Author Topic: trying to get away with out getting in trouble  (Read 4940 times)

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Re: trying to get away with out getting in trouble
« Reply #60 on: Mar 04, 2009, 12:35 PM »
i can allways find another wife but a friend with a fish trap guide & power auger

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #61 on: Mar 04, 2009, 04:32 PM »
The older you get and the longer you're married the easier it is.

The older you get, the more you forget...so the old..."I forgot to tell you I'm going fishing this weekend" or the even better "You forgot I was going fishing this weekend" becomes very effective.

The longer you've been married, the less likely she'll object to being without your grouchy, miserable butt sitting on the couch watching TV and mumbling to yourself about wishing you were fishing.

Take it from a guy pushing hard at 60's door and married for 38 years.

Actually, my wife has never complained about me going fishing or hunting, or shooting, or playing golf. She knows that's exactly what I'm doing.....and she likes her time alone too. I have to say though, she was never too thrilled about me leaving in my rock and ice climbing days.

RG

Gotta agree with you rg. I'm pushing 66 and probably enough of a pain that she wants to get rid of me once in a while. It has been a long winter for since we had a ton of snow on the lakes and my fishing buddies were too beat up to go this winter. Maybe my wheeler and I will have to go now that it is starting to warm up around here.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #62 on: Mar 04, 2009, 06:36 PM »
The best way is to just tell her you're going. If you ask then your giving her a chance to tell you not to go. Or you'll find yourself trying to reason with her and somewhere along that conversation you'll be having a conversation in your head something like this ... ("why do I need your permission to fish? ... you never asked me for permission to ruin my life ...").   :-\
Take it from us married guys, WE KNOW !!!     :pinch:

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline chimsweep

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Mar 05, 2009, 10:21 PM »
Mine bought me my gas auger 3 years ago, buys bait fir me and 140$ set of tilts this year I didnt even have to go to nieces birthday party last sunday, Either a great wife or just gettin rid of me. this @ 18years together.

Can you give the wife a message for me? I can't make it for the   ;) Nieces Birthday....something has come up.  ;D

Just yankin' your chain..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.