Author Topic: Pa hardwater rodeo  (Read 3133 times)

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
Pa hardwater rodeo
« on: Nov 01, 2003, 11:00 PM »
We're talking about having a get together, or maybe more, in PA over the ice.  Since I'm from Maryland, I thought it may be a good idea to let y'all know about it in case you'd like to travel an hour or two to participate.  We haven't organized anything yet, just discussion stage.  Also, wouldn't it be cool if the weather permits it to have one of those in Maryland?  Maybe we can get some PA guys down our way too.  For more info, also check out the PA General page on this subject.  FDC, would be good to see you there!
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Offline FishDeepCreek

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got 45?
Re:Pa hardwater rodeo
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2003, 03:43 AM »
well I think you can pretty much count on ice on deep creek, even 2 years ago when it was indian summer in winter we has some fishable ice in Januarry (about 8 inches). I recalled hunting deer that year in a t shirt for opening day of firearms season, which is was abnormal for Garrett County. As I stated before, I will post conditions on Deep Creek, since I live in the area. Im out on Deep Creek all the time, especially during the ice season. I may be intrested depending where in PA as well. I do know we get lots of PA & WV guys out on Deep Creek during the ice season, judging by all the PA/WV tags parked around the lake then.

icefishnfool

« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2003, 02:19 AM »
how far are you from Shawnee Lake ....good for Gators there ....any idea's where you might have thye rodeo ?

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2003, 10:36 PM »
I'm about 2 hours South of Shawnee.  I've fished it through the ice a couple times I guess about 8 years ago.  We caught lots of small panfish but not much size.  Didn't get any pike but we were fishing for panfish.  I've heard the pike are good in there and would love to give them a try again.  Right now the Rodeo idea is still in the works and depends on when we get good ice and where.  Maybe mid January???  When we get the first one going in PA, then I'll let y'all on the MD page know...

I can see having one on Deep Creek too some day.  That would be fun.
Kevin Wilson

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2004, 10:49 PM »
For those that are interested, it's official.  The first PA ice rodeo will be held this coming weekend at Joseph Foster Sayers (Bald Eagle State Park) near State College PA.  For more information on the rodeo and planned events, check out the PA General Page as plans are made.  We'll have all the info you need posted in the next couple days.  Hope to see y'all there.  Genz man and I will be there and we're Marylanders.  There will be many Iceshanty members there too.  Come join the fun.
Kevin Wilson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.