Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607660 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #17850 on: Dec 06, 2019, 06:43 PM »
Good evening ,rough Thursday for me must have picked up some type of intestinal bug doing a little better today.
Icefisher-45 good to hear your wife was cleared to return to work. I hope the switch back to your first headache medication works and you get more sleep. May the dealership find the part and repair transfer case on the Jeep. Hope the landlord accepts the bid for your old plow person.
Ice Wanderer may the generator arrive at your local store before next week.
Eddie happy to read you were able to drive home and could fix the problem.
Whopper Stopper may your wife have received good news concerning her eye today.
Wallyworld good looking dinner and cookies may you not have to many more cookies to decorate before the party.
IFF  may the lower elevation lakes near you home cap over and start forming ice.
Hunts2long good that you did find the problem with wife's car before trip to NYC. Things could have gotten very serious if the whell came off while driving at higher speeds.

Have a safe and pleasant evening.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17851 on: Dec 07, 2019, 04:03 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's 14* and clear here on my hill, a sunny day is the forecast. ::)
                       Steve...…….My generator arrived yesterday around 1pm so I went down to pick it up. It is a 11500 peak watts and 9200 watt sustained watts.
              It should run a lot of circuits. I also received a 10 circuit transfer box by UPS. I should be good to go. :flex:
                       I-45...……..Try going to a auto salvage yard to find a linkage for the jeep. Or go on line, someone should have one. ???
                       Wally........It helps that I have a good friend that has the garage locally, I get a break on repairs. If I had a heated garage I might try doing
              some stuff myself. :whistle:
                      Marv......…Tiger Muskies are fun to catch and they are good eating as well.  :thumbsup:
                      Bud......…I saw on the news that another big storm is headed from the west, take it easy. ???
                      Eddie.......I hope you can get out in the woods today. :flex:
                      In the woods yesterday with nothing to show for it.
                      I know it's  winter and we are gearing for ice but today I'm going to NH to pick up a pontoon boat that I made a deal on back in July. My #2 son is
              riding along with me.

I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out hunting or fishing.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17852 on: Dec 07, 2019, 05:34 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....congrats on the new boat  :thumbsup: :clap: safe travels to and from  ;)

IF45.....hope the landlord gets the plowing/sanding situation squared away soon  :-\

H2L.....good luck as the hunting season winds down  ;)

WS.....hope the eye doc has the plan figured out   :)

Eddie.....good luck if you're in the stand today  ;)

Only a few more cookies to finish up today  :thumbsup:   

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

MrC.....hope you're feeling better sir, sorry I missed putting this in the original post  :(

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17853 on: Dec 07, 2019, 05:38 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Wally, Morning Everyone,
  19* and calm winds to start the day off here, high of 27 today.

Jeff...congrats on the new pontoon!  :clap:   Safe travels today to and from NH Sir, hope it’s clear sailing on the roads.   :thumbsup:
  Steve...hope you’re feeling better today, best wishes sent!   :thumbsup:
  I-45... glad to read your wife is doing better each day and has been able to return to work.  :thumbsup:   It might be worth checking around with a few of the smaller local auto repair shops in your area about the linkage repair also.
  Wally....the cookie factory has been putting out some fine looking batches this season, my sweet tooth is acting up looking at those pictures, excellent job!!   :bow: :clap:
  H2...we ended up with about 3” or so here yesterday. Hope today the buck will show himself, best of luck if. you’re heading out.     :thumbsup:
  Marv...hoping to hear good news on your wife’s appointment yesterday, our best wishes sent!   :thumbsup:   I’m the same way with watching the videos before doing the job myself. Wish I saw that one I posted beforehand, lol.
  Capt.J, Tom, OS, OG....hope all is well with you fellas!   :thumbsup:

The word of the day here for me is sore, lol. Had my heart set on hunting this am, the body said just said no. Planning on the afternoon trip though, and definitely tomorrow’s closer.   Cawfee’s on...
   Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17854 on: Dec 07, 2019, 07:09 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

24 getting close to 40 today and tomorrow. Monday night the bottom drops out with highs Tuesday and Wednesday in the single digits

IW Congratulations :clap:  Safe travels fetching the rig. What size motor does it have ???

