New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1026374 times)

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #4770 on: Feb 23, 2020, 06:58 PM »
Wow! Monster perch, Freddie. Nice job

It's rare that those sheep actually bite thru the ice but they're fun.

I had another slow one tonight. One perfect eater that came home with me and a 22 1/2" that went back. Lots of zombies in one spot. I may have to send a camera down to see what they are because I can't seem to budge 'em.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4771 on: Feb 23, 2020, 07:11 PM »
never got a sheephead threw the ice ....pretty cool i got a carp once down to the river

Offline mcully

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4772 on: Feb 23, 2020, 07:15 PM »
Bet winter sheep taste better than summer sheep. Did you lop the sides off to try!?

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #4773 on: Feb 23, 2020, 07:25 PM »

good job fred........had a nice eye bite first light then went looking for perch and picked away for a couple hrs.......friends and family are eating good this year

OneidaAngler

« Reply #4774 on: Feb 23, 2020, 09:00 PM »

Found a slow, but steady perch bite today off the beach. Really had to finesse most of them with a hexi-fly and spikes. Caught a few on tipups plus a nice keeper walleye. Big shout out to Apps. Didn't know they were cash only. They let me grab some buckeyes and pay after I got off the ice and hit the ATM. Not many places would do such a thing.

Offline bigbuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4775 on: Feb 23, 2020, 09:42 PM »
Just read that a snowmobile went through the ice on Saturday afternoon on the East end by Marion Manor. They got out ok thank goodness.
Here is a link to the story...
https://cnycentral.com/news/local/deputies-riders-pull-themselves-out-of-oneida-lake-after-snowmobile-falls-through-ice

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4776 on: Feb 23, 2020, 10:36 PM »

good job fred........had a nice eye bite first light then went looking for perch and picked away for a couple hrs.......friends and family are eating good this year
good job scout. seems the walleye bite has really  picked up .
 I had to take the day off  today...too tired and sore from a loooooong drag and walk yesterday !. Then almost went off the road and Had to pull over on 81 to nap,..... got home about 11 pm sat nite from Oneida.
Keep on catching !
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4777 on: Feb 23, 2020, 11:01 PM »

It's rare that those sheep actually bite thru the ice but they're fun.

I had another slow one tonight. One perfect eater that came home with me and a 22 1/2" that went back. Lots of zombies in one spot. I may have to send a camera down to see what they are because I can't seem to budge 'em.
I caught my one and only sheepie through the ice off Lewis Pt.  on a deadsticked buckeye about 7 years ago. thought it was cool.

Sent the camera down last week to see what was going on where I was...they were lethargic eyes under me that day. ...refused to bite in the mud or rise more than like 6 inches off the bottom ....maybe after dark they would , but can't always stay that late to find out.

Nice to see you releasing the bigger walleyes chowdaire., good for the fishery. I personally love those 15 , 16 , and 17 inchers the best for eating anyway.
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline Delicious_J_Large

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4778 on: Feb 24, 2020, 05:06 AM »
Went out of Chapman Sunday afternoon 2-6:30 with my old man.  All but one perch came from him.  Was a beautiful evening by the time we got off the ice.

Offline 2muchleft

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4779 on: Feb 24, 2020, 05:10 AM »
Went out off of Godfrey Sunday morning and struggled to find many marks.  Had a little more action on the deeper break than the first one.  The pressure crack out front was still solid enough to get across but had a lot of wet ugly spots along it.  Coming in the shore ice at the launch was broken up so we exited off to the side over the rocks.  Be careful this week with the warming temps getting on and off there.

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4780 on: Feb 24, 2020, 06:22 AM »
Nice job on the fish everyone. Fred that’s a heck of a catch! I got out yesterday and ended up catching 8 eyes and 12 perch. Started off pretty cold but ended up being a nice day!
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4781 on: Feb 24, 2020, 07:34 AM »

Good job guys
 You know Bob even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while

Offline Tg8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4782 on: Feb 24, 2020, 08:36 AM »
Hit the north west area of Lewis point, Spent 30min or so at 15, 25, 31, 42, 37, then back at 34 ft. Caught two smallies, one was a pig, a few dink perch, and one nice one.Finally at dusk an Eye came in, wouldn't touch the jigging rap with minnow head, so I dropped a slender spoon down baitless, and did six inch hops at 10ft off the bottom, and he absolutely destroyed it. Had the spoon almost swallowed. Luckily, I was able to pull it out with no damage, and returned him from whence he came. Also, the line broke off at the hole as his head bobbed to the surface, So I dove at him with two hands and got him before he went back down. Tons of fun!!!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/riCHf6wqcAEfP3w29
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xuas4pjKbJK5uYSu7

Offline Dug1898

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4783 on: Feb 24, 2020, 09:20 AM »
It looks like the fishermen of Oneida Lake are eating well as said earlier. I also see the fish have been eating well too. Lots of fat fish photos. I finally stopped long enough to remembeer to take a picture of my fish dinner in the pan last friday...it was walleye, portabella mushrooms, compari tomatoes, tomato paste, pamasean cheese, salt, pepper, garlic olive oil and other secret stuff. Man was it good...more like a Gumbo I guess...I just love those baby mushrooms...I must thank a couple of Diehards for helping me eat like a king again. Thanks guys, the 3rd week of February was always prime time for me. ><{{{;> Be safe.

