Author Topic: Breakneck  (Read 1840 times)

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Breakneck
« on: Jul 10, 2010, 09:59 PM »
I want to get a few to hike in with Metal. I say lets fish it. I will post ice updates as The season gets closer.
LETS HIKE IN AND SLED IN AND HAVE SOME ICEFISHIN FUN. :tipup:

Offline lives2fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Breakneck
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2010, 09:15 AM »
How is the hard water fishing there?
I took a couple of treks back there this season and did unbelievable on bass. A little tough to fish completely by shore but still did great. They dont stock that with trout do they?
No, I mean I REALLY REALLY LOVE TO FISH!!!

Offline hrdwtr24

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2010, 05:04 PM »
I'm in Metal.. just LMK when.. and lives2fish no they don't stock it with trout, I want to hit it Early ice this season.... :tipup:

Offline lives2fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2010, 10:31 AM »
I'm in Metal.. just LMK when.. and lives2fish no they don't stock it with trout, I want to hit it Early ice this season.... :tipup:
Believe it or not I heard it from a ranger from the park itself...I was also told by him they put salmon in there...I knew that couldnt be right. but wasnt sure on the trout deal. Thanks for the response though.

Offline lives2fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2010, 10:33 AM »
I want to get a few to hike in with Metal. I say lets fish it. I will post ice updates as The season gets closer.
LETS HIKE IN AND SLED IN AND HAVE SOME ICEFISHIN FUN. :tipup:
Definately would love to meet up with you guys too. just let me know time and place.

Offline 1fishon1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 2010, 10:54 AM »
hey metal you know im in!    Me and a friend carried his canoe into there a while ago ive never caught so many bass and pickeral im sure if you hit the right spots in the winter that place has go to be awesome.
[img]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/gizmotimetemp/language/www/US/CT/Newington.gif" alt="Click for Newington, Connecticut Forecast" border="0" height

Offline lives2fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 03, 2010, 04:11 AM »
Heading out there this morning. Taking the kayak. Hope to hit some late season pigs and try out new rod setup just got in. Just hope I can man it up enough to make the hike with the kayak and some equipment. LOL I'll consider it training for the upcoming season. It was funny last year, I took my brother in law out on the ice for the first time out to bigalow. We parked at launch and went over through the bottleneck and ended up out in the larger area. During the day, we got about 8 inches of new snow so when we left he was busting me on pulling my sled, ( I have pretty much all the toys). So I let him have a turn, He started pulling it and ended up on his butt when the tow harness finally tightened behind him. Pretty funny but I guess what I am trying to say is that these people who think fishing is so easy dont realize that you have to be in pretty good shape to do this kinda stuff.

Offline WILLYTROUT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 06, 2010, 07:19 PM »
i know this is ice shanty but i love bigelow. was out there this am. fished off the launch on the handicapped dock. browns were flying out of the water all over. managed to hook into a big male brown. had to go at least 3 lbs. really pronounced kype. it was an ugly fish but fought like hell. i feel real good about early ice out there. it looks like there will be a lot of trout in the water. catching them is another issue.
by the way that was only fish caught. about noon on a gold pheobe.

willytrout

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 06, 2010, 09:10 PM »
Sweet. We can fish that too.

Offline lives2fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 06, 2010, 10:48 PM »
i know this is ice shanty but i love bigelow. was out there this am. fished off the launch on the handicapped dock. browns were flying out of the water all over. managed to hook into a big male brown. had to go at least 3 lbs. really pronounced kype. it was an ugly fish but fought like hell. i feel real good about early ice out there. it looks like there will be a lot of trout in the water. catching them is another issue.
by the way that was only fish caught. about noon on a gold pheobe.

willytrout
Yes I remember...Last year late in the season my dad and I were out there and saw you bangin the trout in front of the launch.
We caught a fair amount of perch that day but it seemed like you were doing quite well where you were. That was on a Sunday
You have a 10" auger correct?
The next day i went out to your holes and bagged two trout of my very own Lmao

Offline lives2fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 06, 2010, 10:53 PM »
test

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.