New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: New York gathering ?  (Read 16698 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
New York gathering ?
« on: Oct 10, 2008, 03:33 PM »
Greetings I last posted on this subject on Sept.25 under the title Mint Mr. Creosote and no one has responded since that date. So I'm starting this thread if ANYONE is interested in a mass gathering of NY> Ice Shanty members please respond.This gathering could be a ice fishing trip or post season banquet ( LIKE Maine forum members) . When responding please mention a lake or lakes for icefishing trip or location for banquet. AS lakes can have the same name please also give location (county-town).
 I'm in the process of planing a winter icefishing trip so please do not wait to long to respond, if you are like me you need time to make lodging reservations and put in for time off  from work.
  Looking forward to your replies.
 Steve

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
Re: New York gahtering ?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2008, 09:09 PM »
Oneida lake would be in the middle of the state for the most part.  I have never fished Oneida and would love to.  It would make it even better to fish it and meet some new people from this site. 

Offline nyiceman23

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • WALKING ON WATER
« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2008, 09:57 PM »
Oneida or Sandy Pond would be sweet for me.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2008, 12:10 PM »
Gambell, NYiceman,
    Thanks for the quick respone I have heard of Oneida will have to see how long of a drive it is from my location in southeast NY. A couple things to keep in mind is amount of parking space ,public access sites ,lodging (Efficiencies- kitchenettes available -to clean our respective catches) and lake size . I and others do not own ATV or snowmobile , so it is fish near access site or be prepared to do a lot of walking (equipment- tackle hauling ). One more thing bait shops in the area.
   We have  made a start so fellow members if interested please respond.

Steve

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2008, 09:37 PM »
I would be interested in a NY gathering! Oneida has my vote, I have never fished Oneida and would love to also...
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2008, 10:09 AM »
i'm in. we had thought about a gathering late last season. i don't have a machine either, so the location needs to be accessable to foot traffic.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #6 on: Oct 12, 2008, 04:25 PM »
To all who have replied so far we are looking at one large body of water. (22 miles long 5 miles across at widest point ) I will have to research what state access points exist or lodging that has lake access. Also will check the bait shop list once I see what towns- villages are near Oneida Lake .
   I have a couple questions for those who've responded 1. Does it have to be Oneida lake (true it is located around the center of the state) 2. What date is best for the majority of us ? ( presidents weekend would work best for me . SAT FEB.14-Mon. Feb. 16 )
   Pooley you and I are looking at a four hour plus ride to reach the eastern shore of Oneida Lake.

Steve

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 12, 2008, 07:52 PM »
well, the king is also good. i think we have more guy's willing on the east side, plus more new englanders will show. we also have a bunch of penn. guys, so they would like oneida, or something. i think lake george is good, but oneida works too.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline tracker 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 12, 2008, 08:42 PM »
Last year we had a derby on Feb 23. I will try and find some past info and post it. Here is some info.

How about north shore, constantia, it's near a lot of stores and restaurants, and plenty    access/parking, and best structure within 1/2 to 3 miles from launch point. If we get over 50   guys, we could all hit the local pub after to give everyone their goodies as well. Any other suggestions please list them, no cash involved please.
   Food?  Drinks? What do you think?

Here is a link to the one held here last year.You can go through the postings, I am sure it will help if you plan on coming to Oneida.

Re: NY "Oneida Lake" get together February 23, 2008

Offline tracker 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 12, 2008, 09:15 PM »
Here is some more info:

perch pickin good time

Re: NY "Oneida Lake" get together
« Reply #62 on: Dec 19, 2007, 12:07 AM » Reply with quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: cnypanfisher on Dec 13, 2007, 01:08 PM
This thread will be updated at least every day 1 time, my message box will be emptied daily if anyone needs anything as well. Please post suggestions and or ideas to make this a great day.

