Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1694079 times)

Offline crappie55409

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #4230 on: Dec 12, 2018, 07:12 AM »
20% off at dicks sporting goods.  Dont ses the usual exclusions of everything cool. 

Side note - can this thread go on forever?  Possibly the beat thread of all time. 

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4231 on: Dec 12, 2018, 07:32 AM »
Sportsman's Guide - Club Double Discount and Free Shipping!  Promo Code:   SH1925

DN
  Sweet deal!  Takes the price of the Shimano Sienna combos down to $28 before tax.  Just the reels are $24!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4232 on: Dec 12, 2018, 07:49 AM »
Baffin Impacts in various sizes 30% off. They have them at regular price for $150, so that makes them $105 with the discount and free shipping. Code expires at 5 am PST. Code is FLASH30

https://m.shoes.com/baffin-impact-snow-boot/754395/1675900

Guys, this 30% off sale has been extended using Promo Code GIFTS18.  There are many styles of Baffins to chose from, not just the Impacts.  If you go to Shoes.com via Active Junky, the discount becomes 37% Off!  That puts many, many great Baffin boots under the $100 mark!  If you need a new pair of boots before the season, do it now.

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4233 on: Dec 12, 2018, 09:00 AM »
DN, I wear a size 10 shoe, thoughts on the Baffin Titans in size 12? Too big?? Or the apex in size 11

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4234 on: Dec 12, 2018, 09:03 AM »
Guys, this 30% off sale has been extended using Promo Code GIFTS18.  There are many styles of Baffins to chose from, not just the Impacts.  If you go to Shoes.com via Active Junky, the discount becomes 37% Off!  That puts many, many great Baffin boots under the $100 mark!  If you need a new pair of boots before the season, do it now.

DN

Same website also had Lacrosse Alphaburleys, muck artic pros as well

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4235 on: Dec 12, 2018, 09:08 AM »
it appears you have to be an active junky sign up member. for the extra 7% "cash back" what ever that is.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4236 on: Dec 12, 2018, 09:22 AM »
it appears you have to be an active junky sign up member. for the extra 7% "cash back" what ever that is.
If you go to the desired vendor site via activejunky, they will pay you a % of your purchase price back once a quarter.  Totally legit.  I've gotten almost $1,000 cash back since I joined mostly from Cabelas.

EDITED. It has been brought to my attention that some here (potentially the site’s owner and moderators), find the offering of an invitation to cash back sites to save others additional monies on deals is somehow unseemly (spam) if the inviter receives anything ($10) in return.  I personally don’t see where any harm is being caused anyone by this form of spam, but I will refrain from this practice immediately to comply with site rules.  Today was the first day I had ever done this.  I don’t see any harm, but apparently the powers-that-be do.  My apologies to everyone.  My deal hunting and posting has always been to save Ice Shanty members money by scoring great deals, not for any financial gain or enrichment.  I apologize again for innocently offering to save another member additional monies via a cash back site that would have potentially enriched me AND THE NEW MEMBER by $10.  SHEESH.  :%$#!:

DN

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4237 on: Dec 12, 2018, 09:32 AM »
DN, I wear a size 10 shoe, thoughts on the Baffin Titans in size 12? Too big?? Or the apex in size 11

If you get the Apex in 11, you may have to wear a very thin sock(this is what I do. I wear size 9 and got size 10 Shackletons) If you get the Titans, you may have to wear some thick socks.  Baffins are very tough to size correctly.  I'm guessing if I had gone with an 11, I would have had to wear thick socks to make them feel right and not be too loose on my foot.

Hope that helps.

DN

Offline da_teacher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4238 on: Dec 12, 2018, 10:26 AM »
use code PERFECTSTYLE     makes it 377.09 and the use ebates for 2% more off

Would've been killer but just tried it. Said it expired.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4239 on: Dec 12, 2018, 10:29 AM »
Would've been killer but just tried it. Said it expired.

This time of year the codes can be a one day only thing .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline da_teacher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4240 on: Dec 12, 2018, 10:30 AM »
20% off at dicks sporting goods.  Dont ses the usual exclusions of everything cool. 

Side note - can this thread go on forever?  Possibly the beat thread of all time.

Doesn't work on hummingbird. Bummer.

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4241 on: Dec 12, 2018, 10:44 AM »
I think that "Ice Shanty" should get a sign up code for active junkie or ebates or any other cash back sites, then the extra $10 or whatever sign up bonus could go towards upkeep on this site.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4242 on: Dec 12, 2018, 11:13 AM »
I think that "Ice Shanty" should get a sign up code for active junkie or ebates or any other cash back sites, then the extra $10 or whatever sign up bonus could go towards upkeep on this site.

That's a great idea, maybe they'd even want to become a permanent sponsor.....just no reason to sign up if a person is going to use it for the first time without taking advantage of that $10. I usually only post that invite when there is a higher bonus available for cabela's.

EDIT: So apparently there are folks on here who feel the need to ban me and censor what I post. That is quite rich. Not sure why not pm me first if it bothered someone that I posted about active junky at all. Everytime I posted in this thread, I wanted to share a good price, and help folks get a great deal. That's what made this thread great. I will continue to share deals, but will no longer provide any links to them. I have received like one $10 from someone signing up on ice shanty through my invite link. That person also saved additional $10. Didn't see any harm in that. It sucks getting censored without even a notice after years of contributing.

