Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1617392 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #12390 on: May 04, 2018, 08:24 PM »
Good evening 9:45ers, thank you for the get well wishes first day taking the antibiotic thankfully experiencing no side effects at this time. Little scary reading how some of the side effects can still happen a month or more after you stop taking the medication. This sudden change to Summer type temperatures is not helping me we had a ozone alert the other day.
Eddie enjoy the T-ball game and watching your grandson play this season.
Ice Wanderer hope therapy session went well and your not to sore today. Have fun at granddaughter ball game.
Tom Turkey ditto Eddie's comments on funeral. 
Whopper Stopper may you reduce mole population before they do to make damage to your yard .
Hunts2long good to read your seeing some walleyes all the best when season opens later this month.
IFF how was the bike ride, hope you have turned corner on problems with muscle soreness.
Wallyworld how goes it with the fire wood resupply. May you find time to take the boat out this coming week.

Have a good evening folks.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #12391 on: May 05, 2018, 05:48 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Breezy and 50* this am, high of 72 today. Best of luck to all the walleye fishermen/women with todays opener in NY! :thumbsup:

Steve...hope the antibiotcs do the trick for you with no sign of any side effects. Looking forward to today's game, thanks, will keep you posted!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...agree 100% about the kids starting off in sports. It's a great time watching them and seeing them progress over the course of the season.  :thumbsup:  Very lucky to have my grandchildren close to home, very thankful for that each and every day.
  Bud..hope the Walters were hungry yesterday! What's the water temp up to now?
  H2..seems like everything is a little behind schedule this year, even the walleyes. Best of luck today if you're fishing the opener!    :thumbsup:
  Marv...it sounds like everything I've read here about retiring is coming true for you also! You'll be too busy to go back to work!!   ;D.   Hope today's project goes well at your sisters. Is there still ice on the lakes yet?
  Jeff...enjoy the game today! Hope the truck was all ready to go for you yesterday, running boards are a big plus!  :thumbsup:

H2 mentioned there were a lot of frogs in the river at his home,  the peepers were singing up a storm last evening here as well.
   Got the word yesterday we'll be increasing our crew again with another 4 guys starting on Wednesday and possibly a few more the following week.
  Going to take advantage of this nice cool morning and get some yard work out of the way before the big game today!  ;D...cawfee's on gang!
Have a great day all, be safe, watch out for foul balls, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12392 on: May 05, 2018, 06:05 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Eddie didn't make it out after all, Water temp was mid 50's when I was last out, but will go check on the Walters today, need to go to the old store and pick up my last check as they didn't do a direct deposit.  Fired up the lawn mower yesterday, increased the bike ride to half hour/6 miles on the meter, getting the muscle soreness on the down hill slide, still having the carpal tunnel symptoms in right hand.

See temps in the north will be bringing out the open water fishers, welcome to the mosquito season.  Watch out for the ticks as well.  10 day forecast has lots of 70-80's means I better take advantage and get a lot of outside work done before starting the new job.

Take care all, stay safe and have a good day

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12393 on: May 05, 2018, 06:15 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

59 heading into the 70's with a shot at sprinkles later this evening.

Well Eddie so far I have never been busier :roflmao: I had a guy call about a tree job yesterday and I told him I wouldn't be able to get to it until late next week ???

The wife and I are washing windows in our gazebo today she is actually filling a bucket with water as I type. I will check in later.

Hope you all have an excellent Saturday work or play :thumbsup: Stay safe!

Good Morning Bud!!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12394 on: May 05, 2018, 06:26 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.......glad to hear the muscles are getting better  :flex:  good luck with the eyes  ;)  you're right on the money with mosquito/black fly/tick season  starting up :%$#!:

Eddie.....hope the newbies get the hang of things & mix in quickly, things tend to slow down when you have to take someone by the hand all day long  :wacko: 

MrC.....fingers crossed you remain side effect free  ;)  sometimes it seems the side effects of meds can be worse than whatever they're meant to help   :cookoo:

WS....good luck getting your sister's yard work caught up  :)  any chance there will be some "cherry cola" waiting at the end of the day  ??? :roflmao:

Looks like a nice day on tap after yesterday's rain & wind. Temps did a 20* nose dive when the cold front hit  :o  time to get the mowers ready, grass is already needing to be cut  ;D 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

See WS posted while I typed......morning sir  :)  when you're done with those windows I have some here that could use some cleaning  :woot:

