New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: OK LETS TRY THIS AGAIN. SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THIS FISH IS  (Read 20326 times)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
oh ya got them mixed up ones on top are  bowfins

Offline carcaju

• Team IceShanty Addict
wait that bottom picture one fish has a spot and one dont so they cant be the same kind of fish you must have photoshoped it

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
oh ya got them mixed up ones on top are  bowfins

Nope
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline carcaju

• Team IceShanty Addict
oh ya got them mixed up ones on top are  bowfins
read a book before you pick your arguments .and no i'm not mad or argrivated i'm just curious how someone with your obvious mental dificancy could use a computer. go to google go under images look up bowfin or burbot

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
you guys shouldn't have asked me what it was if you weren't going to listen!!!! deadsmelt got those pictures off the internet and you expect me to believe that??????? i'm shocked  and i serously mean this at how nieve you guys are....it's a burbit!

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
  I think the one without the spot is "Rocky",, let him go... :woot: :woot:
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  So what's a ling???

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
i though we were talking about burbits?

JJ

What's a ding-a-ling? ???

Offline TheOutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 So what's a ling???

Start over at the beginning of the thread and read through to the end...you will find it somewhere in between.   ;D

I believe Trapper here is pulling all of our Hali chains.  I don't think any literate or otherwise educated person could read my posts (and others) and still believe it is a burbot.
"If firearms cause crimes and kill people, all of the ones I have must be defective."

Offline MookieB

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: OK LETS TRY THIS AGAIN. SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THIS FISH IS
« Reply #100 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:16 PM »
Holy crap Trapper I was getting POed reading your posts man, hahaha That was a good one. You got me good. MOoks

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #101 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:17 PM »
  I thought we were talking about lawyers...  :woot: :clap:

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #102 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:22 PM »
Holy crap Trapper I was getting POed reading your posts man, hahaha That was a good one. You got me good. MOoks

lol  your one of the few that caught on man lol .....can you say it's a burbit? do you realize we have   one of the finest fishing sites on the internet , with  more information and tips then anywhere and yet i have made a thread about burbot and bowfins, two fish no one cares about the most read thread on here today????? it's amazng! simple amazing

Offline pimplejigger84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #103 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:23 PM »
wait that bottom picture one fish has a spot and one dont so they cant be the same kind of fish you must have photoshoped it

he didn't photoshop the image on the bottom... one has a spot because it is a male bowfin.  The other has no spot because it is a female bowfin.  Just go to any reputable, credible source and type in Bowfin.  It will state that.  Some may not because it is common knowledge.  If you go onto Encyclopedia Britannica, one of the most well-known and most credible sources in the world on all topics, it states this information.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #104 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:25 PM »
    ;)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #105 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:27 PM »
IT"S A BURBIT

Offline TheOutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
"If firearms cause crimes and kill people, all of the ones I have must be defective."

Offline pimplejigger84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #107 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:38 PM »
lol  your one of the few that caught on man lol .....can you say it's a burbit? do you realize we have   one of the finest fishing sites on the internet , with  more information and tips then anywhere and yet i have made a thread about burbot and bowfins, two fish no one cares about the most read thread on here today????? it's amazng! simple amazing

Man, I thought you were having fun with us, but I didn't really know for sure.  I've read your posts and replies in the past and have never seen you really have that much fun ... It was pretty fun though, posting something and seeing others posting something to counter what you said, just to see what your next response would be... guess that explains why you have a picture of an Atlantic Salmon as your avatar... if it was me I would have a picture of a Rainbow Trout...

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #108 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:46 PM »
Man, I thought you were having fun with us, but I didn't really know for sure.  I've read your posts and replies in the past and have never seen you really have that much fun ... It was pretty fun though, posting something and seeing others posting something to counter what you said, just to see what your next response would be... guess that explains why you have a picture of an Atlantic Salmon as your avatar... if it was me I would have a picture of a Rainbow Trout...
  I thought it was a brown trout..

Offline TheOutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #109 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:49 PM »
It is obviously a cross.  See, it has x pyloric cacae. 

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #110 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:53 PM »
   What, your drunk!!!       

Offline TheOutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #111 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:57 PM »
   What, your drunk!!!       (Image removed from quote.)

It is a landlocked brownbow.  Also known as burbit.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #112 on: Jan 25, 2010, 10:01 PM »

lolllllllllllllll now yer catching on! all in fun guys i e mailed  jim in the begining and told him it was a bowfin because he  asked a honest question and i was afraid i might confuse him (i would never want that) ... and it is a nice alantic  salmon isn't it lolllllll  was fun ...sorry if anyone got upset ....but bottom line is ...why waste your time over things that don't matter , it's fishing time :) good luck  and  stay safe                                                                     God bless
                                                                                                                            trap

Offline TheOutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #113 on: Jan 25, 2010, 10:03 PM »
lolllllllllllllll now yer catching on! all in fun guys i e mailed  jim in the begining and told him it was a bowfin because he  asked a honest question and i was afraid i might confuse him (i would never want that) ... and it is a nice alantic  salmon isn't it lolllllll  was fun ...sorry if anyone got upset ....but bottom line is ...why waste your time over things that don't matter , it's fishing time :) good luck  and  stay safe                                                                     God bless
                                                                                                                            trap

I sure was frustrated trying to get through that thick skull!  But hey, there is now a ton of information on both species on this thread.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #114 on: Jan 25, 2010, 10:03 PM »
hey RG just shy of 2000 views  not to bad is it  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #115 on: Jan 25, 2010, 10:04 PM »
It is a landlocked brownbow.  Also known as burbit.
  :clap: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

GOOD JOB TRAP...

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #116 on: Jan 25, 2010, 10:07 PM »
outdoors i had fun but ya made me work at coming up with stuff and faking web sites ..... just so everyone knows  it's  a  ....ahhhhhhhhhhhhh  burbit  yaaaa   lolllllllllll  jim thank you for not letting the cat outta the bag  and letting me have some fun on your  thread ..... and you caught yourself a fine  bowfin ...i also want to thank RG who allowed  me to run with this as long as  no harm was done .......maybe  carp with the flyrod :) or burbits

Offline pimplejigger84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #117 on: Jan 25, 2010, 10:21 PM »
Got to love Ice Shanty... there are alot of good people on here!

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #118 on: Jan 26, 2010, 06:39 AM »
Thanks for waisting my time reading this and making sure it was kept under controll.  Ths is the sort of stuff that keeps me and the rest of the mods from fishing.

This site wasnt developed for your humor! I dont care if you think it was funny or "good reading" Get a life!

Offline pike44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #119 on: Jan 26, 2010, 09:01 AM »
looks like a bow fin.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.