Offline Jagger0502

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4243 on: Dec 12, 2018, 12:00 PM »
https://www.cabelas.com/product/ABSOLUTE-OUTDOOR-ARCTICSHIELD-BOOT-INSULATORS/2811289.uts

Arctic shield boot insulators on sale $29.99 from $50 which is $20 off. Great deal and these thing have great reviews. If you have a kid or wife that gets cold easy this is the cure.
Dad- “Did I wait to long? Should I have set the hook? “ Me- “I am fairly certain fish don’t have hands....”

“GET EM!” - Scott Odonnell

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4244 on: Dec 12, 2018, 12:01 PM »
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline hole_hopper454

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4245 on: Dec 12, 2018, 03:14 PM »
25% off at Gander, use promo code "SHOPGANDER"

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4246 on: Dec 12, 2018, 04:10 PM »
Also quantum throttle reels are back to buy one get one at Fish USA

Could not find that on their site.
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline Ericjw09

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4247 on: Dec 12, 2018, 04:13 PM »
Dick's....Frabill Predator sidestep for 199.00... they had two from last year that needed to go cheap.

Wow we just got one for 850$ thats a crazy discount

Offline Philip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4248 on: Dec 12, 2018, 04:21 PM »

Wow we just got one for 850$ thats a crazy discount

Just FYI, youre replying to a post thats over a year old
Team Comfy Skunks

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4249 on: Dec 12, 2018, 04:31 PM »
Could not find that on their site.

Right on their home page. Maybe scroll down further? Or search the quantum throttle reel and add 2 to your cart. I just checked now and the deal is still on.

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4250 on: Dec 12, 2018, 04:49 PM »
Right on their home page. Maybe scroll down further? Or search the quantum throttle reel and add 2 to your cart. I just checked now and the deal is still on.

I am curious as to why they are blowing these out?
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4251 on: Dec 12, 2018, 04:52 PM »
Quantum might be coming out with a new mid level reel, it is kinda odd, I saw another online dealer that also had them on sale as well for a limited time.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #4252 on: Dec 12, 2018, 05:04 PM »

when you use an invite with your code in the link it is spam. you are trying to make money on this site from your link.
if you would provide the real link (spam free) for others to join. don't use your id code.

i think most of us are smart enough to remove the invite/spam id from their link to check things out with out having to be part of the spam. just remove anything past the domain name, such as www.whoever.com
it is very easy to see the spammers on here. hopefully the mods don't get tiered of looking for them and make this thread go away or ban the spammers.

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4253 on: Dec 12, 2018, 05:08 PM »
Who knew that shopping could get this complicated!!!??

Thx P2---that USA thing seemed to work this time.
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline jordy1380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4254 on: Dec 12, 2018, 05:15 PM »
when you use an invite with your code in the link it is spam. you are trying to make money on this site from your link.
if you would provide the real link (spam free) for others to join. don't use your id code.

i think most of us are smart enough to remove the invite/spam id from their link to check things out with out having to be part of the spam. just remove anything past the domain name, such as www.whoever.com
it is very easy to see the spammers on here. hopefully the mods don't get tiered of looking for them and make this thread go away or ban the spammers.
It's not spam at all. People just get a bonus for inviting people to join. It's more like networking rather than spamming since both parties get a bonus for joining. I think that join links have been shared less than 10 times on a thread that's over 100 pages long...definitely not spamming.
Get Yo Fish On!

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #4255 on: Dec 12, 2018, 05:26 PM »
this thread, and specifically deal ninja, has saved many of us more than $10. if I join active junky i dont mind using his referral. he deserves it for the work he's done getting everyone else these deals!

Offline .Pan Handler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4256 on: Dec 12, 2018, 05:29 PM »
Not to mention you yourself also get $10 free when you use someone else’s Active Junky link. Why would you not want free money?

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4257 on: Dec 12, 2018, 05:40 PM »

I haven't seen anyone (Myself included) post their Active Junky referral link on here without saying that it was a referral and that they get $10 as well as the person who signs up.  I found Active Junky last year and it has literally gotten me over $500 in cashback between Cabelas and all of the other stores that are on it. There's a reason I posted it here in the first place and it wasn't the $70 I made off of referrals between here and elsewhere that made me love the site. You can't beat Cabela's prices when you combine 10-15% cashback on Active Junky and the now dead (RIP) 20% off giftcards from ebay.

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4258 on: Dec 12, 2018, 06:43 PM »

Uhh, I don't think that is spam at all. It would be spam if someone was coming on here posting links or info to a site or service completely unrelated to the topic of the thread or to the entire board. Like if a new user signed up, and started posting links to a dating service or something and it was clear that they have no actual interest in ice fishing. Posting an affiliate link or a referral link that gets you a kickback at no expense the buyer doesn't hurt anyone, especially if you inform everyone about your link. Spam is almost always deceiving in some way, these referral links are not.

If you go to icefishingdeals.com, the vast majority of the deals posted there are done via an affiliate link. That site directs people to a retailer to make a purchase that they might not have made otherwise. And that retailer pays the affiliate a small percentage of the sale as a thank you.

Offline TheStretch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4259 on: Dec 12, 2018, 08:37 PM »
It's not even an affiliate link type thing where only one party benefits. Mboss introduced me to active junky from one of his posts, and by using his link to sign up, I now have $10 for free . It's silly to tell people they can sign up for it without also saying here is a free $10 bill.
Maybe the admins need to figure out how to have an ice shanty referral link so the site gets the referral money, if that makes them ok with it, but it would be unfortunate to deny people a free $10, considering much more effort has been put into saving less on this thread.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.