Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608227 times)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #13410 on: Sep 21, 2018, 08:09 PM »
Finally we are going to get a good cool down. Lower 40's tonight with 60's for tomorrow. The wind has finally dropped as it has blown hard all day. About time! our ot rmal high at this time of year is in the low 70's not mid 80's to 90.

It has not been an enjoyable couple of days. We took the 10 year old lab to the vet's yesterday. As I expected she had a serious uterine infection. We left her there yesterday after noon. They did surgery this morning which went well. Hopefully we can pick her up in the morning. The other two dogs could not figure out why she did not come with us yesterday. The yorkie still keeps going to the gate on the deck looking for her.

WS Hopefully sighting that bear means that the rest of them are coming back. Maybe the cool down get them moving again. I saw it was in the low 30's this morning in north central Montana.

IW I still need to get the small amount of wood my son cut for me to get me through deer season hauled home and stacked. I actually enjoyed cutting wood back when i used to burn it full time. I am gald I do not use it full time any more since I have gotten old and worn out.

I got another stump out the easy way the other day. A limb out of a neighbors tree came down and destroyed a white pine tree a few years ago. I topped it out and left about 12 foot stand for the birds at the feeders. I was out there looking for where I wanted to plant some shrubs for a privacy screen from the neighbors messy yard. I leaned on what was left of the tree. I saw that I could push it over. The stump came  out with it.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13411 on: Sep 21, 2018, 11:09 PM »
Good Morning Everyone, not able to sleep. Have had a blinding headache for the last couple of days. Hopefully will be able to read and catch up. Hopefully everyone has a great day and a safe one. Tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #13412 on: Sep 22, 2018, 04:14 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Windy here on the Hill this am, 60* with a high of only 61 today...Welcome to the first day of Fall!   :clap:

I-45...hope you're feeling better today Sir!  :thumbsup:
  Tom...glad the surgery went well on your Lab, hope she's ready to return home today!     :thumbsup:
  Steve...very good news on the house, hope Mondays inspection is a breeze.  :clap:   No delivery on the bricks again yesterday, lol, " The Great Wall Of Albany " remains.... incomplete!   ;D
  Marv...guess you just never know what the heck is going to happen! Glad you've got some action now, looking forward to hearing how your afternoon hunt went! Best of luck this am if you're heading back to the stand!  :thumbsup:
  Wally...safe travels and a great time in DC! Thanks for the info on Pulaski... :thumbsup:  Hope the plumbing problem was an easy fix.
  Jeff...that's great news on MW, glad the business is doing well, excellent!  :clap:  Hope you didn't get too much rain, it looked like we were going to get some all day, never got a drop.

Concrete coming at 10:30 this am, easy little job....20' of sidewalk with an 8'X8' landing, 2 1/2 yds. I had to gasp after hearing the homeowner tell me the price on the concrete cost....including a Saturday delivery charge, a short load charge, tax, and whatever other charges they tossed in, about $650.... Crazy!
   Cawfee's brewing....
 Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13413 on: Sep 22, 2018, 05:03 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                               It's 55* and clear here on my hill, with a forecast high of 61*, a little wind now. ::)
                               Eddie........I haven't ordered concrete for a long while, WOW that is a crazy price. :cookoo: Good luck with the pour! :thumbsup:
                               Steve.......I would think that the inspection would go without a hitch after all the work you put into the house. :flex:
                               Marv........At least you saw a bear, if there is one there should be more? ???
                               Tom.........I hope your dog is better after the surgery and she can come home. :thumbsup:
                               Yesterday my wife and I went shopping and while we were near Home Depot we looked a a new kitchen faucet, our is not swiching
                     from stream to spray. So we bought a new one and when we got home we to put the new one in. I couldn't unscrew the nut holding the
                     one, so I had to remove the sink to get a better grasp of the nut. An hour project turned into a 3.5 hour ordeal. The new one looks great
                     but I'm sore for laying on the floor and on the edge of the cabinet.  :%$#!:
                               I hope everyone has a good Saturday, fall starts around 6 pm. either at work on a trip or hunting and fishing.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13414 on: Sep 22, 2018, 05:43 AM »
Morning all,

MrC....hope the inspection goes well  ;)

TT.....so sorry to hear your lab needed surgery  :'(   hope she recovers quickly & is back home soon  :)

