Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Dakins Lake  (Read 1759 times)

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
Dakins Lake
« on: Jan 28, 2020, 03:10 PM »
Hey all, has anyone been to Dakins lately near Zearing? Looking for a place in the area to take my 8, 6 and 3 year olds for their first ice fishing outing. I’ve never been to Dakins, but looks like it might be easy place to take the kids.

Thanks for the help!

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Dakins Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2020, 06:05 PM »
I was there yesterday for two hrs.  I didn't get a bite but I saw several others with 5-6 gills  beside them.  Their  were 8 fishing in the trees and one tent in the middle of the lake.The ice was 8"  anyway where I was and ther'd  been a lot of traffic there.  Go into the campground as far as you can go and its not a far walk.

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2020, 06:28 PM »
I was there yesterday for two hrs.  I didn't get a bite but I saw several others with 5-6 gills  beside them.  Their  were 8 fishing in the trees and one tent in the middle of the lake.The ice was 8"  anyway where I was and ther'd  been a lot of traffic there.  Go into the campground as far as you can go and its not a far walk.

Thank for the information Oldbear. I think we might give it a shot Saturday for a bit.

Offline artfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2020, 11:56 AM »
Took my grandson there weekend before last. Only caught 1 gill. Lots of people getting skunked. You may have to move around. I drilled over 20 holes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.