Author Topic: flasher cable reel?  (Read 784 times)

Offline chop1

• Team IceShanty Regular
flasher cable reel?
« on: Nov 05, 2017, 03:36 PM »
i watch the jason mitchell outdoors tv show today and the guest had a electric self reeling flasher cable reel ? anyone !

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: flasher cable reel?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2017, 03:39 PM »

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2017, 04:08 PM »
Wow $180+ for an electric reel for the ducer.......Tis is just frickin stupid.........it should be a $30-$40 item.

Offline icefish1960

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2017, 04:50 PM »
I saw that today too, its pretty cool, but I can get a lot of gear for$180.00. I sometimes drill two holes, one to jig, one for the ducer, or I just keep the ducer high in the hole. I see a little more clutter on the screen but nothing that keeps me from seeing fish.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 05, 2017, 05:45 PM »
I saw that today too, its pretty cool, but I can get a lot of gear for$180.00. I sometimes drill two holes, one to jig, one for the ducer, or I just keep the ducer high in the hole. I see a little more clutter on the screen but nothing that keeps me from seeing fish.

If I'm using a 6in I just cut two holes. if I'm using an 8in I just keep the cord right against the ice with the ducer head just below........haven't had much issues.....at $180 a guy can do a couple day/nights fishing trip......this is a $180 fix for a very small problem.

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2017, 06:14 PM »
What next???

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 05, 2017, 07:31 PM »
What next???

Maybe we can tie it into the sonar feed so when it detects that you've hooked a fish and are bringing it up, it winds the cable and rotates out of the way.

:roflmao:

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 06, 2017, 12:19 PM »
Maybe we can tie it into the sonar feed so when it detects that you've hooked a fish and are bringing it up, it winds the cable and rotates out of the way.

:roflmao:

Lol, yes! As the transducer senses the fish swimming faster the sonar will automatically increase the speed of the mechanized winder to keep the transducer cable ahead of the speeding fish. If it senses the fish coming up slowly the automated winder will slow down to save valuable battery life.

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 06, 2017, 01:37 PM »
is anyone sure its for a flasher cable? i only have about 2 ft. out on the fl20, but sometimes have 20-30 out on tthe camera. it would be more useful on the cam. wire

Chute82

« Reply #9 on: Nov 06, 2017, 07:18 PM »
The old saying my grandfather always told me “ A  fool and his money are soon parted”

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Nov 07, 2017, 07:08 AM »
The old saying my grandfather always told me “ A  fool and his money are soon parted”
hey Chute82, was your grandfather a rich man? HaHaHa. wire

Chute82

« Reply #11 on: Nov 07, 2017, 04:22 PM »
hey Chute82, was your grandfather a rich man? HaHaHa. wire

Rich money wise...no.... but had a very rich life...

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Nov 08, 2017, 11:50 AM »
made the mistake of asking gramps if thats why we weren,t rich , i was maybe 6 or 7, ,n, he switched my arse good for being a "smart arse. when grams asked the same thing, i noticed he didn,t switch her. she laughed for hours. prolly 65 or 68 yrs ago ,n, i still remember the"burn". lol wire

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.