Author Topic: Where is everybody?  (Read 802 times)

Offline waterfowler04

• IceShanty Rookie
Where is everybody?
« on: Jan 01, 2013, 06:30 PM »
I grew up in Freeport Illinois moved to South Bend Indiana 6 years ago, my family and I just recently moved back to the area. Living in northern Indiana and using the Michigan and Indiana forums for several years coming back here and having to deal with this crappy Illinois forum is depressing to say the least! Where is everybody I know there might not be as many lakes to fish, as Indiana and Michigan, but there should at least be some activity on here. Today alone there has only been three topics replied to on the Illinois forum. The Indiana and Michigan forum has numerous replies almost every minute. Come on guys!

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Where is everybody?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2013, 09:17 PM »
not much safe ice and even less for lazy types who don't do there own searching.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline Soozookie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Plastics!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2013, 09:39 PM »
yeah its always about the same dozen people that post on the illinois forum. Its always slow. Fishing was great today. A friend and I made it out to a private lake in lasalle today. We caught over 60 gills, we kept half. There was 4-4.5 of good solid black ice. Ran the 2 man nanook thermal with the heater all day, felt safe. Using demon jig tipped with spikes.

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2013, 10:17 PM »
Where did ya get spikes?

Offline Soozookie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Plastics!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2013, 10:45 PM »
I order them online from vados i get a 1000 every season.

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2013, 05:54 AM »
Ic I called time on the water the other day and asked if they had spikes and the guy there acted like I was speaking french!!! He had no clue what I was talking about obiviously they don't have them.

Offline Ryne

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2013, 06:27 AM »
that little place in sheffield sells spikes. Garfield Stier or whatever? We always stop there to get all out bait.

Offline ratsotail

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spring bobbers and ratsotails!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2013, 08:58 AM »
Waterfowler,

I'd have to agree the IL board is low on participation. But, looking on the bright side, if you become a regular poster now then that is an improvement. I don't know if everyone is tight-lipped and don't want their spots burned or they just don't like social forums, but there are ways to participate without giving up your hotspots. Welcome to the board and Happy New Year!

tight lines,

ratsotail

Offline waterfowler04

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2013, 09:24 AM »
Like i said before i was a member for several years i just started up a new account. Happy New Year to you all as well. I will post as much as i can as long as everybody else returns the favor. There is way to many lurkers on here!

Offline Chiroguyf250

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2013, 10:25 AM »
Well I know I don't post much but lurk a bit.  I Went out yesterday ice was popping like crazy it's awesome to hear.  We caught 4 pike biggest was 24 smallest was 14 no pan fish. We did however gd to see a buddies pole fly into the hole.  A flag went up he ran didn't take his pole out of the hole or place it in a safe position and we heard it go kerplunk haha we laughed he cried. 

We have been fishing some small local marsh pond no deeper then 4.5 feet bc of the drought

Ps I work over 60 hours and when I'm not working I'm with my fam and reLly only post while I'm doing my business where I have a few seconds to relax haha
I've got your back!

Offline minnowkeith

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2013, 10:44 AM »
South end of Pistakee has been producing gills for a few days. Ice isn't to my liking just yet, Iv'e been swimming before and didn't like it.
Leave nothing behind but your footprints

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2013, 05:13 PM »
Ryne we know he would sell them but he was having a hard time getting them in.  Tbirdbassr was hoping to find them somewhere else while we waited for mike to get them in sheffield
<br />

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.