Author Topic: attn: perch jerkers  (Read 12066 times)

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
attn: perch jerkers
« on: Oct 25, 2007, 08:29 AM »
hey guys! hello from n. maine! you guys get any ice up there yet? got some frost up here but not nearly as cold as we should have for this time of year. the reason im posting is im trying to get a shanty get together for a trophy perch tourney in n .maine. as most of you know most people in this state consider the perch a junk fish but a few of us have started to convert over. i have a lake w/ easy access that is loaded w/ big perch and some real nice trout and landlocked sal. i was trying to see how many people from your area would like to migrate over for a friendly tourney on this lake. i know that you guys could get here in about 5 hrs. if going thru canada. a person that knows how to fish for perch could fill a truck bed w/ them! no limits! the name of the lake is cross lake in aroostook county. if you want more info and depth maps contact: maine department of inland fisheries and wildlife. im going to post this on other states threads and see how many others may be interested.mabye the mod. could post this on the other mich. threads for me?  either post it on here or pm me if you may be interested or have questions. by the way im not a guide or will benifit from this by any means. just would like to meet some of our fellow shanty members and maybe get a little more respect for this species of fish. loking for a second week of mar. get together. guarrentied a good time! hope to hear from ya! tight lines!

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: attn: perch jerkers
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2007, 01:21 PM »
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline ulicki

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2007, 09:07 AM »
let me know  if you get it set up me and some of my friends would be willing to tack a little road trip and if you get it set up could you send me some info on were to stay and the maps of the lake and all the details my email is grizleesportableweldin [email protected]

thank you chris
when hell freezes i'll ice fish there too

Offline SPARKYICE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2007, 09:39 AM »
i'm not a yooper, but i love da perch.
me and my fishin' buddy would make that trip.
here in the southern tier of n.y. we can keep only 50 a day. i'd love to get a truckload. if you can, send me a p.m. with more details.
tight lines!
grandpa told me-"never wrestle with a pig. you both get muddy and the pig likes it".

Offline USMC130FE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 2008 NAIFC Contestant
« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2007, 09:44 AM »
Sparky,
Where are you from in NY's southern tier?  Shoot me a PM if you want

Steve
http://www.bluecrayfish.com/icefishpics/albums/userpics/2-18-08_001c.jpg

Sure the Marines are a Department of the Navy, We're the MENS DEPERTMENT!!!!

Offline hardysf

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2007, 09:52 PM »
how do you figure 5 hours?

Its at least 15

Offline USMC130FE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 2008 NAIFC Contestant
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2007, 08:56 AM »
how do you figure 5 hours?

Its at least 15

Typo, probably didn't mean it!!
http://www.bluecrayfish.com/icefishpics/albums/userpics/2-18-08_001c.jpg

Sure the Marines are a Department of the Navy, We're the MENS DEPERTMENT!!!!

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2007, 10:32 AM »
5 hour flight in a Small Jet maybe :) Just checked from Sault St Marie to Fort Kent it is 941.77 Miles and a 18 hour 48 minute drive accross Canada and thats from the East End of the UP

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.