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12395 on: May 05, 2018, 09:22 AM »
I was not in any mood to post yesterday. When I picked up my mail at the other place, I had a letter from the power company about the blind I have on their 100 easement on my hunting property telling me that I can not do any modifications or maintenance to the blind. It is 40 feet from the center of the easement. There is my signature on the letter. The agreement I signed is stored at the other house so I can not be sure what is in it but I know I did not sign what is in the letter. I was planning on moving the blind back but I will make sure the new one is inches off of the easement. I know my records with them are red flagged as I had to threaten to take them to court years ago for timber trespass when they cut a big red oak off of the easement and putting it down damaging timber off of the easement.

ww It sounds like the front that went through here a few days ago has made it to you. All of our windows were open when it hit. It did not take me long to get them closed. I did not want the furnace kicking on.

mr. c Hopefully you do not have any serious side effects from the meds. With most meds the chance of problems are pretty slim. I only had one that gave me trouble. After I read the posssible side effects from another I did not take it. When I got my records from the doctors office where the RX came from their were no records from that doctor that had perscribed the one I had a reaction to. I needed to now what it was so i did not take it again. I called and talked to his nurse. She said she would find them so I could pick them up the next day. The girls in the office would not even speak to me when I picked them up probably because they got chewed out by that nurse. I know that I did not get some records from their other office but they are not important.

Marv I wish I could remember the concoction the man I worked for at a dime store when I was in high school. We would go down just as the sun came up to clean the windows the day after Halloween to clean the soap and wax off of the windows. It really made them shinny squeaky clean.

My turkey season opens on Monday. I will not be able to go until Thursday because of three days of appointments between the wife and I. It is no big problem as I have until the end of May to shoot one. They have finally started to show up where I usually hunt.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12396 on: May 05, 2018, 09:49 AM »
Good morning everyone,  Happy Cinco d'ymo day. Hope everyone has a great day and didn't get to much on the derby.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12397 on: May 05, 2018, 01:24 PM »
The power came  back on about 20 minutes ago. It was out for 18 hours. Hope it stays on. They are reporting that some areas won't be restored until Sunday or Monday.
It was still pretty windy this morning but there were a few boats out early. Did see a woman boat a walleye out front this morning.

Have a good and safe weekend...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12398 on: May 05, 2018, 08:21 PM »
Good evening everyone nice day here reached the low eighties had a breeze in morning which kept things comfortable. The sudden arrival of higher temperatures has finally caused leaves to open on trees and more trees that have flowers to bloom. So far only mild problem with one side effect from antibiotic gives you the runs so increasing fiber in my diet.
My sister came up and we got attic cleaned out and then purchased some cheap indoor/outdoor carpeting at Lowes for living room floor. I also replace wireless doorbell.

Eddie hope your grandson played a good game and his team won today. May the additions to your crew get up to speed quickly assume some will be new hire apprentices who need to practice what they learned at trade school or union training center.
IFF good to read the soreness post work is disappearing just increase the length and time spent on bike rides slowly and you should be good.
Whopper Stopper hope you finished yard work at your sister's and her post surgery recovery is progressing without any problems. How does the gazebo look after cleaning ?
Wallyworld I have to do a little more picking up of branches brought down by March snow storms and then take mower to yard at house. Also need to give windows a cleaning the joys of home ownership. ::) :whistle:
Tom Turkey may you find a spot for your blind that is not in power company easement. May you get a shot at nice long bearded turkey this spring season. I know you have a different species the over here in the East.
Icefisher a good Cinco d'mayo celebrations.
Hunts2long saw warning about high winds in counties north of me and further upstate. Glad your power is restored. Good luck when ever you get out after the Walleyes.
Ice Wanderer hope just a busy schedule kept you from posting today and not any power outage or computer gremlins. Do you have your truck back . Also hope your granddaughter had a good game today.

A safe and good evening to all.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12399 on: May 06, 2018, 04:32 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  55* and a few sprinkles falling as I type, high of 58 with some off and on showers today.