Eddie it's crazy how sore a person can get using different muscles. Best of luck when hitting the woods, will be pulling for you :thumbsup:

WW excellent pictures from the factory :clap:

45, glad to read your wife is doing better :thumbsup: Best of luck with the Jeep fix.

h2l best of luck if you hit the woods today :thumbsup:

Yesterday my wife had the old good news, bad news scenario. The good news was that the pressure in the problem eye was even below the goal of 20 coming in at 17. That part was great news and the Dr. was excited. The bad part was, the inflammation has returned. In it's own way that's as bad as the bad pressure and left untreated can also cause blindness. She has been on 3 different Meds to reduce inflammation, but each one caused the pressure to shoot up. So it's more of the same with stopping one Medicine and increasing another from 1 drop to 4 drops, in their search for just the right combination for good pressure with no inflammation.   

The Christmas tree is on the agenda for today.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Say safe.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17855 on: Dec 07, 2019, 07:15 AM »
12* here this morning. 7* up in the hills. About 5" of new snow up there.
Eddie, I feel your PAIN, I won't be going out until later in the day either. Have to give at least one my try. Good Luck to you.
Ice-45, hope the Jeep can get back on the road.
IW, nice looking pontoon. The wife always wanted one.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17856 on: Dec 07, 2019, 09:21 AM »
Good morning blue sky with a few clouds high today forecast at 35 will feel colder with the 10 to 15 mph winds. Still not back to 100 percent had a light breakfast and now why stomach is churning hopefully I can shake this bug by Monday.
Ice Wanderer nice looking boat may you and son#2 have safe travels to and from NH. Good to hear you have the generator and circuit transfer box. I'm assuming this generator runs on gasoline so how much fuel and oil do you plan to keep stored for emergency usage.
Wallyworld have fun finishing up the cookies is the Fire dept. party tonight. Thank you for the well wishes.
Eddie with rest may your body feel better this afternoon and tomorrow so you can get out after the deer. Thank you also for your well wishes.
Whopper Stopper sounds like an ongoing struggle for your wife to check eye pressure and inflammation in balance. Must get bothersome trying to find the right combination of medications. Have fun setting up the Christmas tree may all of your lights work and not be in tangled messes.
Hunt2long best to you with today's hunting. My area did not see any snow or rain yesterday.
Icefisher-45 I hope the medication change helped you sleep better. May your wife's health continue to improve with the diet change and medication. Some good ideas on where you might find the parts for your Jeep.
Tom Turkey,OldSailor , Old Goat and Capt.Jim ditto Eddie's words.

Have a safe and good Saturday. Best to all fishing and Hunting

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17857 on: Dec 07, 2019, 10:40 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like it’s a beautiful and very sunny day out. My wife is feeling better. She’s being very good about her diet and taking her insulin. Meds are making me tired.

Ice Wanderer, Congratulations on the new boat. That’s good the generator came in. Found aftermarket linkage. Hoping the dealer will install it.

Mr Clean, Hope your feeling better.

Hunts2long, Good luck today if you get out in the woods.

Whopper Stopper, prayers for your wife. Have fun tree shopping.

Mason Eddie, Hope you get out this afternoon.

WallyWorld, Hope you have a good day. Is the fire dept party this afternoon?

I tried to post a picture reminding everyone that today is Pearl Harbor day but for some reason having trouble posting pictures. I hope everyone has a safe day. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #17858 on: Dec 07, 2019, 07:22 PM »
Evening, good evening Gang

Sunny with a breeze today, highs got to the upper 40's, tomorrow is supposed to get to the mid 50's, this ain't ice making weather

Mrs. W.W. - I can't keep looking at the delicious cookies, my weight keeps going up when I do

I.W. - Good Luck with the pontoon boat - that generator should do the 'trick' well for you

45 - Glad the wife is doing good - with your meds., when you take them, split during the day or can be done at night when sleep is the 'norm'? - would be nice if they did install
      the linkage and adjust for proper operation

Clean - Sounds like you have the 'bug' - did you get the shots from the Dr. for it?

W.S. - Getting the meds. right for her eyes is going to be a long drawn out thing, not an easy fix, tell her have faith

H2L - How did you do today hunting?

Mason - I'm still here, just putting the finishing touches on the job that ran alongside the A.C. job on the weekends, expect to be done with it Wed. p.m. - how was your trip
      to the woods?

