Author Topic: Twin Beaches Febuary 1st  (Read 3818 times)

Offline fshmanmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Twin Beaches Febuary 1st
« Reply #30 on: Feb 01, 2009, 07:58 PM »
Just GIVER!!!!! Unless you drive a Chevy......then it would be advisable to just walk out.

Offline tibbs42

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • the 1st one on...and the last 1 off
« Reply #31 on: Feb 01, 2009, 08:11 PM »
LOL!!!to tell you the truth...i just finished filleting now...43 keepers...got a couple nice bags now...im thinkin about takin a day off this week...ill let ya know...any idea what the temps gonna be like or the wind lol...cause that was brutal
I'm El Capitan Of The Wally Destroyer

Offline tibbs42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 01, 2009, 08:20 PM »
i dont know if you noticed us taking down our shack...but the thing flipped upside down...and the wind like...made it go airborn lol.. good thing we were holdin onto the straps or it would have been a 300$ kite with no strings... but i definately want to go back there...has anyone hit a MA el percho at twin beaches in the past couple??? generally those are huge perch...i thought if we waited there long enough eventually one would come around

Offline fshmanmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 01, 2009, 08:29 PM »
Temp & wind look ok so far for Wed.
We lost a few BIG ones. Not sure if they were MA but had to be close.

Offline eskimoman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 02, 2009, 09:56 AM »
Hey fshmanmb got your PM about lake MB on wed thats fine by me i dont care which lake we go to. Just let me know where and when and all be there.

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Feb 02, 2009, 01:27 PM »
i dont know if you noticed us taking down our shack...but the thing flipped upside down...and the wind like...made it go airborn lol.. good thing we were holdin onto the straps or it would have been a 300$ kite with no strings... but i definately want to go back there...has anyone hit a MA el percho at twin beaches in the past couple??? generally those are huge perch...i thought if we waited there long enough eventually one would come around

Master perch are hard to come by on L. Man. Hit one a couple years back, looked like an average small mouth bass. Only caught a few on that lake..and I've caught thousands of perch out there in the last 25 years.

FF
He who hesitates is lost...

Offline tibbs42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 02, 2009, 08:29 PM »
well im gonna keep at it...cause the way we've been hittin them...im very confident in gettin one this year... if not... im gonna have like a billion perch fillets for trying so hard

Offline MNT MIKE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Feb 02, 2009, 09:53 PM »
EXTENTIONS ARE NEEDED ON LAKE MAN!!!! Was there today from 8-430 not very good! Between the three of us we landed 55 with 30 keepers! Bloody cold and windy with low visibility this morning. Went out about 1/4 mile and fished in about 7 fow till noon with only 14 on the ice! Decided to move out to 10 fow and my friend dropped his line pulled 1 up, he did that another 5 times all in about 2 minutes! Wind calmed down at about 2 pm! Marked LOTS on the bird but they just didnt want to play! Maybe on Friday they will be willing to "take 1 for the team". WHAT A WALK SHEESH!! :P
I see the Frisbee getting bigger,Bigger,BIGGER....then it hits me.....

Offline tibbs42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Feb 02, 2009, 10:00 PM »
is there a tourney comin up at twin beaches soon??? someone told me this the other day but im not sure if its just heresay... and mnt i found the 10-12 foot mark was the money spot..12 produced a little bigger..i want to find some deeper spots on the lake but im not sure how far ill have to travel out

Offline tibbs42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 02, 2009, 10:02 PM »
i was using neon greens all day with an extended stinger hook and i maybe missed a total of 5 or 6 the whole day...i found bright orange and neon greens worked the best...what colors were you using???i think im gonna go buy the tiny chromeheads again...i love usin chromeheads...theyre definately my favorite jig out there...expensive as hell though...and i saw at canadian tire they got a bunch of different colors but they come in packs

Offline MNT MIKE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 02, 2009, 10:28 PM »
Hey Tibbs! I was using a minnie trout gold plated spoon tipped with a minnow head, and a chartreuse green tear drop jig with a perch eye also pink!
Yes there is a perch tourney at Twin coming up in March "not sure the date" but there is a sign on Twin beach road anouncing it! There will be a plow to plow roads on the ice as well! I think I may be going to this 1 too.

Offline tibbs42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 03, 2009, 06:29 AM »
was there a tournament last year...and if so...how does it go by...biggest 3 fish or 6...or what...whatever it is...id like to enter it

Offline MNT MIKE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Feb 03, 2009, 03:58 PM »
This is the third annual perch derby, befor that was the Manapogo derbies! I am not familiar with how they run it weather it be 3 fish or 6! My brother would know but the lucky bum is in Brazil right now. I will make some phone calls tomorrow and let you know!

Offline tibbs42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Feb 03, 2009, 05:33 PM »
and for auger extensions....what size auger you got...hand? gas?... i got the eskimo shark 10" the spot i drilled on the weekend was only about 2.5-3..... but when i drilled 2 weeks ago i swear i was just hittin the 4 foot mark...its up to you if you need the extension or not...if you dont make it through..id try 20 m towards shore...i bet youll make it

Offline MNT MIKE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Feb 03, 2009, 07:39 PM »
I just have a hand auger. We had 2 augers out there and my 1 friends would just make it but didnt cut all the way thru! So we used my other friends auger with a 12" ex. and that is the 1 we used for all our holes!

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Feb 04, 2009, 11:16 AM »
is there a tourney comin up at twin beaches soon??? someone told me this the other day but im not sure if its just heresay... and mnt i found the 10-12 foot mark was the money spot..12 produced a little bigger..i want to find some deeper spots on the lake but im not sure how far ill have to travel out

On L. Manitoba east end the 12 foot mark is the "change up" from sand/mud shoreline area to the flat clay bottom that makes up the lake basin. This transition zone is where perch like to hang. Walleye will be shallower first ice and last ice... don't know what wallies do mid winter? No need to get much deeper than 12-14 fow IMO for good perch fishing... just that at some points on that shoreline you may have to go out a mile or more to find this depth. Deepest areas on south basin of L. Manitoba are about 22-24 feet. Just my 2 cents worth...

FF
He who hesitates is lost...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.