The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Went to Benedict pond today not a good start!  (Read 590 times)

Offline Mike57

• IceShanty Rookie
Went to Benedict pond today not a good start!
« on: Feb 18, 2018, 04:40 PM »
I arrived at the pond around 8:15 the DCR guy said wait a little bit and he will clear the road and parking lot. I waited went down to the pond park my got my stuff out and wave thanks to the DCR guy. About a hour goes by I just set up my tips and was just about to start jigging when the DCR guy comes up to the beach telling me to come here as I approach he tells me he accidentally hit  my car from behind with the plow truck. I then hop into his truck went down to the parking area and that my liftgate on my Tucson was all dented. I said thanks a lot what a great way to start fishing.  Anyways we exchange information. I left for a little  I was a little up set. I went back later set up my tips flags started popping up I caught a nice 3lb bass check him out and release him. Fish to about five and went home. Hopefully the state will fix my car. :tipup:

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Went to Benedict pond today not a good start!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2018, 04:50 PM »
Sorry to hear that.  Fished it for the first time this year...little too crunchy for me.  Ranger coverage was surprising for such a small place.

Offline Mike57

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2018, 05:28 PM »
Thanks! Pond had about  9-10 inches of ice with snow cover. When there last Tues. jigged up five bass and a perch and a big sunnie all with a hali and waxes.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2018, 06:49 PM »
Was cool of the DCR guy to tell you he hit you. Anyone else and you probably come back at the end of the day to find your truck banged up with no cars around and no note.
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.