Author Topic: CRAPPIE CANDLE  (Read 3107 times)

Offline mk_bovee

• Team IceShanty Regular
CRAPPIE CANDLE
« on: Feb 21, 2010, 10:02 AM »
 i won one of these in a raffle yesterday afternoon, and i gave a a test run last night.   when i first got it and felt how heavy it was, i was very skeptical to say the least.  i use UL rods while fishing for crappies and i thought the candle would basically double my rod over while using it.  out of the water, it does do that, but surprisingly, IN THE WATER, its almost neutrally buoyant.  with the UL pole i was using last night, the rod tip was slightly "loaded" while it was being used.  one thing i did notice is that if you try jigging  with it, the drop is very slow, so "pounding" is probably out of the question while using it, but if you dead stick alot, like i do, im betting it will be a true crappie killer.   next step is to try this on a lake the i know has some crappie in it and see how they respond to it.   i'll do my best to keep ya  updated with what ever i find out, the good, the bad, and the tricks/tips i find.
dont take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive                                            team broke azz

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: CRAPPIE CANDLE
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2010, 10:21 AM »
I used them at the crappie derby in N.Y. I had them on tip-ups next to my shack with realweeds downs. They kept us in fish all night and day. I did get one on a tip-up too.
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline BucksNDucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2010, 09:58 AM »
whats the price of these guys and do the batteries actually last 16+ hours?
See ya on the ice!!! Go Packers!!!

Offline deerme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2010, 02:13 PM »
whats the price of these guys and do the batteries actually last 16+ hours?

scroll to the bottom for pricing.  i just bought some, but haven't used them yet so cannot comment on the battery life.

http://www.crappieslabfishing.com/crappi-candle-hauls-in-the-crappie-slabs.html

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2010, 09:37 AM »
Are they too heavy to use with a spring bobber? and or with a tip down? maybe use a very small bobber with your tip down rig to offset the extra weight?

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 20, 2010, 06:57 AM »
Old thread but worth a shot. Do these work during the daytime as well? I would guess the effect would be better with a deep snow layer or thick ice that lets less sunlight through. Would there be any way to attach it to the transducer cable that way it didn't put the extra weight on your line?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.