Author Topic: FISH CAMERAS OMG!  (Read 976 times)

Offline mcsquinty

• IceShanty Rookie
FISH CAMERAS OMG!
« on: Jan 22, 2013, 08:45 PM »
So I've used flashers a long time, finally bought one for myself a couple years ago, helps my catch rate.  Cool stuff.

I was at the Brainerd fishing contest the last week and Ice Force was out there showing off their $1100 camera/flasher.  Awesome, figured I could never have this kind of fanciness, not rich enough.

I picked up a Fish TV 5" along with a marcum camera panner.  AWESOME! 23 feet of water, fairly clear water, awesome.  We could see perch and walleye, some suckers, and a great big muskie came in.  I gorilla taped the aqua view floodlight to the side of it for night viewing, worked ok, no fish came by.

My excitement level was at about 13 out of 10.  Fishing is amazing now.

Then, the next day, I took the fish tv back.

I upgraded to the Vexilar FS 1000.

O.M.G.

I'm not the omg'ing type.

This thing is AMAZING.  300 times better than the fish tv.  The field of view and range is incredible!.  Even at sundown, when the fish tv was dark, it was still color.  We saw perch suddenly materializing in the distance.  When the fish bit, it was like you could see all the muscles flexing, and then hook set ripping the fish up.  Walleyes cruizing by and checking out the bait.  AWESOME.  You all need one NOW!  Just do it.  Now!

I picked up the

Offline bigbuckmiddaugh

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: FISH CAMERAS OMG!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2013, 12:17 PM »
OH yeah!  i have a marcum 625sd, was going to sell it, but think i'm keeping it now.  It Really helps a lot when bluegill are biting really light. And the fun factor is thru the roof. lol  My kids love using it! Not as much as my friends that go. lmao

Perch around me DO NOT like it though!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2013, 01:20 PM »
Cameras definitely have their place. Enjoy!

WS

Offline MT-Ed

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2013, 10:16 PM »
I'm right there with ya Squinty!!!!!  Guys tell me all the time what a waste the cam is. I cannot tell you how many times it has made the difference between something over nothing, or lots over a couple. I quit trying to share their benefits, I just sit and giggle each time I haul up ANOTHER, when everyone around me is p%$$ing about how poor the bite is!!!! I'm even trying to rig up a bank of IR led lights for using it at night. The leds have no visible light, but when you aim the camera at the place it is shining, it looks like daytime.......very much like my security cameras around the house. Enjoy it!!!

servocam

« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2013, 10:31 PM »
For panfishing, I much prefer using my UW cam (Marcum 825c) then my flasher (Vexilar FL8).  Kids love it as well.  I'd like to get one of the new Aqua View's.

Love watching the fish strike the bait or the big pike that comes and says hello.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.