Author Topic: Severely Disappointed in Marcum Customer Service!  (Read 5509 times)

Offline bsrkoacar

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Severely Disappointed in Marcum Customer Service!
« Reply #60 on: Jan 31, 2018, 05:59 PM »
Glad I decided to go with Lowrance instead of Marcum. I would give Lowrance 5/5 customer service. I bought an ice fishing conversion kit for the fish finder I use in my boat. I thought I,bought the right kit but made a mistake and the wires didn't fit. I called lowrance to ask if I could return it. They said an adapter would be a simple fix. they sent me an adapter free of charge and free shipping. I Got it the next week. 1 phone call.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #61 on: Feb 01, 2018, 09:05 AM »
Glad I decided to go with Lowrance instead of Marcum. I would give Lowrance 5/5 customer service. I bought an ice fishing conversion kit for the fish finder I use in my boat. I thought I,bought the right kit but made a mistake and the wires didn't fit. I called lowrance to ask if I could return it. They said an adapter would be a simple fix. they sent me an adapter free of charge and free shipping. I Got it the next week. 1 phone call.

That adapter should have been in the box. It is on all the current kits.

As for lowrance customer service, I had an elite 4x ice that went goofy on the ice. Would shoot lines everywhere and freeze the screen. I emailed lowrance and told them what was happening, the person told me to update it, I replied back that I have the 4x and you cannot update those as there is no sd slot (I had to tell THEM this) and they replied with the same message, download the update on an SD card and insert in the slot. I replied back and told them that its the 4x and if they told me to put it in the slot again I would cut a slot with a dremel and stick it in if it pleases you. They replied back with a RMA and said to send it in.  ::) over a month later I called with my RMA and asked what the hell was going on, the lady said "oh, we don't have any more of those in stock so we are going to upgrade you to the newer chirp model, it will ship tomorrow". God only knows how long it would have taken for them to do that if I had not called, maybe never. That's a long for them to just send me a new unit.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #62 on: Feb 01, 2018, 10:10 AM »
Sorry to here you've had those problems with that LX7 Trent. I hope the new transducer takes care of the prob. Man, mines been bullet proof since 12-2013. Still running the original firmware but its solid and tells me everything I need to know. If you get some free time this weekend you know where we'll be, come on down and shoot the B.S.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #63 on: Feb 01, 2018, 10:18 AM »
Wow a lot of Marcum heat  ???

I had to deal with them 3 times this year. I received a defective shuttle from Overtons and while waiting to hear back from them I called Marcum, they picked right up.

They said to let them know if Overtons took care of me. When I received the new shuttle I called Marcum to tell them I was taken care of,  they picked right up.

I was having issues with their web site when registering the unit, so I again called them and again they picked right up and helped me out. Not only do I love the lx7 combo, but I think their customer service it top notch :clap:

WS

Offline FlamDragger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Feb 01, 2018, 05:07 PM »
After hearing of a transducer incident, and being as how our ice season is all too short, I took the $100 Cabelas gift card I got for $82 off ebay, and ordered a Showdown 5.6 replacement transducer on 1/25. Today (2/1) it arrived, drop-shipped from the fine folks at Marcum. I’m ready, if I have an auger incident or something. I just wish the ice would hold up as well as my Showdown has.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #65 on: Feb 02, 2018, 08:43 PM »
that's good thinking ahead. i have a spare also. it is the weakest link after the battery.

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Feb 03, 2018, 02:14 PM »
Holy Crap Trent, look what you started! 😜🍿🍿🍿🍿

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Feb 03, 2018, 02:44 PM »
My LX7 just died for the third time since I've owned it. First was a dead ducer, secons the electric unit itself, and now the ducer is dead again. Just checked everything. Connections, changed batteries etc. Ducer wont read at all. Just loud clicking. Depending on what Marcum does, I'll be going to a Vex. Nothing worse than walking to a spot only to find out the flasher isnt working.

Offline Maguire

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Feb 03, 2018, 03:11 PM »
I’ve been having problems with marcum cusomer service for the past two years. Still not resolved!

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Feb 03, 2018, 03:43 PM »
I would of tried a Marcum but I'm sorry over a lot of years their customer service reputation has  turned  me off.

Offline openingact

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A bad day fishing beats a good day working!
« Reply #70 on: Feb 03, 2018, 04:18 PM »
I’ve been having problems with marcum cusomer service for the past two years. Still not resolved!

Care to elaborate?

Offline Idahoice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Feb 03, 2018, 08:29 PM »
Sounds like most of these issues people are having are self induced. Did you guys read the instructions? Do you leave you expensive electronics in your truck/ freezing garage for eons at a time? I have a lx1 I’ve had for years... no issue. Also an lx7 that works great!

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Feb 03, 2018, 09:07 PM »
Sounds like most of these issues people are having are self induced. Did you guys read the instructions? Do you leave you expensive electronics in your truck/ freezing garage for eons at a time? I have a lx1 I’ve had for years... no issue. Also an lx7 that works great!

My LX7 is the only thing that I can't rely on. I store it in the box in a closet in the summer, take it out if the case and fan dry it every outting.  I have a 20 year old Cabelas fish finder that has no issues...at all.  The soft case my LX7 came in is terrible. Nothing stopping the entire unit from just falling right out when holding it by the strap.  Velcro was a complete joke from day 1. The fabrics don't even come close to eachother to even grip.  Almost dumped mine a dozen times. Will be going to a vex if Marcum refuses to fix it this time around.

The ducer physically hurts to hold in the hand, like its shocking me. Same issue as the first bad ducer.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.