Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1679667 times)

Offline Hando

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Best Late Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #30 on: Feb 26, 2016, 09:01 AM »
They didn't last long but the other week all the Mr. Buddy Heaters at Lowes were 50% off. Picked one up for $35!
"3/4 of the Earth's surface is water, and 1/4 is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn."

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #31 on: Feb 26, 2016, 09:13 AM »
Cabela's has Clam travel covers for $9.99. Now that's a steal.

All I see on their web page is the Deluxe Travel Covers on sale for 39.99, maybe I'm missing something?

Offline Ice Junkie 76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 26, 2016, 01:14 PM »
Just checked again and they are gone. They were under rock bottom deals yesterday. Told my buddy to buy a back up since he paid $45.00 this year for the same cover. Sorry you missed it.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #33 on: Feb 27, 2016, 04:18 PM »
6" Nils from Reeds to my door $125
8" Jiffy Pro4 lite $229 Jiffy site
Cabelas full auger bag $27
hope you have better luck with your demo jiffy pro4 lite.i got mine today its in great shape but the breather tube from the head to  the carb was broken in half and after over 150 pulls it will not start.very unhappy with jiffy I understand that these are demo model but are supposed to be factory inspected and running. put oil in,ive checked for spark,new bottle of prop,checked the kill switch even put a new breather tube on.it backfired once and that's it.doesnt feel like it has any compression.contacted jiffy and we will  see what happens next.ive had 5 jiffys in my lifetime and im very disappointed right now.start in less than 5 pulls..right.i thought the best place to buy a used/demo model was straight from the factory.on another note the 8" auger bit is like new and the 5 inch bit I bought for 50 bucks is brand new.

Offline fishon723

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Feb 28, 2016, 10:54 AM »
Just bought a pair of Baffin Impact boots for $99.99 with free shipping.

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 28, 2016, 09:52 PM »
My local Walmart has Mr heater portable buddy heater on clearance for 45$.

Offline ruttinbuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Mar 02, 2016, 08:54 PM »
btt

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Mar 03, 2016, 09:42 AM »
I also bought the Jiffy pro 4 lite for 229. Shipped fast. Looks new. Filled with oil put new propane bottle on fired up in 3 pulls and 1 after that. Went and tested it out drilled a dozen holes. Instant power when hitting the throttle. Drills very well. Plenty of power for the 8" bit. Very impressed. I also bought the very heavy duty cabelas auger Hauler bag for 29 bucks. Dr. I wouldn't give up yet get it squared away with jiffy you will be impressed. No more choking priming smoke. That 5" will really go !
Fishin red lines

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #38 on: Mar 03, 2016, 10:37 AM »
I also bought the Jiffy pro 4 lite for 229. Shipped fast. Looks new. Filled with oil put new propane bottle on fired up in 3 pulls and 1 after that. Went and tested it out drilled a dozen holes. Instant power when hitting the throttle. Drills very well. Plenty of power for the 8" bit. Very impressed. I also bought the very heavy duty cabelas auger Hauler bag for 29 bucks. Dr. I wouldn't give up yet get it squared away with jiffy you will be impressed. No more choking priming smoke. That 5" will really go !
ive been round and round with jiffy so far.they will not take the power head back or exchange it.no customer service  so far.the best I could get was take a the auger to a repair shop for repair under the 1 year warranty.the  shop even said it has no compression and wondered why I was bringing it to him.i said jiffy was no help and wont take the auger back.im pissed.jiffy wont take responsibility for this auger being a lemon.its not over im a fighter and wont give up until this is made right.lol

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Mar 03, 2016, 10:51 AM »
That is very lame. I can't believe they won't exchange it. It came in the box messed up. When I was looking at them I decided to call one of their pro staff to get first hand review. Pete Maina is who I contacted and he said it was awesome. Said he would no way have his face on the commercial for it otherwise. He said that demo deal was a great way to get one. Feel bad it worked out for me and you get a incomplete in the box. What did feldman say when you explained the breather was off and it won't run?  Says factory serviced right on the power head. QC needs to step up and own this one.
Fishin red lines