Eddie.....good luck tomorrow if you make the trip north, don't for get the pics  :woot:

IW.....sounds like most every "little" project around here   :roflmao:  hope the sore muscles ease up soon  ;)

WS....strange season for sure from the sounds of things  :wacko:  fingers crossed today is the day  :flex:

IF45....hope you can shake that headache soon  :(

Took about 8 hrs and $80 to fix the leak yesterday so not too awful bad  :blink:  lots of shoveling involved tho  :flex: think MrWW might be a bit sore today too  :bow:

Riding in a benefit bike ride this morning, wish it was a bit warmer (55*) and less windy ::)  at least the rain has stopped  :clap: then it's home to mow again  @)

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #13415 on: Sep 22, 2018, 05:57 AM »
Good morning all!! The heat wave broke and temps are in the upper 50's. We have a 10 mph breeze out of the north and mid 60's for the high! Welcome to fall!!  :thumbsup: :clap:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13416 on: Sep 22, 2018, 06:20 AM »
56* this morning and it feels like a change is in the air.
All went fine with "Rocky", got his shot and is good to go.
Also dropped off the power washer for my daughter. Just glad she didn't ask me to use it.
May take a ride up to my brothers to shoot the .22's this weekend. He wants to do some squirrel hunting this year. So far it has been too warm.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13417 on: Sep 22, 2018, 07:42 AM »
Good morning everyone!

Awoke to 32 degree weather, pretty nice.

No more bear sightings yesterday but I finally got to meet Mr Fisher in person. Dang they are hunters, it took him awhile but he decided I didn't belong and he started up the tree to check me out. I left him get about 3 feet from me and told him to git. He just exploded getting out of there.

Also the s-i-l sat out with her camera. Sbe didn't get any pictures but they saw a nice 8 pt and squirrels. We had a pack of coyotes sounding off before dark. They wrer probably 40yards from her in the big swamp. She didn't care for her long walk back in the dark lol

Pretty quiet so far this morning. I plan on sitting until 12:30 and again at 3 until dark. I am guessing if any bears come it will be between 1and 2:30pm lol

Hope you all have an excellent day. Stay safe.

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13418 on: Sep 22, 2018, 04:29 PM »
Good evening everyone!

No activity this morning. I went to the back during my noon break, the newest crib was broken into. I replenished and checked the card from the camera, this morning at 4:15 the sow and kids busted into the crib. They had no interest in anything sweet but chowed the trail mix.

I came back to the shack and got some extra mix and some oil and scattered over everything.

One side note the 1 cub spotted the camera and went to town on it. I hope it still works as the s-i-l just bought it lol

Another afternoon in the ladder stand. Beautiful day.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.  Stay safe.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13419 on: Sep 23, 2018, 05:19 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                                 It's 41*  and clear here on my hill, fall is definitely in the air! ::)
                                 Marv.........I hope the cooler weather brings in a hungry bear, good luck today! :thumbsup:
                                 Eddie........I hope you're on the way to Salmon fishing, good luck to you too. :thumbsup:
                                 O.S...........I'm glad the temps have dropped for you. :clap:
                                 Wally.........How did the ride go, did you finish the mowing? ???
                                 H2L...........There is definitely a change in the air, leaves are changing! :woot:
                                 Another cord of wood done yesterday, I hope to get another one today after helping my #2 son move the bucket on his tractor to a friends
                         house to get a cutting edge welded on.
                                 I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or at play. Raquett, How are the Mums?

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13420 on: Sep 23, 2018, 05:41 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....40* and calm here this morning  :thumbsup:  definitely a fall feel in the air  ;D

Eddie.....hope yesterday's side job went well  :)  good luck today  ;)

WS.....at least you got some attention with the trail mix  :clap:  hopefully Yogi will stop by for a couple paw fulls too  ;)2

H2L.....glad Rocky did ok with his shots  :woot:  good luck on the alleys tonight  :flex:

TT....hope your lab is home and on the road to a speedy recovery   :)

The ride was fun yesterday, about 200 bikes  :thumbsup:  the temps warmed up to about 60* before it ended so it wasn't too cold  ;)  had to rush to get the mowing in before it got wet with evening dew as we spent quite awhile at the after party  :whistle:  leaving for DC mid morning, looks like rain for the entire time we're there  :%$#!:  oh well, that's why we have rain coats  ;)2

Have a good day whatever's on the agenda. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13421 on: Sep 23, 2018, 06:41 AM »

51 degrees this morning but I am sure it is cooler up in the hills.