While traveling home today, went past a field alongside one of the local roads, built up but still rural in nature, 3:00 p.m., standing in the middle of the field was an huge 6-8
      pointer with his harem all lined up waiting for him, had to be 18 to 20 does, last day of N.J. shotgun season was today, he still has winter bow & I think winter muzzle-
      loader yet waiting for him, his only saving grace will be the close proximity to houses and the highway, when your in traffic I just can't take pictures by myself and drive
      at 45-50 mph - today would have been Melissa's birthday, did breakfast with Ellie, Kimberly and her husband, it went well - been slowly going thru the ice fishing equip.
      getting ready for hopefully some sort of season this year, if the weather cooperates with cold, can do without snow, well, maybe a light dusting on Xmas Eve for the picture
      Have one more job to do to be completely caught up on work, just have to get in contact with the customer to set up the work date

Dr.s so far have been pleased with blood work results, no major changes other than lose a lb. or 2, hey, it's that time of the year, good food almost always means packing
      it on

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Good Eats & Drink-Safe Travels-Happy Birthday-Get Well Soon

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17859 on: Dec 07, 2019, 10:35 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Didn’t do much today. Trying to keep my wife from doing to much around the house. Want her to rest. Her sugars are good. Tonight she took Mr Dickens and gave him a bath at the pet store.

Captain Jim, Sounds like a big Buck. He is smart staying close to the houses. That’s good your breakfast went well. Hopefully there will be a good ice fishing season. Did you get to go thru your ice fishing equipment. If I go out this year I have to get everything. I gave my equipment to a Boy Scout who was interested in ice fishing. Doctors tell every one they need to lose weight.

I hope everyone had a great day and a safe one and everyone has a great evening. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17860 on: Dec 08, 2019, 03:47 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 12* and clear here on my hill. Looks like rain tomorrow :cookoo: :%$#!: I hate this seesaw weather. :%$#!:
                            Eddie...…….I hope your body healed up enough to get out in the afternoon. :flex:
                            I-45...……...I thought you'd find a linkage on line, I don't think dealers will look, they only go to manufacture for parts. They should
                  install it. I once had a pick up and the front drive shaft needed to be replaced and the dealer couldn't find one. A friend had one but was too long
                  so I took it a weld shop and we cut the end off and shortened it, balanced it painted it up and I took it to the dealer, they were shocked that
                  I came up with one. ???
                            Marv..........Best wishes to Jo and her eye problem, I hope the Dr. can come up with the right balance of meds to cure her problem. :blink:
                            Capt..........Isn't that the way, the deer around  the houses, smart deer. :woot: I'm glad you're almost finished with other job. :flex: :clap:
                            H2L...........Today is the last day of northern zone rifle, good luck if you're going out. :thumbsup:
                            Steve......…I hope you'are well today so you can get out and to work on Monday. :flex:
                            Well the trip went well yesterday no problems with the trip, we did hit snow on the way around Stratton Mtn., it always snows in that
                  area at this time of year. I parked the boat at #2's house for this winter, he has more room. If I had gotten the boat before the snow came it
                  would be here.
                            Looks like today my wife and I are going with #2 and kids to a Christmas tree farm to pick out a couple of trees. Should be fun.
                            I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17861 on: Dec 08, 2019, 05:37 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  It’s 12* and clear here as well this am, high of 32 expected today.

Jeff...glad to read no problems on the way home towing the boat, excellent!   :clap:  Enjoy the outing at the Christmas tree farm...hope you all find the perfect trees!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...good news on finding the linkage, hope the dealer you’ve been using will install it soon and get that problem solved!   :clap:
   Capt.J...Happy Birthday to Melissa, I’m sure she was with you all yesterday....God Bless.   :bow:  Glad the job is going well, heres to another clean finish on Wednesday!   :thumbsup:
  Steve... thanks, I took a pass on the hunting in the afternoon as well...although the wife and I went hunting for a pre cut Christmas tree, lol. Hope you’re feeling better today Sir.   :thumbsup:
  H2...best of luck to you today!  :thumbsup:  If I don’t make it out today, there’s still some time left with the muzzle season.
  Marv...X2 on Jeff’s reply, hope they can find that right balance quickly for Jo...best wishes sent!   :thumbsup:  How did your Christmas tree hunting go?

On our way home from picking up a tree yesterday, drove by one of our local lakes. Saw 2 guys out on the snow covered ice...tipups set and jigging in some of the shallow water. Not certain how much ice they were on, but my wife was concerned. She made it clear...” no, your not going out today! “. Doh!    Soon.... ;D
   Breakfast with my Mom this morning and a few family members. Still feeling the aches and pains, but determined to get out this afternoon for one last try...hot bath with Epsom salts coming up!!   ;D.   Cawfee’s on...

