Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1679858 times)

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #5850 on: Nov 14, 2019, 07:14 AM »
I got the bibs last night, on a store to store order. Runnings was super nice about it and ordered them in for me. Unfortunately after I tried them on, xl is way too large. Not sure how that works as the jacket xl fits me just right....so I will have to return them. I'll see if I can try the trekker bibs on and if Frank's still has them on sale I might get those....would like to have the float assistance, not that I want to fall through....

Frank's is out of some of the sizes - including the XL that I needed and didn't buy in time! I was worried about the size being wrong.

mboss - what size do you wear? maybe I will buy them from you?
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5851 on: Nov 14, 2019, 07:28 AM »
Frank's is out of some of the sizes - including the XL that I needed and didn't buy in time! I was worried about the size being wrong.

mboss - what size do you wear? maybe I will buy them from you?

I got the Eskimo XL and they are just too big. They are of course out of the Eskimo L size at the $109 price. I thought the Trekker and the Eskimo were basically the same thing. But I don't want to buy the Trekker in L and have it shipped without trying it on first, just in case the Striker ones are sized different than the Eskimo ones. For some reason the Eskimo XL jacket fits good, but the bibs in XL are what I'd call XXL at least.

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5852 on: Nov 14, 2019, 08:04 AM »
Ordered a pair of the striker predators for my 5yr old son and myself. I'm 5 10 180 and went with medium and they fit perfect. Normally i order large in everything but glad i went with medium. Awesome bibs at a wonderful price! Made me want to order a pair of the climate's just because of the discount. However, i did pick up the climate jacket that is like last years model for $129. Also go that in a medium and fits me well. That thing is awesome too! New striker fan here.

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5853 on: Nov 14, 2019, 08:41 AM »
Ordered a pair of the striker predators for my 5yr old son and myself. I'm 5 10 180 and went with medium and they fit perfect. Normally i order large in everything but glad i went with medium. Awesome bibs at a wonderful price! Made me want to order a pair of the climate's just because of the discount. However, i did pick up the climate jacket that is like last years model for $129. Also go that in a medium and fits me well. That thing is awesome too! New striker fan here.

Predator or trekker? Can you post where there was a deal on the predator and climate?

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5854 on: Nov 14, 2019, 09:38 AM »
Cabela’s is offering 10% off gift cards from the 14-17th. Stock up now for things that never go on sale or wait till things go on sale and make the deal even better. 

Wish the 20% gift cards from eBay would come back but I am not to confident in their return. 

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5855 on: Nov 14, 2019, 09:43 AM »
Predator or trekker? Can you post where there was a deal on the predator and climate?
I ordered the predator's but all models were on sale at Frank's Great Outdoors. You have to call in the order as it is an unadvertised sale and its not seen on their website either. Kind of an odd deal but I've put in two orders and they are VERY nice people. Never heard of them until this deal i came across but will definitely do business with them in the future. Predators were $149, climate $199. Plus you get a free pair of striker gloves. Shipping was $10 for first pair, $5 for the second pair. I probably should have ordered another pair or two for backup before posting this as I'm sure they will go fast now. haha. 

Offline mtnfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5856 on: Nov 14, 2019, 09:45 AM »
Cabela’s is offering 10% off gift cards from the 14-17th. Stock up now for things that never go on sale or wait till things go on sale and make the deal even better. 

Wish the 20% gift cards from eBay would come back but I am not to confident in their return.

I doubt they will be offering gift cards. It looks like they quit selling all together on eBay

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5857 on: Nov 14, 2019, 10:05 AM »

10% off is better than nothing.....it is more than the usual 7% or so one can get generally throughout the year. Combined with active junky and thanksgiving sales you could get nice deals, especially on large purchases like livescope...don't forget you can buy hunting and fishing licenses with gift cards at cabelas

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5858 on: Nov 14, 2019, 10:11 AM »
10% is nothing in my opinion. In fact, I'm not sure if there is one item sold on cabela's website now that I can't find cheaper somewhere else. Complete disgrace nowadays. Used to spend a lot of money in the good old days when they would actually have sales in the bargain bin. Thanks BassPro. Joke.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5859 on: Nov 14, 2019, 10:14 AM »
10% is nothing in my opinion. In fact, I'm not sure if there is one item sold on cabela's website now that I can't find cheaper somewhere else. Complete disgrace nowadays. Used to spend a lot of money in the good old days when they would actually have sales in the bargain bin. Thanks BassPro. Joke.