Just wanted to see how many could make it to a Oneida lake get together + see how many are interested.
There are good benefits here, we have a bait shop, 3 diners, a good bar, pizza shop that delivers to access point, plenty of parking for the most part. Close lodging nearby if anyone wants to make a weekend of it. 'll get a pot of venison stew/bread to start a potluck lunch for everyone.

Also if you like we could have a contest for biggest perch or something, everybody donate a prize (up to $10 in value/no cash/ ex.- beer, pole, line, jigs, whatever). Winner takes all for biggest perch/walleye. If we get a load of folks like 10+ we can spread the goodies around. Maybe some goodies 4 the kids as suggested.

Also somebody made a suggestion that we pass the hat for the West Monroe fire department, they are the only department in our area with an airboat for ice rescue. They are the ones that got that guys body out of Sodus bay last year, I'm sure they would appreciate it. I am also sure anyone who has been "rescued" off Oneida in the last couple years can attest this is an invaluable service. I would prefer checks or money orders made out to The West Monroe fire Department over having a ton of cash on me, maybe we should appoint someone to take the donations from the mod team. Chennbasshead is planning to come, maybe we can put him to work on that for the day.

Interested so far:

cnypanfisher + 2
ron_theobald
flags a flyin
icehole12      + 2
usmc130fe  + timmy,dark cloud and rest of that gang
tracker1
zaphod 4
otis
ugp685 + 2 ?
iceking
scottcny
perchman19 +1
spikehorn11
pikehunter23
gambell
jighead
vivlamored
redneck3763
perch&pans
XXI outdoors
augustwest
elcapitanmas
ominousone
iceballs--- Long Island crew?? That would be gr8, if you guys want to fish day before or after i'm game
bigdaddy13063
mcully
crayfishbob- + I say let Eddie fish, get the wife to watch the store. After I get my minnows. :-)
csavage1
robb
upstateicemaster
johnny walleye
iceguy
tracker 1
chennbasshead
snowman3406
eddie rod
shuba
pwr bait
fishin first
rayfish
scout57
crappiekiller75
pond pro
synergyboy10
jhirsch
kingfisher1
wert
crappieslayer22
roverowner
snaggerr
bucketass
gettinjiggy

Thats like 50+ ( before guests) already after 7 days with this thread, even if only half show that would be a great showing.

Looking at the end of January, no firm plans till the ice is in really good shape for machines and whatnot. That way we can get people out to fish, and not go on sketchy or real slushy ice. I think it should be on a Saturday or Sunday, any suggestions would be great. Also if people are making a long haul and want to fish the day before and after, i'm sure people will be around to fish with.

Reading some post people are suggesting south shore and north shore (constantia) for the get together.

Here are my thoughts On Constantia.

Parking- The point of access is at the break wall by the library, there is enough room on this road to accommodate at least 25 vehicles. We also may be able to use the library lot as it is closed for the winter(maybe 10 vehicles w trailers). There is also parking across the road that can handle about 10 vehicles with trailers that is owned by Lance Vella and i'm sure we could park vehicles there. Also we could contact the Consatntia fire dept. as their back parking lot is usually plowed, or Vella's store is a possibility as well. Also at the Cove restaurant we could put about 8-10 vehicles as I can talk to Mike the owner there as well(maybe get breakfast there for your crew would be a ++). We could maybe arrange that people with quads or sleds use the parking lots not right by the lake, but easily within 400 yards from any of these spots(ie> the store, fire department lot, or across the street). We will have the normal 10-20 cars that are going to be guys that are just fishing as well, not part of the IS crew.

Also if you want to go from william's park + you have a vehicle, you could just meet on the ice or afterwards at the bar. But you would have to donate your prizes before you started fishing to get into the prize pool. Maybe catch me the day before or on the ice that day.

There are also 3 restaurants in the area for breakfast and lunch if anyone is interested. Then descend on the local bar, the place will be pre-warned to 100 guys showing up at least. This would be a great spot to do the collection for the West Monroe fire department as well as giving away the goodies for the biggest perch + walleye.

