Author Topic: $100,000 PIKE !!!! FFAC DERBY  (Read 2125 times)

Offline ICEMAINEiac

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
$100,000 PIKE !!!! FFAC DERBY
« on: Jan 29, 2013, 07:58 PM »

Offline PIKEASORIS

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: $100,000 PIKE !!!! FFAC DERBY
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2013, 08:16 PM »
 :o :tipup:I AM in Road Trip and Pike YeeHAA

Trooper Bri

« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2013, 12:38 PM »
Why are other states spamming us with tourneys and we cant even post the CT derbies here. Kinda BS and unfair.

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2013, 02:10 PM »
Yeah... What he said...

Offline Bruce1969

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2013, 02:16 PM »
I would stand a better chance of hitting the lottery - the state record for maine is over 31 lbs. and it was caught in 1998...to think drilling a hole and dropping  bait down could lure a record-breaker is next to impossible to achieve as this type of fishing for a record breaking fish hasn't been recorded in any state that I'm aware of. The $100,000 purse for doing this is admirable, but the mere reality of it is - pure luck if you do!

Offline ICEMAINEiac

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2013, 05:47 AM »
We catch pike in the 20-28 lb range all the time in Maine !

We get a bunch of CT guys for our earlier pike derby

Offline jss111678

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2013, 06:16 AM »
Why are other states spamming us with tourneys and we cant even post the CT derbies here. Kinda BS and unfair.
point being that any time a derby gets posted on the ct board it gets deleted but its ok for maine to put it on ours come on . i like to know about derbies in our own state not maine but can't because any time one is talked about in a post the post disappears. we need some control

Offline Sargesshanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2013, 05:53 PM »
point being that any time a derby gets posted on the ct board it gets deleted but its ok for maine to put it on ours come on . i like to know about derbies in our own state not maine but can't because any time one is talked about in a post the post disappears. we need some control

Well whom ever is monitoring the site and has the rights seems to be the one who is deleting them.1. I have found derbies on here 2. Yes it achievable to catch those kind of fish in Maine through the ice. 3. first place is pauing out 3000. 4 its for the cause if you ice fish only for the price at a derby dont go because your doing it for the wrong reason.

I got your back Jay ( I am going to try and make it back up there for another great derby!!!! :tipup:
If there is a will there is a way, and I am trying to find my way to some ICE!!!!

Trooper Bri

« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2013, 07:54 PM »
I need to upload the deadhorse .gif from the other site...
But we are a group, and this is fair discussion as far as I'm concerned. I feel we're being treated unfairly, and glad to have some backing on this. So.....

We had an issue a few years ago when a Team CT outing thread or maybe a CTO thread got deleted a couple years ago or so by mistake. IIRC, one of the neighboring state mods zapped it. Hopefully by accident. If anyone else recalls this better, jump in.

In a nutshell guys, it's up to the moderators to make the call on derby/tourney posts. If your state forum doesn't have a dedicated moderator, you need to get the the approval of whatever moderator, or they get moved/deleted. State forums with dedicated moderators tend to have well maintained boards. Go to Maine or NY and look at the organization they have.
Connecticut Outfitters is a sponsor to this site and even they had to ask repeatedly to get this year's seasonal tourney tacked to the top.

Anyway. After the incident a few years ago, I stepped up to the plate and offered to moderate the CT board. I'm no stranger to moderating, and we're a pretty small group. I was offered the position via PM 12/21/10 by Scott, accepted, and nothing happened....
If elected I'd still serve, but at the very least give Blaine moderator access since Connecticut Outfitters sponsors the forum.

Thanks for listening guys. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, especially the mods. They are volunteers sticking to code, no blame. I'm just pointing at a big grey area. Be civil, or don't post.

Offline Sargesshanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2013, 08:48 AM »
I need to upload the deadhorse .gif from the other site...
But we are a group, and this is fair discussion as far as I'm concerned. I feel we're being treated unfairly, and glad to have some backing on this. So.....

We had an issue a few years ago when a Team CT outing thread or maybe a CTO thread got deleted a couple years ago or so by mistake. IIRC, one of the neighboring state mods zapped it. Hopefully by accident. If anyone else recalls this better, jump in.

In a nutshell guys, it's up to the moderators to make the call on derby/tourney posts. If your state forum doesn't have a dedicated moderator, you need to get the the approval of whatever moderator, or they get moved/deleted. State forums with dedicated moderators tend to have well maintained boards. Go to Maine or NY and look at the organization they have.
Connecticut Outfitters is a sponsor to this site and even they had to ask repeatedly to get this year's seasonal tourney tacked to the top.

Anyway. After the incident a few years ago, I stepped up to the plate and offered to moderate the CT board. I'm no stranger to moderating, and we're a pretty small group. I was offered the position via PM 12/21/10 by Scott, accepted, and nothing happened....
If elected I'd still serve, but at the very least give Blaine moderator access since Connecticut Outfitters sponsors the forum.

Thanks for listening guys. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, especially the mods. They are volunteers sticking to code, no blame. I'm just pointing at a big grey area. Be civil, or don't post.

Well said. I think and would love to see more tourneys on here. I have only lived here a year and have not ice fished here yet. I have asked on the site where or how things run here in CT with very little feed back. With that being said I travel to Maine to conduct my fishing but would much rather do it here. If anyone has any ideas or needs and wants help putting together some tournaments I will gladly help as much as I can. I want to see the sport continue and I truly believe tourneys promotes group gatherings and good times. I just don't think we should bash other states for trying to spread the word of tourneys. To Jays defense I parked next to gentlemen from CT at the tourney on 19 Jan, so people do travel.
If there is a will there is a way, and I am trying to find my way to some ICE!!!!

Offline paperchhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE FISHING IS A SICKNESS
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2013, 08:54 AM »
nice
VEXLIAR  $450.00 STRIKEMASTER ICE AUGER $400.00 CLAM ICE HOUSE $250.00  STCROIX JIG RODS $100.00  HEATER FOR ICE HOUSE $75.00 PAIL OF SLOB PERCH PRICELESS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.