Author Topic: Lowrance elite 4 chirp interference  (Read 912 times)

Offline tjk3rd

• IceShanty Rookie
Lowrance elite 4 chirp interference
« on: Feb 01, 2019, 07:34 AM »
Can anyone help me?  I use a lowrance elite 4 chirp and I am having a hard time eliminating interference from other sounders.  It works fine when I am alone but if I am near another fisherman my screen goes crazy.  I can get rid of most of it but then I can't see my jig or tell what is a fish?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline stykbowhunter61

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lowrance elite 4 chirp interference
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2019, 08:14 AM »
having owned the 68C and the 4X Elite ice packs I can tell you this... I sold them both and bought a Marcum Showdown and will never go back to Lowrance for Icefishing. The showdown is so darn simple and easy to use with 1/2" of separation I can see the fish above and below my jig. I can see the fish come up to the jig... I played hell trying to figure out everything on the Lowrance. I thought the 4X Elite with the Chirp Technology was going to be the answer after using it on open water and jigging with 1/2oz jigs.. was easy to see, but with Ice Jigs it was not only frustrating, it was disappointing after dropping $125 on the Ice Pack for it.

I had an opportunity to purchase a nearly Showdown 5.6 like my sone uses and felt like I had found the golden egg. No more frustration or disappointments

JMO

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2019, 08:45 AM »
I just posted this on another thread:

Start with both units with No Surface Clarity and No Noise Rejection.  On ONE of the units, begin changing the Surface Clarity and Noise Rejection between low/med/high until you figure out the sweet spot.  I use two Elite 5 HDI's in the same shack all the time.  Also an Elite 5 HDI and a Marcum M1.  While there will still be a little bit of interference, it is perfectly usable.  I love the Lowrance.

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2019, 08:53 AM »
Good advise above. Also maybe try taking it off high chirp.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2019, 10:18 AM »
I loved my lowrances, but gave up on them when i couldnt shake the interference. I fish too close to others all the time, just couldnt make it work and always was wasting time trying to get rid of it.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline tjk3rd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2019, 10:41 AM »
Good advise above. Also maybe try taking it off high chirp.
What do you suggest I set it on? Thank you for any help.

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2019, 10:45 AM »
I used an x-67c and if anyone with a mechanical vex was anywhere near it would drive the Lowrance nuts. Never did solve it, but told the kid I was fishing with to shut his Vex off if he was coming near me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.