Author Topic: Flasher Repair  (Read 2449 times)

Offline 7osborne

• IceShanty Rookie
Flasher Repair
« on: Mar 03, 2020, 09:39 AM »
Does anyone have any experience fixing the PC 10 power cable on the ICE series Humminbird flashers? Specifically the sealed positive spade terminal has frayed off of the cable and the negative is also coming off. I was thinking about soldering a new spade terminal onto it but I'm worried that it would be exposed to the elements because it wouldn't be sealed like the factory ones. Furthermore the power cables sold by Johnson/Humminbird come without the spade terminals and require self assembly. Full disclosure I am looking to sell this unit and purchase a helix that could be used for both soft and hard water but I want to have it in full working order for whoever buys it.

link to power cable https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.com/acce...-10-power-cable

Offline Old Yellaw

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Flasher Repair
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2020, 10:02 AM »
Just solder it on and place heatshrink over it . Good as new and cheaper.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2020, 04:46 PM »
liquid electrical tape works good too.

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • sure its thick enough to hold our weight, after u
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2020, 10:15 AM »
Just solder it on and place heatshrink over it . Good as new and cheaper.

Yup, what Yellaw said.
   "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2020, 10:43 AM »
squeeze in some dielectric grease or silicone.

they don't get any elements that should be harmful to them anyway. main thing is to keep oxygen off of the copper wires to keep corrosion away so silicone or dielectric grease will do just that. put some in before inserting the wire and after on the connectors exposed end if you want more protection.

crimp on style should be fine and no need to solder them. i like to double up the exposed wire end so the crimp gets twice the wires and makes a better bond and fit. try to push the jacket tight to the crimp stop so none of the copper is exposed on the back side of the crimp.
soldering can cause corrosion with the flux and or acid core solder.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.