I will definitely need some help from some of you for coordination for this event, it looks like a great showing already. If everyone brings 1 or 2 with them it will be a huge shindig for sure. 

cnypanfisher

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10 on: Oct 13, 2008, 07:36 PM »
Good evening I just spent the last Few hours reading through the thread Tracker 1 mentioned , they had a hundred people interrested only twelve showed up to fish.
    One problem they had which will be true with any large lake is the length of time it takes for safe ice to cover the majority of the lakes surface . This would hold true with Lake George (the king ) also . It appears Oneida Lake is popular with snowmobiles (races, etc. ) ,this may present problems finding parking not to mention having to mark your tipups -holes for safety .
   This thread has had a 180 views so far ,but only seven replies not counting mine . I would like to have a location and date set by mid November (15) if possible. This hopefully will give those of us traveling time to find lodging and request time off from work. I will try to check this thread daily if anyone lives near Oneida feel free to (pm) me with info. on lodging- lake access -bait shops-etc.
    For those who will be traveling a distance I have found two websites that may be of use to you.

www.oneidalake.com   (map outline of lake)

www.oneidacountycub.co m/index.asp

Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11 on: Oct 14, 2008, 03:57 PM »
Just to update what has been already posted I did some more web surfing on the Oneida lake site it appears there are five parks around the lake (one is a state park Verona Beach on the eastern shore ) so we should have lake access and parking .
  I sent Tracker 1 a pm this morning to get information, he replied that Oneida generally has safe ice from mid January to St.Pat's day . He is also attempting to contact Cny panfisher (he organized a gathering on Oneida last February 23 ) so we can pick his brain for ideas and information.
  Also sent a pm to NY., moderator Chen Bass Head he supposedly helped Cny panfisher last year still waiting for a reply.
    One question for all of you if we go with presidents weekend should we aim for Saturday Feb.14 as the gathering date and use Sun.Feb.15 as a snow date. This is my first time trying to organize some thing of this type so please feel free to suggest things. If I get more replies to this thread I will see how to post a poll if more the the two lakes already mentioned or another date is suggested.

Steve

FISHFORPIKE

Re: New York gathering ?
« Reply #12 on: Oct 14, 2008, 06:19 PM »
Depending on the day of the week, I am interested.  Sundays are best for me and my fishing buddy.
Never been on Onieda Lake before and would think that doing it while it's "hard" would be the best time.
I am only about 2 hours away from Constantia.  Been there several times picking up walleye fry for our rearing pond and stocking of Black Lake.

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 15, 2008, 05:53 AM »
Hey guys, great to see interest in a second get-together. If parking is the biggest issue, we had no problems last year :). There is pretty good parking here on Oneida, and there are many access points. The problem was for the most part , people wanted to fish their "end" of the lake. If you plan for Oneida, middle to late February is good, there is enough ice usually for machines and whatnot. Good walking access as well, but to some it may be a long walk. Maybe make arrangements for the walkers to hitch rides that day, if everyone makes 2 trips, we shouldn't have too many problems.

Sandy pond is a great spot too, with lots of perch action, and last year there was a bunch of pig walleyes taken there. I don't know how the walleyes will be after they killed a bunch, with that bad dose of lampricide that our Canadian friends brought us last spring. Sandy is excellent for walkers as well, and the food at The Wigwam is gadam great. He also takes your parking fee off your bill, it's a great deal. I think Sandy Pond has an ice boat, so if we get some change together, they would really appreciate your donation if any come.

cnypanfisher

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14 on: Oct 15, 2008, 11:39 AM »
Greetings,
 I am slowly making progress on plans for the gathering , as you can see Cnypanfisher has posted a reply, i sent him a pm asking for his help and I am now waiting for his reply.
   Tracker 1 sent me two pm's this morning listing lodging locations and one place to purchase bait. (fat heads -type of minnow-shinner ) I will list them below.
 1. Kirch's Three Pines marina - Ryan Kirch  manager 
 p.o. box 353
 2054 Lake shore drive north
North Bay,NY. 13123    website Oneidalake.comthreepin esmarina.com