Don't forget to stack it with active junky and price match policy....therefore actually getting a better deal than anywhere else. Takes timing and effort, but very effective....last year those Garmin 93sv units were $599, and then 10% + 12%cashback off, so it is a nice deal from reputable store.

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5861 on: Nov 14, 2019, 12:39 PM »
Alert alert. I was able to get 5 $50 Cabelas gift cards for $200, a 20% savings instead of the 10% that is advertised.  Only works on $50 cards from what I have heard.  I tried using junky (not sure if it will work) and also cash back from my Cabelas’s card to make the deal sweeter.  The gift cards will be used for license purchase (which never go on sale) or a purchase of a new beretta (which rarely go on sale)

This is approaching steal level gentlemen.

(Edit: Junky does not pay out for gift cards)

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5862 on: Nov 14, 2019, 01:03 PM »
Better check your order confirmation boder.

I just tried it and it was giving me 20% the $25 and $50 cards if I ordered 2 or more so I placed an order for 5 of the $25 cards and my order total showed $100 when I checked out, but my confirmation email showed the total was $112.50.

Your mileage may vary.

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5863 on: Nov 14, 2019, 01:21 PM »
Better check your order confirmation boder.

I just tried it and it was giving me 20% the $25 and $50 cards if I ordered 2 or more so I placed an order for 5 of the $25 cards and my order total showed $100 when I checked out, but my confirmation email showed the total was $112.50.

Your mileage may vary.

Was just about to post this very thing.  Major bummer.  Oh well.  10% off of a hunting and fishing license is still a good deal.

Although my credit card has a pending charge of only $200... so I don’t know?

Offline JigDragger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5864 on: Nov 14, 2019, 01:29 PM »
I ordered the predator's but all models were on sale at Frank's Great Outdoors. You have to call in the order as it is an unadvertised sale and its not seen on their website either. Kind of an odd deal but I've put in two orders and they are VERY nice people. Never heard of them until this deal i came across but will definitely do business with them in the future. Predators were $149, climate $199. Plus you get a free pair of striker gloves. Shipping was $10 for first pair, $5 for the second pair. I probably should have ordered another pair or two for backup before posting this as I'm sure they will go fast now. haha.

How much did you pay for shipping for the first order? Just to clarify your first order was the full suit ?

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5865 on: Nov 14, 2019, 01:37 PM »
I checked with customer service and the person I spoke to confirmed I will not be charged $100 for the $125 worth of $25 gift cards I purchased. I also confirmed my card was only charged $100 as well.

Cat might be outta the bag and they may fix it now, so act fast and make sure to screen shot your order screen that shows your total and check your account to see what you get charged.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5866 on: Nov 14, 2019, 02:08 PM »
I checked with customer service and the person I spoke to confirmed I will not be charged $100 for the $125 worth of $25 gift cards I purchased. I also confirmed my card was only charged $100 as well.

Cat might be outta the bag and they may fix it now, so act fast and make sure to screen shot your order screen that shows your total and check your account to see what you get charged.

I just bought 5 x $50 for $200 .....20% off ...SLICK!!! Hopefully they don't try to adjust or cancel....but I have order confirmation. Now I'll wait for a nice sale on the Strikemaster Lite Flite and use active junky and stack it with the $20 off $100 coupon that came in the mail yesterday.

I also read that they were allowing these gift cards to be purchased with previous gift cards(I still have some that were already 20% off before), which would make it extra awesome, but I didn't have my gift card stash on me, and I can live with 20% off.

