New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Fishing while on the road (Northern NY)...  (Read 425 times)

Offline JTrottaNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NYS Licensed Guide
Fishing while on the road (Northern NY)...
« on: Nov 17, 2017, 10:46 AM »
Hello all, like most of you my head is anxiously filling with plans for the upcoming season. Among those plans I would like to explore some new waters, specifically doing so during the week as I travel quite a bit for work. This post really serves 2 purposes;

1st- I am in search of a "glide-lite" or similar small sled that I can keep in the trunk of my work car. Figuring I'll pack my flasher, nils convertible and a couple jig rods for a easy to carry run-n-gun setup when I'm working out of my car. If anyone has one collecting dust and willing to part with it, please let me know... **EDIT- found one already**

2nd- It would be great to meet up with some locals for an evening trip here and there. Not only does it make the trip more fun, but its obviously a good idea to have a buddy on the ice, especially after dark on unfamiliar waters. I usually hit these cities about once a month and can book my hotels conveniently for any opportunities that might pop up; Utica, Watertown, Potsdam, Plattsburgh. Will most likely be fishing evenings after work and targeting more "evening friendly" species (walleye, trout, pike). I have plenty of my own gear but will not have the ability to tow a snowmobile or bring my flip-over due to the constraints of the "work car". As a "Bonus" for anyone who wants to meet up, I don't eat fish! Mine are all catch and release or up for grabs!

Any thoughts or ideas please reach out... pray for ice!

NYS Licensed Guide

Offline Tipupguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fishing while on the road (Northern NY)...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2017, 06:18 PM »
I live in Plattsburgh and would be happy to show you a few spots for pike
& panfish as soon as we get some ice
FISH ON!🎣

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.