2.Sunset Cottages -Sylvan Beach,NY.  1-315-762-4093 (lake front property on east end of Oneida )

3. Wander Inn     (I am assuming area code is 315   )   623-9774

4. ABC cottages - One room rented out in main house in the winter   1-315-675-3662     Also sell previously mentioned bait- fatheads

I forgot to mention three pines has three cottages that accommodate at least eight people (bunk beds in bed rooms ) may be good if coming with a group of people

Access points -parks

1. Oneida shores Brewerton,NY west end of lake  hours sunrise-sunset  mid Oct.- March
2.Joseph F. Williams  Cicero,NY. south shore  hours  half hour before sunrise- half hour after sunset     Onondaga county parks  1-315-415- 7275 ( park-rec. office )    website www.onondagacountypark s.com       Cicero,NY. parks-rec. 1-315-699-5233
3. Chapman park  route 31 between Bridgeport-Lakeport ,NY> southshore hours 9am-sunset  Town of Sullivan parks-rec.  1-315-686-3471   web.www.sullivanweb.co m  click on parks-recreation
4.Verona state park  !-315-762-4463  (east shore)   exit 34 NYS.thruway-route 13 north to park entrance
5. Taft bay park (north shore) 851 route 49  Bernhard's bay,NY.  !-315-675-3381

One last spot  Goodfrey Point   sorry i do not know location-etc.

sorry this is so long hope it helps out,  any other suggestions (lakes -dates) please post.

Steve

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Oct 15, 2008, 01:10 PM »
ABC cottages only has 1 heated unit in the winter, so it won't last long if anyone wants it when things firm up. They do not have any bait in the winter at ABC cottages, I just bought the last 100 fatheads he will have until springtime.  ;D ;D

There will also be bait on north shore at Not Just Bait in Constantia, Eddie took great care of us last year, and he donated 1/2 the prizes.

Rooms are very limited at Wander inn as well, first come first served I guess.

I also think that the moderators here should give us a permanent link a the the top of the ny general page again this year, that helped visibility a lot. Maybe give somebody in charge of it 1 public thread, and a locked thread for updates that are not full of posts. RGFIXIT was very helpful with this last year, very great guy for helping out.

Maybe do a page with Dates/snow date for following day in case of bad weather, parking areas, meeting place, ideas that come up from members and whatnot.

Then a page with places to stay, things of that nature.

Maybe if we start early we will get 25 this year!!!!!!!!!!!!

cnypanfisher

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Oct 15, 2008, 01:50 PM »
I'd be interested in the gathering. Sounds like a real good time. Oneida has my vote even though I have never iced fished it.
It'll eat.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17 on: Oct 15, 2008, 01:56 PM »
Cny panfisher,
  thanks for the update-info. I was going by info. given to me by Tracker 1 in a pm (check your message box ) . Is it possible for you to tell me and others the counties Oneida lake is in then we could look for county websites for info. on the area or even a list of towns- villages around the lake . Also Tracker 1 mentioned Goodfrey Point as an access spot where abouts is it and how is the parking (plowed lot room for trucks -trailers with ATVs -snowmobiles .
     Also for all who have expressed interest I posted an announcement about the gathering on My Fish Finder.com in the NY. forum.

Steve

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #18 on: Oct 15, 2008, 03:05 PM »
looks good so far mr.clean. i'm not on the computer much lately, or i would help.

Offline Leon L

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Oct 15, 2008, 08:11 PM »
i'd be interested. usually fish keuka but would give onieda a shot, never cought a walleye. i could bring sled and atv, would only be me so someone else would have to help haul with the other. sunday would be better for me, but could make saturday if needed.
 leon

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Oct 16, 2008, 07:25 AM »
Last year we tried for the middle of the month, but we had to push it towards the end of the month due to poor ice conditions. Ice conditions can best be found on these boards as well, so any date would be tentative at best.

