Author Topic: My Minnow Cooler  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
My Minnow Cooler
« on: Nov 12, 2020, 01:33 PM »
Almost done. A couple of minor details left to do. What do I call it? Triple M (Michigan Mike's Mega) Portable Minnow Livewell. Meh...maybe too long. I'll have to work on that.  ;)

1" PVC frame in bottom with several tiny holes drilled throughout. Aerator hose fitted into frame.

Retractable handle. Pull up to access basket. Push down to close lid.

Pic shows basket resting on short length of 1/2" aluminum angle stock secured to back of cooler.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: My Minnow Cooler
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2020, 01:43 PM »
nice, compact, effective....and inexpensive!

Love it.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2020, 01:48 PM »
nice, compact, effective....and inexpensive!

Love it.

Thanks. Had most of the materials on hand. It's actually 2 baskets with the bottom cut out of one, then joined together with rivets.

Offline R.S.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2020, 04:24 AM »
very nice

Offline trundog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2020, 06:30 AM »
Looks nice, the basket is a good idea

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2020, 07:08 AM »
Good idea, ice....... ;)

Since I no longer make them (my supplier no longer manufactured the parts) I'll share my cooler (Minnow Magic) from the 90's . And yes, it WAS out before Frabills minnow cooler. I made the mistake of taking some to the big Sportshow in Mpls and getting orders, then a year or two later, guess who came out with one?  ::)
(Was just in middle of getting patent on it thru my attorney so that wouldn't happen) More than a few guys on here bought them. Rubbermaid quit making the "coolie bottle" years ago, that was one issue. But, filled with water or yer favorite drink and frozen, keeps 'em cool in the boat in Summer. No more sloshing water around all over the boat, either. Leave the coolie out in winter, and you can keep minnows alive for 3-4 days in the garage just turning pump on and of occassionally. Easy to make, and enjoy, guys!
I have nylon net over the removable divider; great for keeping 2 different types of minnows separated.
Nylon threadstock and nut was used so no rust in top and hot glued into depression that was already in top.
Pump clips to flat plate on front of cooler so it can be removed. On front because you can then slide cooler up against things without pump getting in way.  :)

“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2020, 07:16 AM »
Good idea, ice....... ;)

Since I no longer make them (my supplier no longer manufactured the parts) I'll share my cooler (Minnow Magic) from the 90's . And yes, it WAS out before Frabills minnow cooler. I made the mistake of taking some to the big Sportshow in Mpls and getting orders, then a year or twp later, guess who came out with one?  ::)
More than a few guys on here bought them. Rubbermaid quit making the "coolie bottle" years ago, that was one issue. But, filled with water or yer favorite drink and frozen, keeps 'em cool in the boat in Summer. No more sloshing water around all over the boat, either. Leave the coolie out in winter, and you can keep minnows alive for 3-4 days in the garage just turning pump on and of occassionally. Easy to make, and enjoy, guys!
I have nylon net over the removable divider; great for keeping 2 different types of minnows separated.
Nylon bolt and nut was used so no rust in top and hot glued into depression that was already in top. :)

Not really my idea Reb...kinda got it from you awhile back.  ;)  Oops... now I did it. Expecting to hear from the infamous law firm...Dewey, Cheatum and Howe. Nyuk-nyuk-nyuk. :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2020, 07:29 AM »
AHA!!!!!!!!! PRODUCT PLAGIARISM!!!!!!  :nono: I gave Rocco and Frankie knuckles yer address!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.... enjoy it!!  ;D
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.