Author Topic: stinkin weather  (Read 1485 times)

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
stinkin weather
« on: Oct 10, 2010, 11:52 AM »
Weather was looking so good. Leaves changed. Temps were lowering. Water temps were dropping and turnover was starting. Then the leaves started falling. You could practically smell the ice coming. . . . Then the temps went back up. Must be some kind of conspiracy of nature's against us ice fishermen.  :'(

Offline backwoodswalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: stinkin weather
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2010, 03:39 PM »
Enjoy it while it lasts, You know what is coming. Some great bird hunting now. And catching some really nice fish too, Just think of Feb. 30+ inches of ice and 30 below temps then add wind chill :o :o :o. I am not gonna complain about this till Nov 15.  Steve

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2010, 04:57 PM »
Its still too warm for me. I don't mind the 4 feet of snow, or thick ice, or sub zero temps. I think I should've been born in northern Canada lol. If it would drop a few degrees in temp so the deer would start moving that would suffice until somewhere around the beginning of november I suppose.

Offline Outdoorsmen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2010, 11:40 AM »
hey arcrawfor how youd doing? yeah i agree the only thing i love about the temps is bow hunting in you short sleeve shirts thats always fun.. but the wind is causing allot of arrow draft so it kinda is a pain..
Dusty Gagnon... you buy the bait i'll catch the fish!
:icefish:

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2010, 12:01 PM »
The wind does mess things up a little, but mostly for scent in my opinion. I actually prefer colder weather for bow hunting. When its warm the deer don't have a tendency to move as much during the day in my opinion. Colder weather during October also means ice fishing isn't very far away  ;D. At least comparatively.

Offline Outdoorsmen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2010, 12:12 PM »
true true you are right... but hey if you cant get a nice deer on a warm day the chances are still there... you know just a little slimmer.. if you do happen to get one on a warm day it works out as a win win... so yea... but cold is nice.. i agree

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Oct 14, 2010, 11:00 PM »
Nice to see the temps drop a little again. Hopefully it won't rain all weekend so I can get some hunting in. If it were to get cold enough for that rain to turn to snow I wouldn't mind that......

Offline Outdoorsmen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Oct 15, 2010, 12:06 PM »
Nice to see the temps drop a little again. Hopefully it won't rain all weekend so I can get some hunting in. If it were to get cold enough for that rain to turn to snow I wouldn't mind that......

i agree to all of that..... that would all be nice.. but nothing ever happens good up here as in the ice never comes quick enough and it never snows for bow season..

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 15, 2010, 02:24 PM »
Snowed last year in late October if I remember correctly. Somewhere around there anyhow. Didn't snow much, maybe 1/4" and only lasted like a day and a half or something like that.

Offline 1971miner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Oct 19, 2010, 06:29 PM »
The winter is long enough.....for now I'm lovin' the fall golfing. ;D
If you jig it,they will come..............

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Oct 19, 2010, 07:51 PM »
Better get all the golfing in you can. I see there is a chance of snow early Thursday morning. Won't stick I'm sure, but can't blame a guy for getting excited over it.

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Oct 25, 2010, 11:36 PM »
Chance of snow again couple days this week. Sure wouldn't mind seeing the temp drop some again  :-\

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Oct 29, 2010, 06:45 PM »
Well, getting my temp drops. Calling for snow this weekend.....again  ::)

Offline yooperdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Oct 30, 2010, 08:17 AM »
cold weather always comes. for now great dishing from shore for salmon and lake trout almost everywhere in u.p.
da splake chaser

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Nov 13, 2010, 10:50 AM »
Well, finally getting some snow, kind of. Supposed to keep snowing the rest of the week is what the forecast says. We'll see....but at least its started.

Offline skinnytrucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 13, 2010, 03:23 PM »
Well, finally getting some snow, kind of. Supposed to keep snowing the rest of the week is what the forecast says. We'll see....but at least its started.

Let the games begin.
Da Buckless Yooper

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.