Offline hockey14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4784 on: Feb 24, 2020, 10:46 AM »
Saturday i was crossing the lake on my wheeler to head in. as i was riding i noticed a guy dragging his hut and taking a few breaks it was obvious he was having a hard time. A sled drove by him and then a wheeler passed him. I stopped hooked his sled to my wheeler and he sat on his hut as i pulled him in. he said he had problems and didnt think he would have made it in. based on what i saw he shouldnt have even dragged out to begin with. That aside im disappointed that my fellow fisherman would not stop and help a guy out that obviously needed it. Sorry just my rant for today

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4785 on: Feb 24, 2020, 10:48 AM »
Saturday i was crossing the lake on my wheeler to head in. as i was riding i noticed a guy dragging his hut and taking a few breaks it was obvious he was having a hard time. A sled drove by him and then a wheeler passed him. I stopped hooked his sled to my wheeler and he sat on his hut as i pulled him in. he said he had problems and didnt think he would have made it in. based on what i saw he shouldnt have even dragged out to begin with. That aside im disappointed that my fellow fisherman would not stop and help a guy out that obviously needed it. Sorry just my rant for today

This sport needs more people like you. Great job!

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #4786 on: Feb 24, 2020, 03:10 PM »

What a nice morning to fish........didn't mark a ton but got the ones I did to bite........gonna guess it's gonna be sloppy til we get cold again on thursday

Offline LP Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4787 on: Feb 24, 2020, 03:11 PM »

I got asked by a lady at the parking lot to pick up a guy friday night, so I dropped off my stuff and grabbed him. All was good till i looked back and saw him barrel rolling on the ice behind me. Not doing that again, if you walk out walk back in. I ws laughing all night. Hey I tried!

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4788 on: Feb 24, 2020, 03:36 PM »
Got some dandy perch this morning, what A day to get out. I should have went back this afternoon, but I have fish to clean. Walk was easy, great ice too.

:)

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4789 on: Feb 24, 2020, 04:09 PM »

Good job guys
 You know Bob even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while
lol sometimes they even find 34 nuts 🤪

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4790 on: Feb 24, 2020, 05:15 PM »
Hockey   thanks for doing that for a guy in need    I got a ride in myself today    wasn't desperate but it sure felt good

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4791 on: Feb 24, 2020, 06:27 PM »
 Well done all ,
   Goon whooped me good
  Slower for me today but not disappointed
 14 perch  and a limit of eyes ,
 Doug that looks delicious

Offline Crappie slammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4792 on: Feb 24, 2020, 07:26 PM »
Na we didn’t go Sunday rickr. Went to long John silvers figured we had a better chance on getting a fillet

Offline bigbuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4793 on: Feb 24, 2020, 10:15 PM »
Made the drive from Rochester for an afternoon on the ice. Beautiful out there today. Managed 6 perch and 5 more donated by a nearby fisherman. Yielded 2 pounds of nice filets. Had to work to find the marks.

Offline Birdslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Keep moving
« Reply #4794 on: Feb 24, 2020, 10:39 PM »
Update fished sat and sunday sat out of Lewis me and fiancee got 5 eyes right al last light and she dropped a big one for her limit out. Boy was she pissed. Then fished sunday for a couple of hours off the beach in 20 ft got 2 nice eye one on tip up other on rap. She got a few big perch  and lost a nice eye on the tip down

Glad you were able to get on some active fish! My wife use to fish with me until we had two little boys... now she stays home with the kids... for now!! I told her to go fishing with my family and I'll watch the boys but she always says no go have fun and bring back dinner!! Great woman! And before anyone says it yes I have had both my boys on the ice but at ages 2.5 and 11 months it's pretty hard. Not to mention the dirty looks I get when they do come out, actually had one person ask me if I was crazy... guess some people just don't get it. Fishing has and always will be a family activity for me!! of course I'm gonna watch them like a hawk when they are out there and they have life jackets on ALWAYS. I honestly don't remember a time when I wasn't on the ice and I want my kids to be the same... 2.5 year old does a little happy dance every time I come home with fish in the bucket. Then he dives right in picking them up and wanting to help clean them. Makes my heart melt watching that little dance.
Find the bite, Fish the bite, repeat

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4795 on: Feb 25, 2020, 06:36 AM »
Looks like we are under a winter storm watch from Wednesday night-Saturday. Snow accumulations in excess of 2 feet. I hope it doesn’t swing down to the lake. 🤞🏻

Offline FishinDude0901

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Walleye Wisdom
« Reply #4796 on: Feb 25, 2020, 09:31 AM »
Hey all. Me and a few buddies are coming down from Rochester to fish the weekend. How are ice conditions? Do you think it will be safe after the warm weather this week? I plan on bringing my quad. All information is helpful thank you. We are staying in the east side of the lake.
Jiggin' Like A Fool

Offline elrodalonzo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4797 on: Feb 25, 2020, 10:05 AM »
Hey all. Me and a few buddies are coming down from Rochester to fish the weekend. How are ice conditions? Do you think it will be safe after the warm weather this week? I plan on bringing my quad. All information is helpful thank you. We are staying in the east side of the lake.

Not looking good.

Offline Schwartzy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4798 on: Feb 25, 2020, 10:28 AM »
https://www.syracuse.com/crime/2020/02/man-on-atv-sinks-through-ice-on-oneida-lake.html
ATV through the ice earlier today.
Oneida is always unsafe. It’s is getting wet and if we get the lake effect snow it will be interesting.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4799 on: Feb 25, 2020, 10:48 AM »
 From the pic there was open water not far away , plus rocks showing
  Glad he’s ok

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.