Author Topic: Buddy Heater Hose Question  (Read 1899 times)

Offline curtrein

• Team IceShanty Regular
Buddy Heater Hose Question
« on: Jan 25, 2022, 12:18 PM »
Hey Guys:
Gonna hookup my big buddy heater to a 15lb tank today. I bought the F273201 hose to hook into the larger tank. Is this a correct hose to use? I see so much conflicting discussion on this.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Nitz

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Buddy Heater Hose Question
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2022, 01:13 PM »
The Mr. Heater operating instructions for each model heater list which hose PNs are OK to use with that unit.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2022, 03:34 PM »
Hey Guys:
Gonna hookup my big buddy heater to a 15lb tank today. I bought the F273201 hose to hook into the larger tank. Is this a correct hose to use? I see so much conflicting discussion on this.

The model you have is NOT recommended by Mr. Heater. Buyer beware.

This is from the Mr. Heater website...

Currently, we make three hose models that do not require a filter: the F273704 which is made from a different chemical compound of rubber that does not have the oily substance that can get into the fuel flow, the F271802 that attaches to a low-pressure line, and the F271803 which is a regulated hose. Since the F271802 & F271803 only see low pressure, the oily substances are not squeezed from the hose material

I have been using the F273704 model for many years now on 5 -20# tanks ,without a filter, and have had zero issues.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Subway4X4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2022, 04:51 PM »
The model you have is NOT recommended by Mr. Heater. Buyer beware.

This is from the Mr. Heater website...

Currently, we make three hose models that do not require a filter: the F273704 which is made from a different chemical compound of rubber that does not have the oily substance that can get into the fuel flow, the F271802 that attaches to a low-pressure line, and the F271803 which is a regulated hose. Since the F271802 & F271803 only see low pressure, the oily substances are not squeezed from the hose material

I have been using the F273704 model for many years now on 5 -20# tanks ,without a filter, and have had zero issues.

This ^^^

F273704

Old Noob - Sponsored by my lovely wife.

Offline Nofishem

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2022, 06:06 PM »
Any one know what numbers are on the approved for use without a filter hose? The part number is not marked on the hose and I no longer have the package. Hose is marked 070818C4.

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2022, 09:37 PM »
273704 hose is 12'.. It doesn't require a filter. To be safe, just buy the 12$ filter and use whatever you want.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2022, 04:38 AM »
273704 hose is 12'.. It doesn't require a filter. To be safe, just buy the 12$ filter and use whatever you want.

Actually, the 273704 is only 10'. The 271803 is 12'. But yes, I guess you could use any hose you want (I won't) and use a filter. Been there...done that. Before going to the proper hose I went the filter route and had to change them more than I wanted to. They will become plugged...and it doesn't take long.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2022, 05:30 AM »
FYI the 10 ft hose that is approved I found at dickssportinggoods in stock.  I did not want to order from there but they were the only in stock I could find

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2022, 05:59 AM »
FYI the 10 ft hose that is approved I found at dickssportinggoods in stock.  I did not want to order from there but they were the only in stock I could find

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mr-Heater-1-in-Dia-x-10-ft-Buddy-Series-LP-Hose-Assembly/21375847
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 2022, 06:20 AM »
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mr-Heater-1-in-Dia-x-10-ft-Buddy-Series-LP-Hose-Assembly/21375847

i found my hose attachment at lowes or home depot. if you dont want to order online id check those stores out as well

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 26, 2022, 09:20 AM »
Lowe's around me were clearancing out the 273704 for whatever reason.  Might be worth a look.  I picked up a spare for $15.

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline Dave in Mpls

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 26, 2022, 10:15 AM »
I'll add to this for DR.SPECKLER's enjoyment!

OP - Does your Big Buddy have the quick connect inlet fitting (would be on left side, behind connection for the 1 lb cylinder)?  If so, the easiest way to fly would be to use the Mr. Heater F271803 hose.  This hose is 12', regulated, and has a fitting to connect to the quick connect inlet fitting on the heater.  No filter necessary with this hose.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #14 on: Jan 26, 2022, 10:42 AM »

OP - Does your Big Buddy have the quick connect inlet fitting (would be on left side, behind connection for the 1 lb cylinder)?  If so, the easiest way to fly would be to use the Mr. Heater F271803 hose.  This hose is 12', regulated, and has a fitting to connect to the quick connect inlet fitting on the heater.  No filter necessary with this hose.

Be careful; he's tripping the light fantastic right now! 🤸‍♂️
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 27, 2022, 08:28 AM »

Question for Dave in Mpls. I have the big buddy with the fan and it does have the quick connect fitting behind the 1 pound tank on the left side. I bought the correct hose F271803 to use with a 20 tank. I only used the heater once in my garage with the 2 small tanks and it worked great. When I hook the big tank with the hose do I need to also have the small tanks screwed in or can they both be removed?
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline Dave in Mpls

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 27, 2022, 09:04 AM »
Question for Dave in Mpls. I have the big buddy with the fan and it does have the quick connect fitting behind the 1 pound tank on the left side. I bought the correct hose F271803 to use with a 20 tank. I only used the heater once in my garage with the 2 small tanks and it worked great. When I hook the big tank with the hose do I need to also have the small tanks screwed in or can they both be removed?

Gamalot - I run mine with the 1# tanks removed and it works like a charm.

Hopefully this link works -
&t=353s

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 27, 2022, 09:18 AM »
Thanks Dave, The link worked perfect. One would think before the guy makes a tutorial video that he would have learned it first. Anyway, I got it now and am all set.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline Dave in Mpls

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 27, 2022, 11:03 AM »
Thanks Dave, The link worked perfect. One would think before the guy makes a tutorial video that he would have learned it first. Anyway, I got it now and am all set.
I sometimes prefer the videos where folks go in as greenhorns - makes me feel smarter!!
Glad you got it figured!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.