Make sure to take pics of screen. Worst, worst, worst case scenario I would think you could cancel, or try to ask your credit card to step in given you'd have the original receipt

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5867 on: Nov 14, 2019, 02:15 PM »
I just bought 5 x $50 for $200 .....20% off ...SLICK!!! Hopefully they don't try to adjust or cancel....but I have order confirmation. Now I'll wait for a nice sale on the Strikemaster Lite Flite and use active junky and stack it with the $20 off $100 coupon that came in the mail yesterday.

I also read that they were allowing these gift cards to be purchased with previous gift cards(I still have some that were already 20% off before), which would make it extra awesome, but I didn't have my gift card stash on me, and I can live with 20% off.

A $20 off $100? Those still exist? I don’t think I have seen one of those in a year or so. 

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5868 on: Nov 14, 2019, 02:17 PM »
A $20 off $100? Those still exist? I don’t think I have seen one of those in a year or so.

I have been buying them back then every time in the full $300 amounts allowed every time the deal came around.....sure glad I did.

Offline IceManBran

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5869 on: Nov 14, 2019, 02:22 PM »
Just purchased $100 in Cabelas gift cards for $80...so the glitch is still working. We'll see if it actually goes through...

EDIT: Confirmation email says $90. Current charge on my card is $80.

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5870 on: Nov 14, 2019, 03:14 PM »
The Gander Outdoors store in Green Bay WI is up to 40% off store wide including ice fishing stuff. There are some ion and strikemaster auger batteries there as well as a few other big ticket items. Be warned all sales are final though.

Just picked up a travel cover for my clam kenai for $35.

Offline E.C

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5871 on: Nov 14, 2019, 03:22 PM »

Did you have to pay shipping on the suit also or just the gloves? On the website it says free shipping for the predator suit. So was just curious.

Offline ndsumiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5872 on: Nov 14, 2019, 04:52 PM »
Just ordered 5 of the $50 gift cards. It said $200 for the total all the way until I submitted the order. After submitting the order, it changed. Live chatting with someone, I was informed they can't adjust the order to match what the cart said. I submitted screen grab of the cart with the gift cards in it too. It looks like the $25 cards still show as $100 for 5 but that could change mid-transaction too. FYI.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5873 on: Nov 14, 2019, 04:57 PM »
Just ordered 5 of the $50 gift cards. It said $200 for the total all the way until I submitted the order. After submitting the order, it changed. Live chatting with someone, I was informed they can't adjust the order to match what the cart said. I submitted screen grab of the cart with the gift cards in it too. It looks like the $25 cards still show as $100 for 5 but that could change mid-transaction too. FYI.

You should have escalated. They can and should have taken care of you.

Offline Pitbull44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5874 on: Nov 14, 2019, 05:07 PM »
You should have escalated. They can and should have taken care of you.

They took care of me. Had to speak to 2 supervisors but in the end I got $250 for $200.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #5875 on: Nov 14, 2019, 05:08 PM »
For those that bit on the Clam Scout Thermal XLs earlier this year and did not go for the travel cover: $34 less a penny shipping free with Prime. Travel Cover Fits - Scout/Trapper/Nordic Sled Sm/Scout XL, Blue, One Size.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B002Z2KNIK/?coliid=I3KI5W4SFWG7TJ&colid=1Y4POXUWH3MLQ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5876 on: Nov 14, 2019, 05:32 PM »
Did you have to pay shipping on the suit also or just the gloves? On the website it says free shipping for the predator suit. So was just curious.
I paid 10 bucks for first pair and 5 for the second. So if u get the whole suit should be 15.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5878 on: Nov 15, 2019, 07:13 AM »
Fleet Farm just sent out their Black Friday preview ad and they will have the Striker Hardwater jacket and bibs on sale for $129.99 each.

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5879 on: Nov 15, 2019, 07:46 AM »
Can you send a link for the fleet farm ad? That looks like last years ad, the only 2019 ad I can find is for their toys

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.