Counties surrounding Oneida lake are, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, and Oswego. Owsego county has a tourism site oswegocounty.com, it has fishing conditions there. I find the ice conditions and reports 100% better on this site, especially after you meet other people for private messaging.

Also if we fish Oneida it is probably best to keep the fish categories down to just walleye and perch, there are not a lot of northern fisherman, and you get mostly pickerals for the most part.

If we fish Sandy pond, Northern, walleye, and perch are all there. It might be hard to judge the largest perch, as they only get to 12 " or so, and we might need a micrometer to measure largest one.

cny 

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #21 on: Oct 16, 2008, 04:46 PM »
we have some time to firm up where. last year, i had suggested 2 or more gatherings, rather than one. my idea was we would get better turnouts closer to home. that can also be done anyway, and we can tell more people about the statewide gathering.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #22 on: Oct 16, 2008, 05:01 PM »
Leon L. thanks for your interest and vehicle offer, Pooley I appreciate the words of encouragement could you pm Jimmy Claude since your friends he is the one who inspired this idea for the gathering . I am assuming he is out pursuing Bambi and relatives , he is usually a regular poster .
  Let me explain my thinking I picked Presidents weekend because it's a national holiday (three day weekend ) so more members should be able to the gathering .I propose the following format below for the gathering.
     1. Feb.14 day of ice fishing on Oneida or other lake / meet after fishing at agreed upon bar/grill to socialize and distribute prizes.
      2 .Feb 15  snow date if weather is to nasty to fish or get to lake on Feb.14 also members making a weekend out of the gather could meet up and fishtogether a second day if weather allows us to fish on Feb.14
      3. Feb. 16 leave for our respective homes- if you live close enough to the chosen lake maybe you could fish a few hours in the morning.

This is my idea for the prizes 1 .bigest overall fish by length/weight if tie 2. bigest walleye , yellow perch  or what ever species of fish is predominant in chosen lake.3. if there are a lot of children coming also youth prizes (12 under sound good ?)

We follow Cnypanfishers suggestion Every member who wants in on prizes must bring a prize ($10-$15/dollar value) $5 dollar value for kids. your entry must be measured/weighted at predetermined location by set time . Also ask if you will please make donation to local fire /emergency service ($5-10 )dollars check or money order made out to service ,I do not want to be responsible or carrying a lot of cash.
         If this sound good or changes should be made post a reply or pm me.

Mr.Clean  Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23 on: Oct 18, 2008, 05:29 PM »
Good afternoon, Pooley for all we know your suggestion of two or more regional gatherings might happen ,it appears though that most areas of NY. state do not have safe ice until mid.-late January. (depending on lake size -depth, elevation ,etc.) Anyone who works in a profession which requires weekend hours is propably limited in time they can take off from their job. (I'm a custodian for Shop Rite supermarkets ) But we shall see what happens mainly I just would like to see a gathering ,during ice fishing season or maybe a banquet ,picnic or other type of social event.
    Bart posted an announcement with hyperlink about my trying to organize a gathering on MyHuntingForum.com (sister site) . He is known as Monk over there it has had fifty views to date. Also I posted a similar notice on MyFishFinder.com over a hundred views so far word of this possible event is getting out so we will see what interest it generates. I realize many members are hunters and that is where their focus is right now.
      Below is a list of bait shops in the Oneida lake area taken from the baitshop list (new York news and info. on NY.forum main page )
      1. Mickey's Bait-Tackle
          715 south bay
          North Syracuse        315-458-7998

2.  Gander Mountain
           5864 Carmencia road
            Cicero     near intrastate 81       315-698-1100

3,. Not just Bait    near state (?) hatchery
             Constantia

4. South Shore Sportsmen shop
          Lakeport                           315-633-0630

The following are towns -villages in the Oneida lake area may help you in search for lodging if you need it.
       Central Square- north of western end of lake by int.81
        Brewerton -west end of lake by int.81
        Cicero -south of west of lake by int.81