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #40 on: Mar 03, 2016, 11:10 AM »
That is very lame. I can't believe they won't exchange it. It came in the box messed up. When I was looking at them I decided to call one of their pro staff to get first hand review. Pete Maina is who I contacted and he said it was awesome. Said he would no way have his face on the commercial for it otherwise. He said that demo deal was a great way to get one. Feel bad it worked out for me and you get a incomplete in the box. What did feldman say when you explained the breather was off and it won't run?  Says factory serviced right on the power head. QC needs to step up and own this one.
they told me that there was no way it left the factory with any broken parts that is a lie I showed the mechanic the broken breather tube which was also covered in oil.jiffy rep says im trying to start it wrong or stored the head in the wrong position.ive tried no throttle,half throttle and full throttle in temps from 20 to 55 degrees and it wont start or run.they don't get it.im not having problems with it running it don't start has no compression what so ever besides the resistance of the recoil.this will go in my favor Wisconsin is not that far away I will go to jiffy and cram this auger somewhere.lol.i have owned jiffy augers for over 30 years and still have a 1970 1 armed bandit and cant believe im being treated like this.should be as easy as exchanging powerheads.imo.i let ya know how this unfolds.im glad you guys got running augers and hope they stay running because dealing with jiffy is like talking to a wall.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Mar 05, 2016, 07:39 AM »
Elite 5x CHIRP for $150 @ Cabelas.  Pretty good deal for someone looking for a fishfinder.  Doesn't have GPS but you could sell the CHIRP transducer for more than you can buy the ice transducer for, making it even cheaper if you're only going to be using it for ice.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/LOWRANCE-ELITE-X-HDI-CHIRP-SONAR/1846022.uts?productVariantId=3913785&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=37-163467860-2&WT_tsrc=PPC&WT_mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT_z_mc_id1=03930970&rid=20#BVQAWidgetID&WT.mc_id=ir10451&utm_source=Slickdeals+LLC&WT.tsrc=AFF&utm_medium=AFF&rid=10&irgwc=1

Offline m3scott

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Mar 05, 2016, 09:26 AM »
I was able to move on from my original Dave Genz Fish Trap II, to a Clam Voyager TCX. 

Got the TCX from Cabela's, was $699 and got it for 35% off plus $20 which ended up being $444 plus tax.
My new problem is I can barely load it into the pickup by myself.  lol  I might have to get an ATV type ramp.

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Mar 05, 2016, 10:35 AM »
Good deal on that lowrance!  Would be a good addition to the bow of my boat! Hmmmm
Fishin red lines

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Mar 05, 2016, 02:31 PM »
I was able to move on from my original Dave Genz Fish Trap II, to a Clam Voyager TCX. 

Got the TCX from Cabela's, was $699 and got it for 35% off plus $20 which ended up being $444 plus tax.
My new problem is I can barely load it into the pickup by myself.  lol  I might have to get an ATV type ramp.

I have a nanook.  It weighs 85 lbs from factory.  When i go by myself i remove a seat which helps.  But i still have to muscle up one end and lean it on my Equinox, then get on the other end and lift and slide it in.  Glad I didn't buy the Yukon, it is bigger and heavier.  It may not fit in my  equinox.
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #45 on: Mar 06, 2016, 12:53 PM »
Elite 5x CHIRP for $150 @ Cabelas.  Pretty good deal for someone looking for a fishfinder.  Doesn't have GPS but you could sell the CHIRP transducer for more than you can buy the ice transducer for, making it even cheaper if you're only going to be using it for ice.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/LOWRANCE-ELITE-X-HDI-CHIRP-SONAR/1846022.uts?productVariantId=3913785&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=37-163467860-2&WT_tsrc=PPC&WT_mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT_z_mc_id1=03930970&rid=20#BVQAWidgetID&WT.mc_id=ir10451&utm_source=Slickdeals+LLC&WT.tsrc=AFF&utm_medium=AFF&rid=10&irgwc=1

I needed a unit for my boat, and this one fit the description.  I bought one.  Thanks for the tip. 

I paid $199, and will fill out the $50 rebate form when the locator comes in the mail. 