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17862 on: Dec 08, 2019, 06:11 AM »
-1 here at the house. I will be staying at the house. Did go out yesterday afternoon. Saw 2 does just before dark. Did see a few deer along the roads last night. Season closes today so I guess I am done. No late MZ season where I hunt. They stopped that 8/10 years ago. Way too many deer were being killed late in the season. Some had to shoot everything they saw, if they had a tag. I couldn't believe the "small" deer that were being taken and many were button bucks. It took 4/5 years for the deer herd to re-bound. Some of the local hunters are even saying that this season the deer sightings are down because we had a early winter last year and a lot of bucks were taken in the area I hunt. With the snow we have now, I am glad today is the last day of hunting. Now they just have to make it though the Winter.
The rifle I hunt with was 60 years old this season. I bought it in 1959. I guess we will have to wait until next year for a party. I do know we have spent a lot of time together in the woods. My Dad always said it was the "luckiest" rifle he ever hunted with. He used while I was in the Navy.

Capt. Jim, I can't wait to see how many deer start showing up after season closes today. In a day or two they will be all over the place.

The wife saw a coyote out on the ice on Friday. Woman across the street said it was a "grey wolf"????? I betting on coyote.

Back to bowling tonight, that should be fun. I will see how all this snow walking has helped my bowling. Yesterday off the trail it was about 16 inches. That and the -1 is why I am here this morning....

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17863 on: Dec 08, 2019, 06:11 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....hope the bath works  :flex:  enjoy breakfast with Mom  :thumbsup:

MrC.....hope your stomach's settling down  ;)

IW.....enjoy the tree hunt today, looks like a perfect day for it  :clap:

H2L....good luck in the woods if you head out and on the alley tonight  :)

CapJ..... hope Melissa's birthday breakfast was filled with some wonderful stories and memories  :angel 

WS.....thoughts and prayers MrsWS and her doc get the eyes figured out sooner rather than later  ;)

Finished up the last 2 batches yesterday morning

dropped everything at the firehouse in the afternoon then headed out to a family birthday celebration. Not sure how the FD party went, pics on fb look like a good turnout  :thumbsup: :clap:

Have a good day whatever's on tap. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17864 on: Dec 08, 2019, 06:28 AM »
Good morning IW, Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

34  with a high around 35. By Tuesday 40 degrees colder ???

IW Glad to read your trip for the skiff went well :thumbsup: Enjoy your time at the Christmas Tree farm, sounds like a fun day.

Eddie enjoy your breakfast :clap: Yes.............Epsom salts , my friend for many years ;D

CaptJim , Happy Birthday to  Melissa's, God Bless her.

mr.clean hope you are feeling better today :thumbsup:

45 glad to read Mr Dickens is all spick and span for the count down to Christmas :thumbsup: Glad things are coming together with the Jeep.

WW do you see cookies in your sleep ???

Yesterday we put our tree up. We went Friday night and found one. The Lions had a lot full of trees with the money from sales going to needy kids for glasses and sending some to camp. The trees left a little to be desired but we found just the right one         

Last night we went out for supper then went "Christmas light" looking. We saw some beautiful displays.

Getting the wood box filled today and just hanging out. Around noon I am going to take a ride and see if anyone is fishing. Thanks for all the kind wishes for my wife, much appreciated.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17865 on: Dec 08, 2019, 06:32 AM »
WS.....beautiful tree  ;)2 :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17866 on: Dec 08, 2019, 08:35 AM »
I am still kicking just not that high any more. I have been busy trying to get things caught up after a disappointing deer season. We would not have any venison if my friend had not given me her deer.  I need to call my son to see how well the Wet brush pile burnt yesterday. It has to be burnt with snow on the ground, as it is in an opening in the woods.With all of the rian this fall it is soaked.

ww It just shows how great of a woman you are with all of the cookies you baked for the Fire Department. It is hard on this diabetic looking at the pictures of your creations.

IF-45 Is your wife counting carbs to control her diabetes?  If she is pm me your address so I can see what I can find to help her out. When I was first diagnosed I went almost blind. After I got things under control my eye sight came back to where it was before I got sick. Before I was diagnosed I got new glasses that I never used as I ended up going back to my old RX. I have lost over 60 lbs. since I have become a diabetic.

IW Nice looking toon from what I can see with it shrink wrapped. I like the trailer with it wide set tires. The trailer I have for mine has narrow set wheels so it is tippy.

marv Hopefully they can get your wife's eyes straighten out.

