Author Topic: New gear for this year  (Read 4704 times)

Offline icemanwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New gear for this year
« Reply #30 on: Oct 11, 2012, 12:37 PM »

I was looking for a sled the year before last and was checking out one of those bear cats up in Evanston,WY. Nice sled and and extra wide track. The only thing that swayed me from it was the heavier weight, being that its a real work horse from what i read about it. Not always the thickest ice around here and we do get some pretty deep snow sometimes, So i had to go lighter. I ended up with a 97 two-up polaris 500 classic, only had to drive a few miles to get it and the price was right. Now if we could just get enough snow to use them things
I bought a 98 arctic cat zr 600 last year and that sled was worth every penny, really helps to get you in to the lakes that otherwise wouldn't be able to fish. 

Offline icemanwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Oct 14, 2012, 11:21 PM »
my new st croix rods just showed up today  ;D

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #32 on: Oct 15, 2012, 10:43 PM »
Sweet, now for the cold weather. Looks like ice is forming in alaska. How would that be to be ice fishin by halloween   :o
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline icemanwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Oct 17, 2012, 01:32 AM »
We shouldn't be much longer now if you like to get up to those higher elevations I go every year in nov and last year nov 13 there was 5" on trial lake in the uintas so hoping for that again

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #34 on: Oct 17, 2012, 07:17 AM »
Obviously Woody you're not a duck hunter.   :)

Ice fishing - for me - doesn't even get a thought until the duck marshes are locked up tight with ice.  Then, and ONLY then, will my thoughts turn to punching little round holes in the hard deck.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #35 on: Oct 17, 2012, 11:59 AM »
We shouldn't be much longer now if you like to get up to those higher elevations I go every year in nov and last year nov 13 there was 5" on trial lake in the uintas so hoping for that again

I'd be down for something like that, when do they shut the gates up there?
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline icemanwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Oct 17, 2012, 01:56 PM »
Obviously Woody you're not a duck hunter.   :)

Ice fishing - for me - doesn't even get a thought until the duck marshes are locked up tight with ice.  Then, and ONLY then, will my thoughts turn to punching little round holes in the hard deck.

I am a duck hunter and love it but if I get a chance at some early ice im choosen that hands down!

I'd be down for something like that, when do they shut the gates up there?
It all depends on the year and the snow level i have seen it closed middle nov the earliest but usually just after thanksgiving weekend, ill start checkin ice depths first week of nov and go every weekend after till i get some safe ice, you are more than welcome to come if you want its a good time. We have had many 100 fish days on the ice in the uintas, and you even get to ice grayling which is pretty cool!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #37 on: Oct 17, 2012, 02:05 PM »
It all depends on the year and the snow you even get to ice grayling which is pretty cool!

Thats definately one i need to get checked off my species list, im in  :thumbsup:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline icemanwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Oct 17, 2012, 02:17 PM »
pic from last year

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #39 on: Oct 17, 2012, 02:23 PM »
oh yah, that looks cool. I've been out on bear lake right after ice up and its cool when the ice is that clear, but can be freaky too  ;D nice grayling
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline icemanwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Oct 17, 2012, 03:41 PM »
Its way fun thats what i bought a sled for is gettin up to those remote lakes in the uintas and the lake up at my property the fishing is so good up there

Offline k2muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Oct 28, 2012, 09:54 AM »
Been shopping the internet and boy are we excited about this upcoming season for sure.  Thus far on equipment we've gotten: 2 Humminbird Ice 55 flashers.  We currently have Vex-12s.  Have an Eskimo QF 4 on the way.  We have the QF3 but wanted a little more elbow room.  I also gave my self a very early Christmas present and will soon have an Aqua-Vu micro camera with DVR.  Spending my kids inheritance.   ;D  We've been saving our pennies to get this upgrades.  Will possibly be looking to upgrade the Gas Auger.... ;) ;)

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #42 on: Oct 28, 2012, 08:47 PM »
I'm way to busy hunting ducks and fishing out of my boat to even think about ice fishing yet.  However, it won't be this year, but my next auger upgrade will definitely be an electric.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #43 on: Oct 30, 2012, 07:34 AM »
I also gave my self a very early Christmas present and will soon have an Aqua-Vu micro camera with DVR

those new micros sure are cool looking
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.