Offline BowHunter1527

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Mar 08, 2016, 12:39 PM »
Found some good deals on 13 fishing and 8 tackle today. Ordered a TStick, Wicked combo, and 2 CGI reels. The place is kabeles .com, had to call to make to get the right sizes I was looking for but it worked out great. Now we just need the summer to hurry up so I can put these new lines in the water.
"Did you  clip your barbs,  you remember to clip your barbs."

Offline BIGFISH

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Mar 08, 2016, 06:03 PM »
                 little buddy heater at Walmart  30.00 dollars

Offline fishinjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Quit Wishin, Go Fishin
« Reply #48 on: Mar 08, 2016, 06:44 PM »
I just bought one and was coming here to post it.  ;D
http://www.shad-rapp.com/Ice%20Fish%20Baby.mp3 
Past President Okauchee Fishing Club

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #49 on: Mar 09, 2016, 01:38 PM »
just a little update on this issue.im dumber than a box of rocks and figure id get another auger at the demo 229 price and have 2 jiffy pro4 lite augers for the price of one.i get the new one it had lots  of compression but the recoil was shattered. jiffy is sending a new recoil but they wanted me to take it to the jiffy repair center first I said no.runs great started on 2nd pull and 1 now.i just picked up the other pro4 lite auger from the jiffy repair center and the guy says its junk..cracked piston cylinder and stuck intake valve.keep in mind the engine was supposed to be tested/running at the factory.he says he called jiffy all week and no one answered and he told me that's the last jiffy his shop will ever work on.i called feldmann/jiffy and they are sending another power head which is what I expected all along so im pleased as long as it runs and no broken parts.jiffy qc and factory inspectors must be overlooking repairs and just offing the demo units.

Offline bspooner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Mar 09, 2016, 03:09 PM »
I bought a Jiffy propane lite 2 years ago was very excited until I got home and tried to start it I must have pulled that thing 50 times and it wouldn't fire up. Called jiffy and explained to them what happened they sent me a new power head and this time I noticed it wasn't a lite model put the propane on and 2nd pull it started right up been working fine ever since. So I got the upgrade and paid the lite price so I feel pretty lucky after what I have read here.
I fish therfore I am

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Mar 09, 2016, 04:17 PM »
Best deals ? What someone puts on craig's list when they figure out they don't care to be ice fishing.
Bud

Offline bdbill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Mar 09, 2016, 04:58 PM »
I was lucky to get one of the demo Jiffy Pro 4's with a 10" auger.  It was $284 with tax and shipping.   The auger was brand new, the engine was a second gen. with very light wear.  It starts right up, cuts great, and was at my house in 2 days after ordering.  Glad I took the chance.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #53 on: Mar 11, 2016, 07:50 AM »
half priced ground stakes at lowes on the clearance table good to hold hubs on land if you use them during warm weather.
they were cheap to start with at only 5$ retail for four. looks like they will work okay and for ground blinds.

Vortex Outdoor Solutions 4-Pack 7.5-in Plastic Landscape Stakes
lifetime warranty
http://www.lowes.com/pd_267594-81227-ANCBPS7-HSG-L___?productId=3697864&pl=1&Ntt=ground+stakes

Offline NEWLEE

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Marcum then catch 'em
« Reply #54 on: Mar 15, 2016, 10:28 AM »
Found Striker Ice predator jackets at Pro Fishing Supply.com for $149.95 free shipping.

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Mar 15, 2016, 10:38 AM »
My local Walmart had regular sized buddy heaters on sale for $30.  I heard about this deal from some guys in Wisconsin about a month ago, and then on the east side of the state.  Not all stores had this deal so its best to get the app and check daily at your local stores. 

Offline Minnowhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Apr 03, 2016, 11:35 AM »
Sportsmans Guide Shapoell FX-100 for $202 to my door!
Confucious say: "Wise man waits till Winter to walk on water!"

Offline fishfighter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Apr 11, 2016, 06:55 PM »
Got a Hummingbird Fishfinder for the front of my boat for $50 and 2 Pflueger reels for $16 each at my local walmart and a cart full of other crap dirt cheap.
Mark it 8 dude

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Apr 28, 2016, 10:01 AM »
Voyager TCX    210     

Offline 4eyeman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • eyes are king
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2016, 08:09 AM »