Author Topic: Iroquois  (Read 12004 times)

gman51

Iroquois
« on: Dec 13, 2020, 06:31 AM »
took a run into Iroquois yesterday fished from 9-530 early am bite was good hooking up on some walleyes bite slowed down around 10:30 then the small pike were starting to cruise in and were again dealt with throughout the day nothing over 20" on the pike. picked up a few eyes early in the afternoon and then they of course turned on again late. ended the day with over 10 on the walleyes most were in that 16-19" range and countless small pike which were in and around the walleye bite. great day for sure until the end when a snow squall came in with heavy 60k winds chased me away.

Offline ryder29

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Iroquois
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2020, 09:19 AM »
Looks like you had a great day!  Nice work!
I'm just trying to get another bite.

Offline Churchill River

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2020, 09:40 AM »
Nice haul Rip.  Those are the perfect size eyes to keep.  Anything bigger goes back.

Offline Railman8157

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2020, 09:56 AM »
Very nice rip.still walkon or thick enough to drive. Thanks

gman51

« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2020, 10:42 AM »
14” where I was sled and atv traffic were still peoples choices hauling out shacks. with this cold weather setting in for awhile should start seeing trucks very soon.

Offline Railman8157

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2020, 10:55 AM »
Thanks for the info

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2020, 11:36 AM »
Nice work RnF!

Great day on the water.

Offline Cholo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2020, 07:25 PM »
Nice Wally's  RnF, now if only I could pull that out of the strap !

gman51

« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2020, 07:50 PM »
Thx cholo just Keep up the pursuit you’ll run into them.

Offline sparksNfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2020, 10:16 AM »
I fished the small southern bay by Pelican Cove on Friday last week but only managed a few small jack. We walked west all the way across and back along the south shore line. I did notice the ice was drastically thinner along the south shore below that big house. The middle of the bay was 13" and near the south shore went to 6". Does this little bay usually produce anything worth trying for?

gman51

« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2020, 04:13 PM »
Used to take the small boat in there and troll around a weed patch in the middle and catch some nice ones. Haven’t been there ice fishing in years. 

Offline Paraaronoid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 18, 2020, 09:29 PM »
I fished the small southern bay by Pelican Cove on Friday last week but only managed a few small jack. We walked west all the way across and back along the south shore line. I did notice the ice was drastically thinner along the south shore below that big house. The middle of the bay was 13" and near the south shore went to 6". Does this little bay usually produce anything worth trying for?

Is this the bay on the other side of the bridge?  I used to spearfish in there many years ago.  Lots of pike but couldn't find much else.

gman51

« Reply #12 on: Dec 19, 2020, 07:21 AM »
yes. walleyes in there also.

gman51

« Reply #13 on: Dec 21, 2020, 08:08 PM »
Took Another trip into Iroquois early this morning after dropping off a sled for a buddy up at big shell. fished from 8-11:30 started marking and catching right away upon set up the action was aggressive for the first 1 1/2 hours finished up the morning with 7 walleyes and 3 pike. Packed up and headed for big shell for the afternoon. Only got in a few hours in there. 3 smaller pike were caught but did drive on which was my main reason for going there. Good to go Looking forward to more trips this year.

Offline Railman8157

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 21, 2020, 08:20 PM »
Quite a morning!

Offline Twistedhook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 21, 2020, 08:22 PM »
Great to hear that Iroquois is still producing.

Offline SPIVEY17

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FISHIN MAGICIAN
« Reply #16 on: Dec 21, 2020, 08:48 PM »
Trucks on the ice at Iroquois?

gman51

« Reply #17 on: Dec 21, 2020, 10:19 PM »
Didn’t see any truck traffic where I was in the am. Just a few sleds.

Offline sparksNfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 30, 2020, 04:09 PM »
Has there been much for vehicles travelling on the lake yet?

Offline justdontgetskunked

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 30, 2020, 05:17 PM »
I drove onto Iroquois on December 23rd. Everywhere we drilled was 18" of good solid ice. We were told by a cabin owner that there can be some thin spots around one of the islands, but we stayed in the north east portion of the lake just out from Pebble Baye. There were a few permanent shacks out there and we saw other truck tracks, so we weren't the first to drive on.

Offline Lonestarsask

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 31, 2020, 01:50 PM »
I don't fish this lake a lot but every time I do I see whitefish.  I don't usually target them but a buddy used to love laying on his stomach with a jacket over his head. He all ways used a wire worm and hand line. Do the whites still get lots of pressure?

Offline dkruks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 18, 2021, 12:52 PM »
Heading out to Iroquois for the first time tomorrow. Is it better to get on the ice at Pebble Baye or Pelican Cove?

Offline sparksNfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 18, 2021, 01:50 PM »
Pelican Bay has a fair size heave right at the shore line. Nothing a truck can't handle but I wouldn't try a car or van. There's also tracks just back by the south bay where guys have accessed with vehicles. That does go out into reeds and shallow water so I don't think that a very good place with this warm weather. I seen a lot of trucks on Saturday heading over to Pebble Bay area from Pelican so i don't know if there's no access or just people heading to their spots.

Offline dkruks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 18, 2021, 02:17 PM »
Thanks, looking on google maps and depths maps I was planning on getting on at pebble bay. Seems like a lot of good contours just on the east side of the larger island. Can anyone confirm no access to the lake at pebble baye?

Offline dkruks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 19, 2021, 08:05 PM »
Iroquois is a nice little lake. The water was clear, and the pike had a clean taste. Fished from 10:00am until 3:00pm. We did not have much action, managed 4 small pike between the two of us, and saw several whitefish and 1 walleye on the cam.  Will go back again.

Offline Paraaronoid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Jan 19, 2021, 09:23 PM »
Iroquois is a nice little lake. The water was clear, and the pike had a clean taste. Fished from 10:00am until 3:00pm. We did not have much action, managed 4 small pike between the two of us, and saw several whitefish and 1 walleye on the cam.  Will go back again.

Awesome, congrats.  This is my favourite lake to take my daughters in the spring.  Were you able to get on at Pelican Cove?  How thick is the ice now?  Any difficulty driving through the snow?  I was planning on scouting it out on the weekend before taking my wife and daughters out.

Offline dkruks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 19, 2021, 09:34 PM »
I didn’t measure the thickness, but it was plenty... 20+inches.  Snow cover was almost none existent.  Could drive around easy. The ice heavy going on a pelican was no match for my truck, but as mentioned above it might pose a threat to cars or vans.

Offline Paraaronoid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 19, 2021, 09:49 PM »
I didn’t measure the thickness, but it was plenty... 20+inches.  Snow cover was almost none existent.  Could drive around easy. The ice heavy going on a pelican was no match for my truck, but as mentioned above it might pose a threat to cars or vans.
Very good to know, thanks... Greatly appreciated.

Offline dkruks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Feb 13, 2021, 09:10 PM »
Any burbot showing their pretty face yet?

Offline ggpr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Feb 16, 2021, 04:23 PM »
Any recent reports on how the fishing has been at Iroquois?  The lake has never been too hot for me the handful of times i have ice fished it.  Looking for somewhere active to try and get out to this upcoming weekend.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.