Author Topic: 11 Mile Weekend  (Read 1008 times)

Offline coboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
11 Mile Weekend
« on: Feb 12, 2012, 08:21 PM »
Fished the Mile Saturday and Sunday.Forgot there was a tournament Saturday.Slow Saturday.Caught two stockers. Sunday caught four stockers and three larger trout.The largest at 19". Bent the
hook being too aggressive on a large trout and broke the line on a tip-up on a heavy pike. All by 9:30AM Learned a few thing again today.Tight lines

Offline _colorado

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired to MN
Re: 11 Mile Weekend
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2012, 08:35 PM »
Sorry to hear about the pike.  But at least you have another nice rainbow to show for your effort at 11 Mile.  The tournament was another reason I went to WF.

Offline Budwaystone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2012, 06:12 AM »
4lb. test on the pike? I hope your using at least 20lb braid, I can send you wire leaders if you like, let me know. Still no ice, going to be in the 40's this week. markum seems to be in working condition, still have a ton of lively bait I'll use at the river,stay safe bro chris, tight lines as always

Offline Big Mo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If I should Die while Fishing, I Die Happy :-)
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2012, 09:14 AM »
Hi Colorado, I am from Laurel Montana and will be in Castlerock Thurs. thru Sunday. Me and the wife are coming down for my grandsons 4th birthday. My son and me are planning on fishing 11 mile on Friday. He has been going up there just about every weekend, the last two times tho he hasn't done very good. Can anyone give us a tip to where on the lake is the best for the trout and what approach to use to get them to BITE!!! Any help would be GREATLY appriciated. Thanks Mo.

Offline coboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2012, 04:55 PM »
Hi Colorado, I am from Laurel Montana and will be in Castlerock Thurs. thru Sunday. Me and the wife are coming down for my grandsons 4th birthday. My son and me are planning on fishing 11 mile on Friday. He has been going up there just about every weekend, the last two times tho he hasn't done very good. Can anyone give us a tip to where on the lake is the best for the trout and what approach to use to get them to BITE!!! Any help would be GREATLY appriciated. Thanks Mo.
If your son has a lake map that would help to find some structure. I've been fishing this whole season mostly between 5 and 10 feet depth. Guys that I've fished with have been having good success with shrimpos and ratsos. If you get on the 11 Mile Marina site,you can get some helpful info. As far as making trout bite, a lot depends on any given day.This weekend has been especially
slow for me. The trout aren't moving too much.Also it's that time of year when things tend to slow down. Good luck.

Offline Big Mo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If I should Die while Fishing, I Die Happy :-)
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2012, 05:03 PM »
Thanks for the info coboy! Very nice of ya!! Mo.

Offline elkdeerbear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2012, 08:30 PM »
Nice rainbow. Your really sticking it out at Elevenmile. Guess I lose intrest and switch lakes when there not biting.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.