Pennsylvania > Ice Fishing Pennsylvania

I Closed this crappy ice season!

(1/3) > >>

RuttNutt:
Well, Sunday was my last day on the ice this year. I have some commitments Fri/Sat and then I leave for Hilton Head S.C. early Sunday morning for the week. GOnna take my kayak and "soft water" gear and do some inshore fishing.

This was the shortest and worst season (for ice) since I have been ice-fishing(25+ years).  Looking back on my pics, I got on first ice on Jan 17th(latest start to the ice season ever) and Feb 25th was my last day. Had the sketchiest ice ever.................. .......only measured more than 5" one time and that was Sunday on Belmont. Had to drive a bit further this year and take some days off during the week, but managed to fish 13 days.

But we made the most of it and had some good times. Got a new flasher and tried out some new accessories, so next season should be a banner year if we have better ice. Never got to do an overnighter, but did do a bit of nite fishing twice.

Got big plans for next season and hope to make up for the lousy seasons we have had the last couple................ .........

As bad as it was, we did have some good days! 😎

kmu70:
Me i only got out 4 times, didnt even fish my favorite lake ,shohola, between work and lousy ice ,terrible year. worst year in my close to 50 yrs.
RUTT Nutt want to thank you for all your reports, without you, there would of been very few reports. not sure whats up .theres only small core of people
on here these days. Good luck in S.C. Hope to meet one day on the ice.

MumbleSEED:
Pretty rough season on the hardwater.  Between bringing another child into this world and my pops getting ill I only got out 1 day of the possible days to fish around here.  I'll relish on that until next season as sometimes you gotta be happy with what you got not what you want!  My gear has been put away since the beginning of February.  Time to break out the long poles and hit the trails with the wheeler.

Rutt - Poseidon's is a solid place for some cold beer and fresh oysters.  Hilton Head is a nice spot.  Rode a bike across that island several times always make a stop or two at the Salty Dog never did any fishing there on the island, enjoy and watch for gators!

RuttNutt:

--- Quote from: kmu70 on Feb 27, 2024, 08:21 AM ---Me i only got out 4 times, didnt even fish my favorite lake ,shohola, between work and lousy ice ,terrible year. worst year in my close to 50 yrs.
RUTT Nutt want to thank you for all your reports, without you, there would of been very few reports. not sure whats up .theres only small core of people
on here these days. Good luck in S.C. Hope to meet one day on the ice.

--- End quote ---

You’re quite welcome! Just trying to do my part................

Yep- hopefully we get better ice next year and can organize some type of informal gathering on the ice somewhere for an Ice Shanty “meet and greet!”  ;)

RuttNutt:

--- Quote from: MumbleSEED on Feb 27, 2024, 08:52 AM ---Pretty rough season on the hardwater.  Between bringing another child into this world and my pops getting ill I only got out 1 day of the possible days to fish around here.  I'll relish on that until next season as sometimes you gotta be happy with what you got not what you want!  My gear has been put away since the beginning of February.  Time to break out the long poles and hit the trails with the wheeler.

Rutt - Poseidon's is a solid place for some cold beer and fresh oysters.  Hilton Head is a nice spot.  Rode a bike across that island several times always make a stop or two at the Salty Dog never did any fishing there on the island, enjoy and watch for gators!

--- End quote ---

AMEN on the “grateful for what we got!” 😜

Thanks for the info! I’ll be staying at my uncle’s place but probably not fishing fresh water. They get some gators in their ponds on a pretty regular basis- he’s in Okatie. My daughter’s college tennis team will be down there, so I hope to try the saltwater fishing in between matches.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version