Steve...had a really fun time watching the game yesterday. The weather was great, sunny with just enough breeze to keep the black flies away! I don't think they actually kept a score as far as a win or loss. With the 4-6 year olds, they limited them to one hour, they played 3 innings...I think everyone of the kids on both teams scored each inning!!   :clap: :roflmao: :thumbsup:
  H2...glad you got your power back on!  :thumbsup:    I heard on the news there was high wind warnings and possible chance of a tornado for some of the northern areas on Friday. Hope the damage if any around your home was minimal.
  Jeff...guessing you caught up in that nasty weather on Friday as well. Hope your power is restored by now and damages are minimal as well. Hope you had a great time at the ball game!  Looking forward to your post.... :thumbsup:
  Tom...almost sounds like the power company is trying to pull a fast one on you? Best wishes, hopefully the other paperwork you have states differently.  :thumbsup:
  Wally...did you get your lawn work caught up enough to fish tomorrow? Two of the new guys starting on Wednesday I know, they're both seasoned mechanics, so thats a big plus!!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...sure hoping you get a chance to R&R out in the boat one of these days!!  ;D.   Hope yesterday's project went well for you and Jo. What's on today's planner?
  Bud...good news with the bike riding, hope you can get the carpal tunnel issue under control soon.  :thumbsup:  How was the fishing yesterday?

Had enough free time left yesterday afternoon to get a few things planted in my garden finally. Was going to give the lawn it's first cutting, went to engage the PTO and the cable snapped, Doh!! Will pick up a new cable tomorrow and get that back in shape.
  Off to help a buddy do a block job this morning, understand its all ready to go and covered so the rain won't be a problem....we'll see!   ;D.   Cawfee's on...
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12400 on: May 06, 2018, 05:40 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                        It's 56* and cloudy here on my hill and my power is finally back. ::) ::)
                        Eddie......Yesterday turned out nice and was a good day to plant, I'm glad the game was fun! :woot:
                        Wally......I hope you got your yard work done so you can get back to fishing! :thumbsup:
                        Marv......I hope you get your boat out soon to get on some fish! :flex:
                        Bud........My carpal tunnel causes my hand to go to sleep quite often and my strength has diminished quite a lot, the same thing
               happened with my other hand. But after surgery the tingling disappeared and my strength returned in time.   :whistle:
                        Friday nights storm was a real dozy up here, before my power went out I registered a wind gust as high as 49.8 mph then a few more
               gusts later the power went out. As I laid in bed the wind was even louder than before so who knows what it went up to. A lot of trees down. One
               place a tree went through a garage. MW also lost power and probably is still off. :%$#!:
                        I too got to go to my granddaughters "T" ball game, the kids all got up to bat and and all scored at one point. Like Eddie said no score was kept
               and everyone played. It was fun to watch. I have to hand it to the coaches for being so patient with the kids. I'm happy they are doing a good job
               to get all the kids involved and have fun. The Competitive time will come when they get older, this is a time for the kids to learn the game and
               have fun. :clap: :thumbsup:
                       I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out doing!

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12401 on: May 06, 2018, 06:38 AM »
Good morning Eddie,IW and fellow 9:45ers. Lite rain here currently should help all the emerging foliage. I'm not sure if my sister and BIL are coming back up today to do more work at house. My sister maybe wore out for helping me yesterday and the walking in a "Relay  for Life" event last night.
Eddie hope your buddy has everything ready and rainfall stays lite so you can complete block job. Nice that your grandchildren live close by and you can have an active role in their life.
Ice Wanderer glad your power is back, if Mealworm's is still out may it be restored by days end. Thankfully the tree only destroyed someone's garage and not a house. Agree with your thoughts let children learn the game and develop their skill before start competitive games and worrying and wins and losses.
I see a few other 9:45ers logged in so some body may beat me posting.
A safe and good Sunday for everybody. Best to all fishing today.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12402 on: May 06, 2018, 06:46 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

mr.clean you had asked about my sisters recent surgery. She is doing very well and actually is just about back to full range of motion. She still has one month of therapy and is expected to be 100% by the time shes through. One problem that has come up however is now realizing how bad her "one time" good knee is. She said she is pretty sure another surgery will be within a year.

Eddie the gazebo cleaning went well. We had it all done by noon and spent the afternoon sitting by the fire pit.
We are actually heading up to my Sisters in a little while to hammer on her trees. When I get home I may see what care the old wood boat may need.