My brother's son-in-law got this bear yesterday PM in the woods behind my nephew's house. He had seen a bear Thurs. evening and again yesterday morning but nothing close. My brother was telling me yesterday morning that the other night they watched a bear, a 4pt buck, 2 does, 1 fawn and a coyote all under one apple tree at the same time. They get along just fine when there is a lot of food.

Not much planned for today....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13422 on: Sep 23, 2018, 07:33 AM »
Good morning everyone!

h2l nice bear! Thanks for sharing.

WW safe travels, stay dry.

IW careful with the back Sir!

Eddie hope the side job went well and there is a fish in your future.

Reports that I have heard say more bear sightings as the month goes on. I will check my cards later and see what happened over night. They definitely seem to like the nuts here better than the sweets. Now if the would eat in the daylight.

Hope you all have an excellent day! Stay safe.

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13423 on: Sep 23, 2018, 08:11 AM »
Looks like no frost over night. Low 40's over night. so much for that guess by the guessers.

The dogs is doing great. So far I have not had to put the collar of shame on her. I tried to see if it was going to go on and realized that it maybe to small to go over her ears. I have an old one that will fit it just needs to be cleaned up.

WS I hope the cooler weather gets the bears moving back in. That is strange that they lost their appetite for sweet goods. I know that I never have.

ww Enjoy your trip to DC. I have not been their in years. I do not have the urge to go their again, to much traffic. The couple of times I went to Newport News I figured out a route to get around DC.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13424 on: Sep 23, 2018, 09:57 PM »
looks like the Bear hunting continues, I got to sneak out for a few hours this morning.  Only one keeper to show for it.

caption is "My what teeth you have"

What happened to the post picture button ?
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13425 on: Sep 24, 2018, 03:54 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 46* this am, high of 63 today. The Harvest Moon is full and bright this morning.   :thumbsup:

Bud...glad you got out again, avoided the skunk!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...good news on your Lab, my dogs never liked those cones either.
  Marv...sounds like things are starting to pick up again! Looking forward to your report on yesterday's stand!    :thumbsup:
  H2...congrats to your brothers S-I-L on his bear! Thanks for sharing the picture!   :clap:   Did they happen to snap a picture of all the critters together? That would be an awesome shot, wow!
  Wally...glad you had a nice ride on Saturday, great turnout!  Hope you had safe travels to DC, hope you have a great time despite the weather!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff...how many cords are you up to now? Some beautiful weather to be outdoors yesterday, hope you got accomplished what you wanted.   :thumbsup:

Made a trip up to the Salmon River in Pulaski with my son Stephen yesterday.  We left at 2:30am and arrived about 5:30am, it was 48* when we got there. The reports I read about were good, there were definetly some fish around. I didn't do so well, went 0- 6, but Steve landed one, lost quite a few, and beat out the old man....that made my day worthwhile.  :thumbsup:  It measured 34" and I'm guessing 20lb. range.   :clap:
  We left there at 5pm and pulled back in just about 8pm. Made for a long day, but it was worth every second....can't wait to do it again!   ;D
  Back to the Great Wall Of Albany again.....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13426 on: Sep 24, 2018, 05:03 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's
                             It's 41 breezy degrees here on my hill clear skies again. ::)
                             Eddie........Congratul ations to your son for a nice fish, they are good eating! :thumbsup:
                             H2L............Congrat ulations to your brothers SIL on the bear! :thumbsup:
                             Marv..........The cooler temps should make the bears hungry. :clap:
                             Wally..........Have a good trip to D.C. :flex:
                             Bud............I'm glad you were able to get out. :thumbsup:
                             I got another 1.75 cord put away, I will work on it the morningtill about 10:30, IO have an appointment in Albany at the VA.
                             I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or at play, The giants won yesterday.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13427 on: Sep 24, 2018, 06:51 AM »
Good morning everyone!

Poor service today. Just want to say Hello.

Nothing at the bait again yesterday. I spent the night in my deer stand. Lots of coyotes singing, owls hooting. Pretty quiet on the deer.

