sheriff told us we couldn't park there as it's the snow plow turn around. Landed 4, lost two and missed a couple.

Snow plow turn around at Hague? Never heard of that

Offline delawareriver

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10833 on: Feb 16, 2020, 09:06 PM »
Snow plow turn around at Hague? Never heard of that

Was talking about pilots knob.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10834 on: Feb 17, 2020, 04:25 AM »
Was talking about pilots knob.
Ahhh I was about to say! Hope that wasn’t the case or something new for this winter

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10835 on: Feb 17, 2020, 06:35 AM »
Finally got out the King for the first time this season on Sunday with my son. We stopped counting but caught +/~ 50 small perch. Just a few keepers. We were on Cotton bay and while I didn't break out the tape measure my rough guesstimate on the ice was 4-5. Lot of guys out. Great afternoon.

Anyone been off Katskill bay yet? Any report of ice thickness would be appreciated. Thank you.

Offline icebuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10836 on: Feb 17, 2020, 07:07 AM »
Ahhh I was about to say! Hope that wasn’t the case or something new for this winter

When you say Pilot Knob do you mean Fort Ann Beach? Also, anyone been to Log Bay?

Offline flyfish413

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10837 on: Feb 17, 2020, 12:41 PM »
The King is giving away some jewels. Slappin em out here. All on salmon traps less than 10 feet under the ice and one on the jaw jacker. Cant get bit on the jig to save my life but hardly complaining.

Offline bigfish1212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10838 on: Feb 17, 2020, 01:53 PM »
Today was a prime example of why I love this lake. A limit of perch, 4 smallmouths, 1 nice largemouth, a couple of sunnies, 2 Lakers and a Cisco all out of the one and only hole I drilled today.

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10839 on: Feb 17, 2020, 02:02 PM »
Might make my first trip up for the year tomorrow, and update on hearthstone parking would be awesome! thanks

Offline flyfish413

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10840 on: Feb 17, 2020, 02:34 PM »
Might make my first trip up for the year tomorrow, and update on hearthstone parking would be awesome! thanks

No issues, road down is fine with patchy snow and ice plenty of FWD cars in and out the last few days. Storm will change things tomorrow of course but I bet the fishing will be fire.

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10841 on: Feb 17, 2020, 02:39 PM »
No issues, road down is fine with patchy snow and ice plenty of FWD cars in and out the last few days. Storm will change things tomorrow of course but I bet the fishing will be fire.

Ha, thats what i am thinking, its gotta be good fishing.  want to bring the one man shelter though, so id like to drive down.  Is there much snow on top of the ice, or has it compacted?  I have an explorer, so as long as its decent, but i have been down there when its hard for a four wheel drive car.  thanks for the info.

Offline flyfish413

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10842 on: Feb 17, 2020, 03:06 PM »
Ha, thats what i am thinking, its gotta be good fishing.  want to bring the one man shelter though, so id like to drive down.  Is there much snow on top of the ice, or has it compacted?  I have an explorer, so as long as its decent, but i have been down there when its hard for a four wheel drive car.  thanks for the info.

Temps in the teens tonight will prob freeze everything left on the road, and fresh snow on top of that might make the ride back up it tomorrow sketchy. Ill be there tomorrow morning too. Theres like 2" of grainy snow but packed down paths everywhere, place was a zoo this weekend.

Offline xxxbeer247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10843 on: Feb 17, 2020, 05:34 PM »
Is there a bait shop closer to million dollar beach or lake George village other than fish 307 in ft Ann?

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10844 on: Feb 17, 2020, 06:03 PM »
Is there a bait shop closer to million dollar beach or lake George village other than fish 307 in ft Ann?

I sure hope so

Having one of the most top notch tackle stores one could imagine 8 minutes from where you want to fish sounds like a huge hassle

You're in my thoughts and prayers
I'm not saying they're biting on Brant.  But they probably are

Offline delawareriver

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10845 on: Feb 17, 2020, 06:11 PM »
Fished several spots friday-monday. Slow action on the Lakers but picked up with more aggressive fish when you got away from the crowds. Managed 9 Lakers all jigging with a couple more lost and missed. Great weather, good beer, good food and most importantly heck of a lot better than work. Back to reality tomorrow. good luck and tight lines

Offline Fishmarket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10846 on: Feb 17, 2020, 06:13 PM »

That's as close as your going to get.  I have to drive 25mins one way in opposite direction where I live to get bait
AM

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10847 on: Feb 17, 2020, 06:38 PM »
I sure hope so

Having one of the most top notch tackle stores one could imagine 8 minutes from where you want to fish sounds like a huge hassle

Wow, that was quick move to Fort Ann.