More drama at the last board meet at our last meeting. I seems that the wife is no longer on the county board. She must have been replaced by another member of our board that is a real pain. She wants to control what our board does. The daughter of the manager of center is now on  the board. She had told her mother that she was not nice to this woman.  She saw the light at tis last meeting and through some things back in her face when the woman tried getting nasty with her.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17867 on: Dec 08, 2019, 10:07 AM »
High country storm, Don't think I want to go west.  Skiing anyone.  :o
Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #17868 on: Dec 08, 2019, 11:02 AM »
Morning all!! Busy with MY tree!!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17869 on: Dec 08, 2019, 11:43 AM »
Good afternoon all. OS that's a beautiful tree. IW the toon looks amazing.WS hope Jo finds the balance set with her eyes soon. Captain Jim nice to celebrate Melissa's with the breakfast get together. IFF did you get another snow dumping? I-45 glad your Mrs. is healing up and great news on your linkage showing up. Not to cold here but soon the temps will take a dive. Badgers fought Ohio state but could not seal the deal. There was a penalty on one of there touchdowns False start the announcers were wondering about a no call there. I have a prototype working on the volleyball case converted into a rod case used some thick insulated sheeting. Messy Messy Messy it will take a while to clean up. Have a safe and great day all. If I get on WW cookie list wiil I get some in less than 5 yrs. or is it like getting Packer season tickets?

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17870 on: Dec 09, 2019, 02:47 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Warmer temps here for the next few days with some rain..37* this am, high of 43 today.

OG...you’ll have to snap a picture of that volleyball/rod case when you finish up, hope it works out for you!   :thumbsup:
  OS...don’t forget to water that tree, looks like it could use a drink!   ;D  :clap:
  Bud...hope the snow stays up high!  :thumbsup:    Is business starting to pickup some now?
  Tom...had a disappointing deer season here as well, glad you got some venison in the freezer though! Our regular gun season ended here yesterday, muzzle/late bow is open today...closes on Dec. 17th...still crossing fingers!   ;D
  Marv...the tree looks beautiful, thanks for sharing the picture!   :clap:  Did you check out the lakes yesterday?
  Wally...what a great job on the cookies, I’m sure they were a big hit at the FD party!!   :bow:
  H2...thanks for all the hunting posts this season, sorry it was a slow season for you also. Imagine that rifle has seen many good years and lots of memories over the last 60 years, that’s awesome!  :clap: :thumbsup:   Hope the team was crashing the pins last night.
  Jeff...thanks for sharing all your hunts as well, will be looking forward to your post this am to see if you got out in the afternoon!   :thumbsup:

Didn’t get out as early as I had hoped for yesterday afternoon, but did get the last 2 hours in. Tough walking conditions with all the snow and plenty of drifts. Saw lots of tracks, but that was about it. Maybe after this rain over the next two days and the warmer temps things will get better....at least the walking in should.
  Had a nice breakfast visit with my Mom, Thank You all for good wishes.  :thumbsup:
  Back to the block work this am.....Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17871 on: Dec 09, 2019, 04:49 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It's 29* and cloudy, I haven't seen any signs of precipitation yet, the guessers say it's coming. ::)
                           Eddie...…...Maybe snow shoes would have made it easier for getting around, I take a pair to Maine because we never know. ???
                           Marv...…….Nice tree, it's always fun going driving around looking at all the lights. ;D
                           OS...……….Your tree seems to be missing something but I can't put an eye on it but it's missing. :roflmao:
                           Bud......…I was talking to a friend last night and told that obviously that Gander Mtn had closed up in Plattsburg, NY but a store called Runnings had
                opened up in it's place and is doing quite well. Runnings seems to be popping up here in the northeast. :o
                           Wally...….I bet all your cookies were eaten at the FD Christmas party. :thumbsup: :bow:
                           H2l......…I'm sorry that you didn't score this year, like you I don't have any place to go for the late muzzle loader season. :(
                           Well my wife and I got our tree at the farm, it's a small one this year, there doesn't seem that there will be a big family gathering this year.
                A lot of different things have  been going on that it hasn't been on our minds and WOW it's coming fast.
                            Not much going on today, I will go and retrieve my trail camera and we will probably put the tree up.
                            I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out doing sports thing.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17872 on: Dec 09, 2019, 04:52 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

33 with light snow, dropping to 16 by days end with -22 wind chills expected. The snow total is supposedly only 2"-4" but it will be during the morning rush hour.

Eddie sorry you weren't able to score on the last day, will be pulling for you in the late season :thumbsup:

WW hope Mr WW has some more luck as the season goes on :thumbsup:

IW, like Eddie hope you had some action yesterday :thumbsup:

I did see a few people fishing yesterday. My regular spearing lake has 2"-3" in the area I like to fish. I am thinking it should be about good when the cold snap is over. A different lake I was interested in had a fish house on it with just the roof poking out ??? That one may need a few extra days.