Windy today.  I am going to make an omelette then do some trail repair.

Hope you all have a good day! Stay safe.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13428 on: Sep 24, 2018, 07:25 PM »
Good evening things have cooled down since Fall's official arrival highs in the sixties overnight low around fifty. Weather guessers say it will warm up on Wednesday with high in upper seventies. Realtor said today's inspection went well will be a few days before buyer gets a report and I hear about any problems/concerns. Also have radon detectors in house will be picked up later this week.
Tom Turkey glad your lab came through surgery alright and is having a good recovery.
Icefisher-45 sorry to hear the headaches have returned may your doctor(s) can find a reason why you are experiencing them.
Eddie sounds like a great day fishing with your son Steve. Hope the bricks and mortar are on job site today so crew and you can complete the "Great Wall".
OldSailor as I posted similar weather conditions temperature wise in my area of NY. How is all going with you and your family.
Hunts2long congratulations to your brother's SIL on his bear ,large head on that bruin . How was bowling yesterday is your wife's team still on a roll.
IFF nice you were able to get in a few hours of fishing and avoided the skunk.
Wallyworld glad the leak at your camp is fixed. Good turn out for the benefit bike ride hope a large sum was raised for participating charities. Have  a great time in DC.
Ice Wanderer how is your back and shoulder doing after installing the faucet and working on fire wood supply.
Whopper Stopper interesting the bears now like trail mix over bakery sweets. Hope things turn around for you definitely putting in the hours may you be rewarded soon with a shot.

Have a safe and pleasant night.
Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13429 on: Sep 25, 2018, 01:34 AM »
Good morning everyone, a little chilly this morning but supposed to be a very wet day. I hope everyone has a good day and stays dry and safe. Tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13430 on: Sep 25, 2018, 04:04 AM »

Good morning I-45, ER's,
                      It'45* and clouds are building in, the rain is on it's way. ::)
                      Steve........I hope the buyer doesn't have any concerns and the sale goes on as planned. :thumbsup: Surprising enough my back and shoulders don't
              feel too bad. :o
                      Marv.........May the bear gods push them your way, frustrating isn't it. ???
                      I-45..........How are you holding up?
                      I have about 1 chord left to stack, but won;t get it done until the rain stops, I have it covered so when it stops I can get to it right off.
                      I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out fishing or hunting!

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13431 on: Sep 25, 2018, 04:37 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, I-45, Morning Everyone,
  Rain should be here any minute now, going to be a wet day. It's 49* with light winds, high of 60 today. We've got the day off again today, no inside work to be done at the moment.

Jeff...hope your appointment went well yesterday! Nice job on the wood pile... :thumbsup:
  I-45...hope those headaches have passed and things are going better for you.   :thumbsup:
  Steve...seems like everything is starting to fall in place now, very good news on the house again!   :clap:
  Marv...we're still pulling for you here, just a matter of time before one of those bears comes in...looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:

We spent most of the day yesterday on thoroughly cleaning up the work area, misc. touch ups, and washing down the completed brickwork. Still waiting on the brick balance to be delivered...lol, amazing. Heard it mentioned it might arrive today, but not sure who will be there to off load it as we were told to take the day off... ;D
  Planned a trip back to the Salmon River this Sunday with my son Mike, he's been working 6 days a week and needs a stress reliever. Hoping there's another good push of fish this week with the weather conditions.
  Cawfee's on...

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13432 on: Sep 25, 2018, 06:17 AM »
53 degrees with some light rain.
The wife's bowling team has now lost a point and the team I am on has now won 2 points. We have a solid lock on last place.

Wife wasn't feeling good yesterday. Went and had blood work and culture's done. Waiting this morning to see what NYC wants her to do. Hoping they just have to call in a RX. She is feeling somewhat better this morning. It is that time of season.

Hope everyone has a great day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13433 on: Sep 25, 2018, 11:58 AM »
Good afternoon everyone!

H2l hope your wife gets feeling better.

Mr.clen good luck getting the loose ends wound up.

The bear hunt has been a roller coaster. I have been back in my deer area trying to get some interest.  The last couple of days the bears have been eating. It still seems the trail mix is what they want.

