Author Topic: Help finding Tanaka powerhead adapter for StrikeMaster bit  (Read 713 times)

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
Does anyone know where to buy one? I got one years ago and can’t remember where I got it. Now I need another one. Please help. Thanks

Offline BlueDevil

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Help finding Tanaka powerhead adapter for StrikeMaster bit
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2020, 07:05 PM »
I bought an adapter to mate a Strikemaster Mora (blue) to a Tanaka 270 from EBay if I remember correctly?
//.\\//.\\ark

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2020, 07:14 PM »
I bought an adapter to mate a Strikemaster Mora (blue) to a Tanaka 270 from EBay if I remember correctly?
Really? I looked but not much luck. Did your adapter on in the chuck or was it the one that you remove chuck and it screws on? Looking for the one that screws on.

Offline BlueDevil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2020, 10:03 PM »
Really? I looked but not much luck. Did your adapter on in the chuck or was it the one that you remove chuck and it screws on? Looking for the one that screws on.

Sorry my bad I use the Nils adapter.  The adapter I got from eBay mates to the Nils adapter.
//.\\//.\\ark

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2020, 10:19 PM »
Sorry my bad I use the Nils adapter.  The adapter I got from eBay mates to the Nils adapter.
Interesting. Any chance of a pic or what you used to search for it? Having a hell of a time.

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2020, 08:40 AM »
Is this the adapter your looking for ?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ice-Auger-Adapter-for-Cordless-Drill-No-Drill-Chuck-Style-Direct-Attach-Ice-Fish/183357837078?hash=item2ab0fa8f16:g:fLcAAOSw0Ud
Thanks Bart! Very well could be. I’m just not smart enough to know what size thread is even on my Tanaka to know if it’s same as a half in drill chuck.

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2020, 01:30 PM »
The Tanaka output shaft is a 1/2"-20 thread, contact the ebay seller. This the same seller that I purchased my  Nils to Mora adapter from in 2014.

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 27, 2020, 10:51 AM »
The Tanaka output shaft is a 1/2"-20 thread, contact the ebay seller. This the same seller that I purchased my  Nils to Mora adapter from in 2014.
Perfect! That's what I needed to know! I should get the tanaka head in a couple days and will just double check. Also looking at rebuilding both carbs. The one i have now doesn't seem to start as well as it did when new. I tore the carb apart and cleaned it and the diaphrams all looked good so idk. As cheap as a rebuild kit is i will try it. Will also only run that good canned gas through it for no more than i use my gasser.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 27, 2020, 11:41 AM »
Also use Sea Foam and always store your auger with a full tank of gas to keep seals and lines from drying on you in the off season, plus start and run it a couple times during storage. When you get tired of all that, GET A DRILL!!!!!  :o
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.