Author Topic: white oak park Bloomington  (Read 984 times)

Offline Oneicehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
white oak park Bloomington
« on: Jan 27, 2014, 08:40 AM »
Anyone know who was on white oak park in Bloomington yesterday.   Went by on my train and was highly jealous!! Also was wondering if anyone had a fish report on this little urban fishery, may give it a shot later this week.
JKL "just keep livin"

Offline DaWakoKid

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: white oak park Bloomington
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2014, 09:13 AM »
One, not sure who was out yesterday, but I live in the neighborhood to the north of the lake, so I'm really close. I've fished the lake a couple times in spring/summer, all with little luck. Some small gills, few small bass. There's people out there fishing all the time, but I rarely see anyone catch anything to brag about.

I have heard about someone catching a decent walleye out of White Oak from a trusted source, but I have no idea if the population was intentionally stocked or if someone just planted a small number in there.

Anyway, if you head out and are looking for company, let me know or let me know if you do head out and catch anything worthwhile.

Offline Oneicehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2014, 04:59 PM »
Cool thanks for the info.  I usually get out during the week since I'm on call.  What schedule works for you?   Jeremy
JKL "just keep livin"

Offline teamflannel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2014, 05:01 PM »
Used to read about how great it was in the pantagraph years ago.
My nephew and I fished it right after first of the year, dink gills and fiddler channel's. One other pair fishing with shelter and electronics, we were sitting on 5 gal. buckets, every time they got out to drill holes I told my nephew "see, they aren't catching anything to take home either". Just like anywhere else, you have to take some fish out, or they don't have enough resources to thrive and therfore stunt. The problem there is we had to go all the way out to the middle to reach deeper water... No way you could do that from the bank three quarters of the other time of the year.
Live to fish, Fish to live.

Offline Oneicehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2014, 05:05 PM »
So are we gonna swiss cheese this lake later this week?  Thursday maybe Friday.  Jeremy
JKL "just keep livin"

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2014, 05:17 PM »
Last time fished there it was fiddler cats and tiny gills thru ice.  Fly rod manages some average looking gills.  If you are up for Thursday after noon I may run by but thinking about Lake B.

Was at one time perch and decent crappie long ago last bad winter we had I think.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline DaWakoKid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2014, 09:18 AM »
One, I may be able to join some afternoon or evening, but I'm usually in the office from 8:30 until 4ish. Some evenings I have meetings, so it just depends on what day you get out there.

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2014, 10:12 PM »
Hoping for a warm evening to try night at E white oak ramp..
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline Oneicehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2014, 10:45 PM »
Warm evening when you going june?  What day ya thinking I'm thinking a day or two after this storm. Jeremy
JKL "just keep livin"

Offline DaWakoKid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2014, 08:07 PM »
Any of you guys out there today? Saw 2 shanties and another guy in the parking lot. Thought about bundling up and getting the gear to see if I could help out, but a visitation put a stop to that.

Offline Oneicehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2014, 10:16 PM »
Not me played choo choo all day.
JKL "just keep livin"

Offline lobhater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 05, 2014, 01:46 PM »
Yeah, I showed up out there after work last night and got in an hour and a half of fishing with some buddies who were already set up. I feel like a broken record with my posts, but once again.... small crappie, small catfish, not much good to report. Marked quite a few fish suspended but not too many takers. I promise if I had any good advice or something to brag about I would post it, not holding out on you guys! Might give it one more shot before the end of the year out on White Oak since it's so close to home but not sure when as of now.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.