I am taking my wife to the bus this morning so I'll have to get going.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17873 on: Dec 09, 2019, 05:37 AM »
Good Morning ER's   Mason I'll put up a photo when done. I should have thought it out longer before starting. I went with 1 inch thick pieces and cut out where the pole sits. Before all was done I had little left. Then I cut out spots for a foam rod rack. That worked good and should have left it or should I say started it like that. Live and learn.   ? for you all       eelpout, burbot, tullibee    are these all the same fish.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17874 on: Dec 09, 2019, 07:26 AM »

This was shot yesterday afternoon across the river from my house. He was going to hunt with my nephew but plans changed.
28* and light freezing rain but it is going to warm up.

We took 3 of 4 points last night from the team that took all 4 from us 2 weeks ago. There were a couple teams still bowling when we left. I have a feeling we ended up in 2nd place for the first half of the season.

Today is getting ready for trip to NYC, run to landfill and do some laundry. Wife also says I have to get a haircut. She said she doesn't want to be seen with someone that looks like I just came out of the mountains.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17875 on: Dec 09, 2019, 07:56 AM »

This was shot yesterday afternoon across the river from my house. He was going to hunt with my nephew but plans changed.
28* and light freezing rain but it is going to warm up.

We took 3 of 4 points last night from the team that took all 4 from us 2 weeks ago. There were a couple teams still bowling when we left. I have a feeling we ended up in 2nd place for the first half of the season.

Today is getting ready for trip to NYC, run to landfill and do some laundry. Wife also says I have to get a haircut. She said she doesn't want to be seen with someone that looks like I just came out of the mountains.

Have a good day....h2l
             H2L what a nice buck, good for him!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17876 on: Dec 09, 2019, 08:00 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....wow, that's a brute :o what a way to end the season  :bow:  safe travels tomorrow, best wishes for a good report, enjoy the party  :)

Eddie....still a little time left to connect  ;)  hope all the sore muscles have eased up   @)

IW....guess there was a total of a couple trays of cookies left after the party, I told them anything left was to go to the Rescue Mission  :)  there's a Runnings here in Rome, usually has whatever you need  ;)

IF45.....hope you're getting the headache meds figured out  :-\

WS.....sounds like a couple days of cold is still needed before venturing out locally  :whistle: :blink:  :icefish:

OG....my Dad used to call burbot "lawyers" not sure why, maybe because they're slimy  :woot:

MrC.....hope you're feeling like yourself again and made it to work today  :)

CapJ.....good to hear you're caught up with work and not getting bogged down right before Christmas  :thumbsup:

IFF.....hope you were spared any big snow totals this time around  ???

OS.....that tree will be easy to store for next Christmas   :thumbsup: :roflmao:

Some shopping to do today and guess it's about time to get Christmas cards ready to go out  ;D

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17877 on: Dec 09, 2019, 10:00 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Tough day yesterday. With the headache meds it tapers upward. Making me more tired and I want to sleep. Headache is still very bad. My wife is doing well. Her sugars are doing good. Going to bring the part to the dealer they said they would install it.

WallyWorld, I hope you get all your shopping done. Christmas cards can be fun. My wife likes making ours.

Hunts2long, That was a beautiful Buck. Drive carefully to NYC. 2nd place isn’t to bad. Hopefully it warms up so no freezing rain.

Whopper Stopper, Looks like you’ll be on the water soon, prayers your wife has a safe trip.

Ice Wanderer, Thats great you got your tree. Christmas is coming to fast.

Mason Eddie, you are a good son having breakfast with your mom.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17878 on: Dec 09, 2019, 12:06 PM »
Jeff, never heard of the "Runnings" store brand.  Rumor here is Sportsman's Warehouse are looking at the Gander Parker store.
Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #17879 on: Dec 09, 2019, 12:38 PM »
Good Morning ER's   Mason I'll put up a photo when done. I should have thought it out longer before starting. I went with 1 inch thick pieces and cut out where the pole sits. Before all was done I had little left. Then I cut out spots for a foam rod rack. That worked good and should have left it or should I say started it like that. Live and learn.   ? for you all       eelpout, burbot, tullibee    are these all the same fish.
Eelpout and burbot are the same fish. Tullibee are similar to ciscoes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burbot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coregonus_artedi
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.