Author Topic: Another aqua-vu question  (Read 1327 times)

Offline tackle123

• IceShanty Rookie
  • This is me and my son.
Another aqua-vu question
« on: Dec 30, 2005, 11:22 AM »
I was just wondering if you can use the camra without the plastic fish. I somtimes like to use a 4 inch auger and the camra is just a bit bigger than that with the plastic fish its about 4 1/2. Any tips on what everyone does to get the camra back out through a smaller holes.  I will more than likely just end up drilling 2 holes next to each other or just use a bigger auger. Thanks guys and gals.

Jim

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Re: Another aqua-vu question
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2005, 11:30 AM »
This was brought up in a past post...It was mentioned that there is a hole in the tail that is perfect to tie some line to, then they taped the line a few feet up the cable so when the camer was just below the ice they pulled the line and the fish turns so you can easily pull it up thru the ice....Hope that makes sense

JasonUpstate

« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2005, 12:17 PM »
This was brought up in a past post...It was mentioned that there is a hole in the tail that is perfect to tie some line to, then they taped the line a few feet up the cable so when the camer was just below the ice they pulled the line and the fish turns so you can easily pull it up thru the ice....Hope that makes sense

Ahhhh never knew that...

Offline tackle123

• IceShanty Rookie
  • This is me and my son.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2005, 01:10 PM »
I thought about tying the line and if I keep the plastic fin on I know i can hook the camara cable to that also that works great for down viewing. I was hopeing I did not have to keep the plastic fish on I like to use a 4 inch auger and the plastic fish just makes the camara a little to big. When they first came out they did not have the plastic fish. I really don't think the plastic fish helps attract fish all that much. Maybe they do. Thanks for all the help!!!
    PS I love my 4 inch for perch

Jim

Offline Fishbreath

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2005, 01:44 PM »
I use a 5" auger and have the same problem. I have been using my gaff to hook the tail and it comes right up. I just rigged it up to use as a down view but haven't tried it yet. I don't want to take my old 8" auger along to drill holes for the camera. If, I say if the ice gets thick enough I'll take the power auger along instead of the 5 " I didn't experiment with the camera to see if the fish comes apart. I did try using the weight on the fish so I could set the camera on the bottom so the camera doesn't spin and that just make it harder to get out of the hole.
My wife is a widow during ice season.
ice shanty #53
VBA #299
retirement is't all its cracked up to be.................... ............its better

Offline fishinfool

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2005, 02:06 PM »
I use a ten inch auger and dont have the problem.but I do tie line to the tail just to get the down view on my hole. :tipup:

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2005, 05:01 PM »
Mine didn't come with one of these but I see they are available as add-ons. I'm sure you can use it without the fish skin. I still don't understand why they even added this feature since it only adds cost to the unit without adding value. I have never had fish spooked by the camera.

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2005, 08:16 PM »
I would assume you can take it off I highly doubt they changed the whole cam design just for that stupid looking fake fish.
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline fishinfool

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2005, 04:46 PM »
I find a lot of the fish like it also.i get a lot of mr.limpet looks at the camera.LOl

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.