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10848 on: Feb 17, 2020, 06:49 PM »
I sure hope so

I second that. Don’t be confused by the Ft Ann address. Just off route 9 south of MDB. Great bait, supplies and staff. And a IS sponsor!

Offline buckzone101

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • T.Warrington Outdoors
« Reply #10849 on: Feb 17, 2020, 07:43 PM »
That's as close as your going to get.  I have to drive 25mins one way in opposite direction where I live to get bait

Beach road bait and tackle main drag threw the village by the bowling ally
INSTAGRAM@ twarringtonoutdoors

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10850 on: Feb 18, 2020, 06:05 AM »
OPEN WATER ALERT

I deleted my other post by mistake - there's a 10' x 60' section of open water in the middle of the lake between Long Island and Pilot Knob. The open water is surrounded by a roughly 100' circular area that froze after all of the other ice. It's probably a bit to the east of the center of the lake and roughly right off Black Mountain.

There's a loon hanging in the open water - too bad I can't post a video because I was able to get within about 10' of it and have an awesome video of it surfacing and calling before diving back in.

Anyway .... if it were to lock on up and get covered by a couple of inches of snow it's treacherous. I marked it on my phone (I phone 6) but can't seem to pull GPS coordinates off of it. If anyone knows how to do it let me know and I will do it and post them.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10851 on: Feb 18, 2020, 06:27 AM »
OPEN WATER ALERT

I deleted my other post by mistake - there's a 10' x 60' section of open water in the middle of the lake between Long Island and Pilot Knob. The open water is surrounded by a roughly 100' circular area that froze after all of the other ice. It's probably a bit to the east of the center of the lake and roughly right off Black Mountain.

There's a loon hanging in the open water - too bad I can't post a video because I was able to get within about 10' of it and have an awesome video of it surfacing and calling before diving back in.

Anyway .... if it were to lock on up and get covered by a couple of inches of snow it's treacherous. I marked it on my phone (I phone 6) but can't seem to pull GPS coordinates off of it. If anyone knows how to do it let me know and I will do it and post them.

Thanks for the heads up John.
I saw the video on Facebook, cool.

Offline xxxbeer247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10852 on: Feb 18, 2020, 07:21 AM »
I second that. Don’t be confused by the Ft Ann address. Just off route 9 south of MDB. Great bait, supplies and staff. And a IS sponsor!

Thanks trap checker that’s the intelligent response I was hoping to read.

Offline xxxbeer247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10853 on: Feb 18, 2020, 07:24 AM »
Beach road bait and tackle main drag threw the village by the bowling ally

Thank you for an intelligent response.

Offline AdkKen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10854 on: Feb 18, 2020, 08:31 AM »
Good advice for LG

Offline pikemanEd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10855 on: Feb 18, 2020, 01:30 PM »
Love this thread!  Bring a boat to pilot I read...then watch someone riding a machine south of there (I wouldn't recommend that).

There was snow dog tracks heading sw of pk Sunday morning so they were out in the middle of the lake on Saturday.
Go big or go home

Offline pikemanEd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10856 on: Feb 18, 2020, 01:31 PM »
OPEN WATER ALERT

I heard the loon but didn't notice open water on Sunday it looked to be standing on the ice next to a red shanty
Go big or go home

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10857 on: Feb 18, 2020, 01:45 PM »
Love this thread!  Bring a boat to pilot I read...then watch someone riding a machine south of there (I wouldn't recommend that).

Yeah and if you read farther (which I know you did) I corrected myself.

Offline Garufi518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10858 on: Feb 18, 2020, 03:02 PM »
OPEN WATER ALERT

It was frozen yesterday very thin MAYBE 2” on it should be “walkable” justttt spuddd make sure you hit all the eyeballs

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10859 on: Feb 18, 2020, 03:16 PM »
Wherent you the one telling me earlier in the week this is called the BS thread for a reason?  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.