IW we just lost all the ice 4 days ago around home and there is still some by the shack. I will get the boat in the water but it appears not for a week or so.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Above all else stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12403 on: May 06, 2018, 08:34 AM »
Morning all,

IW/H2L.......glad your power is back on  :thumbsup:  there were heavy downpours & strong winds here also but ended up with very little damage thankfully  :)

MrC....sounds like your sister had a busy day  :flex:  she may need a day of rest before another week begins  ;)

TT......best wishes for all your appointments this week  :)  good luck Thursday on the taking of a long beard   :flex:

WS.....glad to hear your sister is recovering nicely  :clap:  I think it's pretty common to discover that both knees were bad after having the first one fixed  ;)  sounds like you had a nice relaxing afternoon yesterday, we all need those once in awhile  :thumbsup:

Eddie.....good luck with today's job, hope it all goes smoothly  ;D  not looking to plant anything in the garden for a couple weeks yet around here, just don't trust Mother Nature too much  :nono:  especially this year   :whistle: :woot:

Getting ready to head outside & fire up the Ferris, hoping I can beat the rain  ::)  Hitting the water somewhere tomorrow, just not sure where yet  :unsure:   so many fish, so little time  :roflmao:

Have a good day whatever's on the agenda. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12404 on: May 06, 2018, 10:18 AM »
My earlier post must have went into the "cloud".
Mid 50's this morning. Not a lot of boats on the lake yesterday. I will wait until mid-week to get the boat wet.
There are still many without power. May not be on for some in the area until Tuesday. Saw 15/20 National Grid trunks go by the house this morning, heading North.
Have a nice Sunday...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12405 on: May 06, 2018, 11:01 AM »
My earlier post must have went into the "cloud".
Mid 50's this morning. Not a lot of boats on the lake yesterday. I will wait until mid-week to get the boat wet.
There are still many without power. May not be on for some in the area until Tuesday. Saw 15/20 National Grid trunks go by the house this morning, heading North.
Have a nice Sunday...h2l
              H2L..... I just came back from Warrensburg and there were 37 assorted truck from different companies ! ::)

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12406 on: May 06, 2018, 03:00 PM »
Just checking to see who may have posted since I was logged in this morning.
Wallyworld my Sister and Bil did come up today living room now has indoor/outdoor carpet on floor. I assume the Ferris is your lawn tractor.
Whopper Stopper happy to read your sister is doing well with her recovery. May you get her trees taken care of today.
Hunts2long sorry to hear some folks are still without electric power in your area.
Ice Wanderer greater lake George area must have been hit hard by the high winds on Friday. Assume part of the problem restoring power is clearing out all the downed trees and branches blocking roadways before repairing power supply system. That was the major problem back in March when some people in parts of Sullivan county were without power for close to a week.
A pleasant and safe evening to everyone.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12407 on: May 07, 2018, 12:48 AM »
Good Well almost end of day.

Jeff, I'm still trying to let mine heal itself.  The new activities at the fitness place must be what has caused my flareup.

Sneaked out this morning, and with with bottom bouncers and crawlers on slow death hooks.  Lake is on fire, has to be because even by myself managed 22 eyes to the boat, and missed at least that many in strikes and get offs.  Ended up with 4 keeper sized, but only brought 2 home with me.  Nearly on the uncomfortable side with air temp up in the mid 80's

May be making a run to Kansas so the misses can visit with her older sister, that in battling some cancer.  Have to be back the evening of the 20th.  Knowing she doesn't want the motel expense for an extended as her sister only has a one bedroom apartment.  Nothing set in stone yet, it may get put off till after Mothers day.

See you all in the wee hours of the morning

Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12408 on: May 07, 2018, 04:23 AM »

Good morning Bud, ER's,
                       It's 45* here on my hill with a high only around 61*, it must be somewhat nice the weather cat is out on the prowl! :woot:
                       Bud.......Nice looking eyes, :clap: you sure had a banner day, with the lake on fire I hope nothing got burned lol :roflmao:
                       Steve......The crews that get to an area that has a tree on the line, they cut just enough of the tree to get the line back on the pole, then
               if it's in the road they cut enough to get traffic through then go to the next spot. The town crews come later to finish to get the rest of the hazard
               cleared out. ::)
                       Narv........May your sister continue on the road to to recovery. :flex: Your a good brother to help her with her trees! :thumbsup: :clap:
                       I guess everyone here has their power back, MW got his back around 3 pm and my #3 son got his back around noon. The crews do a good
               job here. :flex: :clap: :thumbsup:
                       Not much going on today a little outside work and that's about it.
                       I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or at play.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12409 on: May 07, 2018, 05:11 AM »
Morning all,

Heading out in search of some eyes like IFF's  :woot:  We'll see what happens  ;)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12410 on: May 07, 2018, 05:19 AM »
Good Morning Bud, IW! Good Morning Everyone! :bow:

Bud, nice looking Walters :thumbsup:

IW enjoy your day outside :thumbsup:

55 heading into the 80's by the afternoon. Big turn in temps by next weekend our "Fishing Opener" with rain in the forecast.