South shore of lake going west to east
    Bridgeport
    Lakeport
    Messenger Bay
    South Bay
  East shore of lake
    Oneida Valley
    Verona Beach
    Slyvan Beach
    North shore of lake
    North Bay
    Jewell
    Bernhard's Bay
    Constantia
    New Mexico                                                           Steve

Offline d.e.a.f.g.u.y

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Oct 18, 2008, 08:21 PM »
hey everyone this is walleyeguy from mff and mhf someone took the name already so picked this one seeing how i wear hearings aids.....the verona beach state park ofers plenty of parking and access points for getting out on the lake i think thats where just about everyone goes to get onto the ice up at sylvan beach that would be my vote

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Oct 19, 2008, 09:06 AM »
The bait shop in Cleveland has bait usually in the prime time of ice fishing as well, located right near the state docks. If people fish Godfrey point, they should have wheels unless they are very strong walkers, the first bar is about 1 mile out. Parking in Bernhards bay is good at Taft Bay park, lots of room for vehicles. Constantia is OK for walkers, but the better spots are about 1 mile out, walleyes are very good in February, the perch really don't pick up till later, I mean you get some, but not schooled up very good yet. It seems shallow spot near weed beds do well, William's park(south shore) good access for perch early ice.

I am for smaller gatherings as well, Sandy Pond would be a great spot for one,lots of people from that area forum here as well. Perch, panfish, and northern fishing is all great here, walleye was good last year, but this year might be different. Since they opened up the channel to the lake, fishing here has improved dramatically.

cnypanfisher 

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #26 on: Oct 19, 2008, 05:08 PM »
Good day fellow New Yorkers,
  I have sent personal messages to the following members who responded to the thread Mint? Mr.Creosote ( Jimmy Claude,Troutguy1377,Bucketbass,Oletimer and yo1157).
   So far including myself there are twelve members interested in a gathering of some sort or other.The lakes and idea listed below have been proposed
    1.state wide mass gathering at Oneida lake
     2. state wide mass gathering at sandy pond
    3. state wide mass gathering at lake George
    4. smaller(regional gatherings) suggested by Pooley and Cnypanfisher
   The regional gathering may work better less distance and driving time ,not to mention dealing with winter weather. If we go this route maybe we could have a mass banquet or picnic in the late spring. when driving conditions should be better.
    I posted previously that I would like to have a location and date set by Nov.15,thinking we should wait to Dec.1 . After that date if multiple lakes or times for event are proposed I will see how to post a poll ,to determine lake and date.
    I am going to call my friend latter today and tell him about this please feel free to do the same, he is not an I.S. member (anyone have a problem with that? ) . This is one way we can increase membership. Also going to pick a date and make reservations for the Adirondack trip mentioned in opening post of this thread, I want to have a back up plan in case a gathering of some type does not occur. I can always cancel the reservation if I know the gathering is good to go as they say.
     I closing this post an noncements of the planed gather are on both the NY. forums of My fishfinder (MFF) and My hunting Forum (MHF) about 170 views between those two sites.

Steve

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Oct 20, 2008, 01:46 PM »
I'd like to come, but transportation from college might be tough for me. I go to school only about an hour away, but my schedule is busy. Hopefully!

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Oct 20, 2008, 03:13 PM »
I'd be interested in coming,always looking for a new place to ice fish. I'll hook up with Pooley and come up.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #29 on: Oct 22, 2008, 03:04 PM »
Good afternoon just to update since my last post I received a pm from Jimmy Claude asking to be kept informed about this event also Yo1157 has posted that he is interested in coming this brings the total to fifthteen . I will do some internet surfing in the next few days try to find websites for Madison and Oswego counties. also going to see if my local Gander Mountain carries lake maps of Oneida lake or  sportsman's connection book for western NY.
   If any one can give me and others some information on Sandy pond it would be appreciated I been told it is located near Pulaski, NY.

Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.