Last night I hunted my ladder stand because the crib had been hit. Come to find out if I would have been in my deer area 2 dandy bears showed up with an hour of light to spare.

Last night and this morning it has been raining, we are supposed to get a  break, then rain after 3. I am about 30feet up in a pine and will do a 12hour shift. I have my 12gauge with slugs being it is so wet.

Hope you all have a good day! Stay safe.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13434 on: Sep 25, 2018, 08:00 PM »
Good evening lots of rain earlier today another Fall feeling day with high temperature in the sixties. Weather guessers calling for a warm up tomorrow.
Icefisher-45 how are you feeling hope that you have not experienced any more head aches.
Ice Wanderer good to hear your back and shoulder are holding up to firewood stacking . You will be using some of the wood soon if these cool mornings and nights stick around through out the Fall.
Eddie hope you had a nice day off and tomorrow will not be to bad of a day trying to stay on schedule for the week .
Whopper Stopper good you are seeing activity again  now you just need to be at same location as the bears during legal shooting hours. Keep a positive outlook at least you are out enjoying nature and not working.

Have a good night folks.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13435 on: Sep 26, 2018, 03:06 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  58* with some fog and drizzle this am, high of 73 today with some scattered showers about.

Steve...it sure fealt like Fall yesterday, damp chilly day. With a little luck, we'll have the brick waiting for us this am to finish up.   ;D.  Still waiting on the column cap stones as well, 3' X 3' X 6" bluestone...they're going to be heavy.
  Marv...thanks for sharing the pictures, that looks like a great spot from that pine stand! Hoping the afternoon hunt paid off for you yesterday, your persistence will surely payoff!   :clap: :thumbsup:  Looking forward to your reply.
  H2...hope your wife is feeling better today and it was just a bit of lousy weather. Best of luck to your team with this weeks games!   :thumbsup:  Did you put the boat up for the season or thinking about a few more trips?
  Jeff...did you get a break in the weather yesterday to finish up your wood? Rain hung around here pretty much all day.
  Wally...hope you had safe travels if on the road yesterday with the lousy weather.  :thumbsup:

Charged up a few of my batteries yesterday for the auger drill and fish finders. The Mrs. just kind of rolled her eyes and mentioned the garage could use a cleaning. She was right, so I got that pretty much in order.
  Looks like yesterday's weather and increase in water flow triggered another run of salmon up in Pulaski from the reports I read...Sunday can't come soon enough!   :thumbsup:
  Back to " The Great Wall " again this am...cawfee's on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13436 on: Sep 26, 2018, 03:30 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                                   It's %9* and a thunder is rolling as I type, that is the forecast for the day. ::)
                                   Eddie.......It rained here all day no breaks to finish up the wood pile. :%$#!: Tomorrow looks like the day to get it done. :flex:
                                   Marv........That's good news the bears are coming back, good luck to you sir, you sure are a patient man. :bow:
                                   H2l..........It seems the weather has got to a lot of people around, I hope your wife feels better today! :thumbsup:
                                   I didn't get a thing done yesterday, I myself felt groggy so I took a snooze  for a while. We had #2 sons son here yesterday
                        and cartoons was the showings on TV for him. My wife and I did get in a game of Yatzy.
                                   I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or in the woods or on the water!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13437 on: Sep 26, 2018, 06:37 AM »
Morning all,

What a crazy city DC is 🤪 so many people and cars !!! We drove to Arlington and the Pentagon Monday 😫 yesterday we figured out the trains so didn’t have to drive back into the city 👏🏻  Spent all day in the capital area then did a night bus tour, pretty amazing sights!! Back into the city this morning to try to catch the places we missed yesterday.

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13438 on: Sep 26, 2018, 06:42 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone!

Sitting at a laundrymat  getting my stuff dried out. Danged if they don't have internet connection.

I am going to check baits when I get back to the shack, may take a ride home I hear "the lawn needs mowing".

Yesterdays attempt ended with nothing showing up. A nice little buck walked by but that was it. If either of the baits are disturbed I will replenish and sit. The season ends the 2ond so I want to make the most out of it.

Reports I have been hearing say I am doing well as most have no action at all. I sure feel like Im losing.

Hope you all have a good day. Stay safe!

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13439 on: Sep 26, 2018, 06:46 AM »
Double post, dang phone

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.