I am going to start on redoing a mulched area along the road today. It's been a couple of years since it's been touched so it will take some work to get ie in shape.

One of my bigger projects coming up is going to be a rocked area that needs to be redone along part of the house. The rock is about 1"-2" in size. The plan is to remove it, sift the dirt out,then wash the rock, replace fabric, and put the rock back. Anyone have any tips for getting the rocks washed? I do have pressure washer so I am planning on getting it involved. It has held up for the last 15 years but over time dust and dirt has allowed grass to grow on top of the fabric causing an eye sore.

Hope everyone has a good day no matter what's on the agenda :thumbsup: Above all else stay safe!

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12411 on: May 07, 2018, 06:10 AM »
52 here this morning.
A good day on the water IFF.
WW, here's wishing you the same kind of day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12412 on: May 07, 2018, 07:09 AM »
Good Morning ER's 54* heading to 80,

Good luck WW, hope you find some hungry ones.

Marv how big an area is this ?  Enough to warrant renting a bobcat to scrap it all off?  and start over.  Now seeings how you have more time than money, rake the rock out, flat shovel the rock into a portable cement mixer to wash the rock, I tried washing some in a screened box, and didn't work out so good.  I'd be tempted to spray the area with roundup, put on new material, cover with more rock and be done with it.

My project this morning is to try and get my 4 cycle weed eater to fire up.  Went to start it as usual it sputtered then acted like it had no spark.  If not having to work on it, think I would be on the lake now.

Got to get moving feeling a little stiff, good day all.
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12413 on: May 07, 2018, 07:45 AM »
I will try to post again this morning. I think the one I had typed yesterday got lost due to operator error.

I got a letter from the power company the other day concerning the tower blind I have on their easement basically telling me I can not maintain it. The funny part it shows that I had signed the letter which I did not as I only signed the full document when they made changes to the original easement. They had to copy and paste my signature to what they sent which is a forgery. I have not contacted them yet about it but I will after I check the document that is stored at my other place.

Headed over to start hunting turkey on Wednesday after I see my eye doctor. I have my rain gear packed as there is rain guessed for the rest of the week. Hopefully they are wrong with there guessing again. My son thought he had his pest control work scheduled so he could hunt a couple hours every day before work but that went bye bye. Must be the warmer weather brought the bugs out in a vengeance. We have eastern strain turkeys here. You have to get to the Dakotas and Wyoming before you find Merriam's

WS Putting the rocks on a screen of heavy hardware cloth would help get the dirt out. I have an idea of how to wash them but I do not think your wife would like it. How about a wash tub and a scrub brush for her to do it. (Where is the hiding under a chair emoji that is on another sight)

Luckily those high winds did not cause any major outages around us. Ours just blinked once, just enough to screw up the clocks.

Off in a while for the wife to get a test done to hopefully find out what is going on with her thyroid. luckily we have an alternate route to get to town as the expressway situation is nasty. They shut down another 6 mile section for a total rebuild. It is down to only one side with two lanes going on way and one the other. Apparently they have a machine to move the concrete barriers so they can change it from two lanes in to the city in the morning and change it to two lanes out in the after noon. They did not have that option last year when they di a section north of this one so it was terrible.

IFF It is good to here you got into some good fishing. I have not even thought about getting my toon uncovered yet.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12414 on: May 07, 2018, 09:55 AM »
Good morning everyone, I hope everyone had a good weekend. Looks like its going to be a nice day. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12415 on: May 07, 2018, 01:48 PM »
Good day everyone ,sunny skies and light winds outside currently sudden change from Winter/Fall temperature to more Summer like conditions has caused trees to finally have their new foliage. Seems like we went from no leaves to full foliage overnight. Have a couple chores to do then will try and get more sleep still having trouble being on call for jury duty this week does not help sure I will have to go to some court one day this week.
IFF congratulations on a great day of fishing trips like that are few and far between may you find similar conditions on next trip.
Ice Wanderer glad there is a good system for dealing with restoring of electric power in your area.
Wallyworld hope you had a great fishing trip.
Whopper Stopper all the best with the yard work home improvements.
Tom Turkey hope your not headed into an expensive legal battle with the power company over your hunting blind. Thank you for answering my question about species of turkeys in your area. May test help find a cause to your wife's thyroid problem and give doctors a clue as to course of treatment.
Icefisher-45 how are you feeling back at work yet or at least able to get out and enjoy the warmer weather.

