Author Topic: eskimo auger loses power at full throttle  (Read 3938 times)

Offline yvespicyk

• IceShanty Rookie
eskimo auger loses power at full throttle
« on: Dec 18, 2016, 02:15 PM »
Hey guys,
I have a mako43cc and I'm having a bit of an issue with it. when I pull the throttle to the max, the auger kind of bogs out and looses power, almost like it is getting flooded. it starts and idles 100% but yea when I open the throttle full power it just bogs out. I am always running fresh premium, with a bit of sea foam (is that a good thing to do even?) and the recommended ratio of gas-oil (20:1).
i am thinking it's a carb problem? is there adjustments to do? ??? ???

if you have any idea or have experienced similar problems, any tip would be appreciated !
stay safe out there !  :tipup:

Offline Icelanderexpress

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: eskimo auger loses power at full throttle
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2016, 04:51 PM »
Start with dumping out that 20:1 mixture and go with the recommended 50:1 stated on the gas cap and in the manual. That mix is too thick. If this doesn't work clean the carb out. Carbs usually don't just go out of adjustment. Hope this Helps.

Offline yvespicyk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2016, 04:53 PM »
yea so i found the issue lol when people started to mention the 50:1 ratio, i realized that my manual has the ratios in gallons:once lol problem solved

Offline Fishtrekker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2016, 04:54 PM »
Ill second that, they put those instructions on the auger for a reason, that is a big swing betweenn 20:1 and 50:1. If it still gives your trouble, like stated above, clean the carb out or get yourself some carb cleaner and get it done. Also try running non-oxo gas, will help in the long run.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2016, 04:55 PM »
Fill auger tank 1/4 w/proper oil/gas mix to that add Seafoam 2oz or more ...mix ....run auger till warmed up...then kill motor via the choke .....let sit half hour repeat ...let sit over night ...should fix some of the woes .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.