A good and safe remainder of this day to all. Hope those who went fishing had a good day.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12416 on: May 07, 2018, 06:52 PM »
Good Evening Everyone :bow:

Tomorrow morning I have a few different directions to head so I thought I best check in tonight.

Thanks for the tips for the rock washing. I figured I would need to make some sort of a screen to sift the dirt and twigs from the rocks before washing. Eddie shared a tip from his work utilizing steel lath, framed up with 2"x4"s to get the rocks separated. I am heading to Home Depot when they open and buy what I need to to build it. The first order of business is a stub that I am going to knock down and 16". Then I have a small job to check out before heading to my s-i-l's to pick up my pressure washer.

The moles aren't cooperating very well. For whatever reason there hasn't been any activity in the areas I have been concentrating on. This afternoon I finally noticed a new run so I moved a trap and will be checking it at first light.

Today's landscaping went well. I had to rake all the old mulch out and put new fabric down. Then I went to one of my tree customers and bought a couple yards of new chips. It sure made a difference and brightened up the ditch.

Before

After

Hope you all have a good evening and excellent Tuesday :thumbsup:. Stay safe!

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12417 on: May 07, 2018, 07:30 PM »
Good evening posting now as I have to be at Jury duty tomorrow morning. There must be a few cases coming up for trail around 250 people called to report .
Whopper Stopper very nice work is that red cedar mulch definitely does brighten up that section of your property. Glad Eddie was able to help you with idea for washing rocks.

I also hope everyone has a good evening and Tuesday. best to all fishing tomorrow.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12418 on: May 08, 2018, 03:31 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 42* this am, high of 69 today. Had another visit from the gremlin yesterday morning....

Steve...good luck with the jury duty today, it's been quite awhile now since I've heard from them. Hope things are going well with the house and getting it listed!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...wow, what an improvement with the new mulch, that looks terrific!  :clap:  Best of luck with the estimate this morning and your stone project, hope the sift works well for you!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...Congratulations on a banner day with the walleyes, well done!!  :clap: :bow:  Saw a post over on MFF from FlietAndRelease, looks like a a new record walleye for NY was caught...32" long  18lbs. 2oz.! 
  I-45...hope everything is going well for you Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...best of luck with the turkey hunting tomorrow! Will be interesting to see if your document matches up to the one the power company sent. Best wishes with Dr. app's.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...glad to read MW and your other son got the power back, heard on the radio yesterday morning there were still a lot of people without power yet. Hope your arm is feeling a little better...any fishing plans coming up?
  Wally...hope the walleyes cooperated yesterday for you and Mr.WW....looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:

Today some of the crew will be back over to the Capitol Building to continue where we left off on the sidewalks again. Lots of work over there this season, believe 4 new workers will be starting tomorrow as well.
  Forgot to mention, my son Mike got a turkey Saturday morning before the T-ball game...not a monster, but it had a 9" beard and 3/4" spurs.
  Well, time to get ready for 8 more and some nice Spring weather....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12419 on: May 08, 2018, 04:25 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                            It's 41* and clear sky here on my hill, I had to bump up the heat this morning, my wife had the doors open yesterday and it was a little
                  chilly in here.
                            Eddie.......No fishing plans as of yet, I have a "Honey Do list" to do before my surgery on June 6th :blink:. Congrats to Mike for getting a turkey! :thumbsup:
                            Steve.......Good luck at jury duty, they always call more than needed so when the lawyers comb through the potential jurors they will have enough! ::)
                            Marv........Nice job on the mulch, that spruces up the ditch. Good luck with the rock cleaning. :thumbsup:
                            Tom.........May you get a nice turkey. :flex:
                            Wally........I hope to see some pictures from yesterdays fishing trip! :thumbsup:
                            Another session at the VA this morning and then by the time I get home my #2 sons kids will be here, we have them every Tuesday from 11 am
                  till their mother picks them up. ;D
                            I hope everyone has a Good Tuesday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.