The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Stolen LX7  (Read 4499 times)

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Stolen LX7
« on: Dec 15, 2018, 11:09 AM »
Just recently discovered my LX7 is missing from my basement.  I know I had it a few months ago, and now it's gone. It was probabluy taken in the last month. If anyone sees or has seen one for sale with a Dakota Lithium battery (or even with a lead acid) that seems a little too cheap, please contact me.  I live in Swanton.

Thanks,

Matt

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
Re: Stolen LX7
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2018, 12:37 PM »
Wow that sucks, thats all they took?
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2018, 03:26 PM »
Wow that sucks, thats all they took?

Long story short, we had someone working on our house and I'm guessing one of the, "helpers" saw the flasher in the cabinet. There wasn't much else of value in the basement that could have been taken without it being obvious.  I'm waiting to hear back from the contractor about who exactly was here.  I turned my whole house and basement upside down looking for it. Still hoping I find it, but I'm 99% certain it was where it always is, and it's gone now. 

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2019, 08:06 AM »
An unfortunate update.  Just spent the morning trying to find a box full of tungsten jigs, mostly 3-5mm Fiskas.  Seems like that was taken along with the LX7 as I'm almost certain the box was on the same shelf. Black box, 75+ jigs in it. Something to also look for.

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2019, 08:33 AM »
That sucks, the contractor should be screening his help more!

Offline bearnoob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2019, 08:44 AM »
Really sorry to hear. Hope you get everything back. Good chance to remind everybody to write down your serial numbers on your electronics/augers/etc. It really helps law enforcement flag the items and recover them for you if they are pawned.
Hardwater fisherman since 2014. All opinions subject to change as experience increases.

Offline schmidtxc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2019, 09:08 AM »
I've just got photos of all my serial numbers stored on my phone, and wrote my name and number on all my valuable items with paint marker.

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2019, 09:16 AM »
your homeowners insurance may cover it.

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2019, 10:01 AM »
Really sorry to hear. Hope you get everything back. Good chance to remind everybody to write down your serial numbers on your electronics/augers/etc. It really helps law enforcement flag the items and recover them for you if they are pawned.

Marcum had my serial on file. I contacted the police and gave it to them. Now all I can do is wait and sift through for sale ads.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2019, 10:49 AM »
small claims court. take the contractor to court. he is the one responsible for what ever was removed while you had him working in your basement. it may be him or a helper, but doesn't matter. he has insurance that might offset his costs, but it needs to stop so it doen't keep happening to others. a police report should be taken so you have that too. this will help in court.
maybe the police would like to get involved. you already know the name of the contractor.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 06, 2019, 11:58 AM »
small claims court. take the contractor to court. he is the one responsible for what ever was removed while you had him working in your basement. it may be him or a helper, but doesn't matter. he has insurance that might offset his costs, but it needs to stop so it doen't keep happening to others. a police report should be taken so you have that too. this will help in court.
maybe the police would like to get involved. you already know the name of the contractor.
Where is the proof that the contractor or his helpers took it? Give me a break. No wonder I wanted To get out of the service industry as quick as I could.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2019, 12:06 PM »
the proof is the things were there before the contractor and not after.

i am glad your not in the service industry.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2019, 12:12 PM »
the proof is the things were there before the contractor and not after.

i am glad your not in the service industry.
Ouch!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 06, 2019, 12:14 PM »
I guess Matt did say he was 99% certain that it should be where it was. Perhaps it was taken by the contractor or his helper. I still don’t see absolute proof. I think Matt is making the right call by contacting the contractor though. Definitely something that could have happened.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Jan 06, 2019, 12:24 PM »
i agree on giving the contractor a chance to make right. court should be last call normally, but the thing is there is a problem that is more than likely still happening. if it happened once and got away with it, it will continue. if the contractor gets caught only one time and all he has to do is make right, then no loss to him to keep doing it to others that don't go after him.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: Jan 06, 2019, 12:29 PM »
Preponderance of evidence vs  reasonable doubt..
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 06, 2019, 12:54 PM »

Presumption of innocence.

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 06, 2019, 02:04 PM »
I have no way to prove anyone took it. I don't know when it was taken. Makes it nearly impossible to point the blame.   The contractor and the mason he chose have altready gone above and beyond and did extra work for us towards the end of things before I noticed anything missing. The work they did was to fix work that was done last Fall and Winter by Green Mountain Basement Solutions - who did an ABSOLUTELY horrible job, and lied to us about what they were going to do. We prepared the foundation for them and 3 days after they were supposed to start the work they changed everything in their favor.  We had no choice but to go with a "new" plan that, in retrospect didn't actually do anything for us.  We WILL be taking them to small claims.  We weren't the only ones they screwed over.  Check out their BBB page...

We have a signed proposal guaranteeing the work for 25 or something years and they refuse to honor it. They basically took almost $10,000 from us, did the minimal amount of work, cut corners everywhere, damaged our belongings (cut the underground power supply to our shed, put a hole in our shed with their bucket)  the list goes on and on and on....

So yeah, been a great year. 

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Jan 06, 2019, 03:37 PM »
what a horrible start to a new year!
if we were closer i would let you use my hb ice55 that has a bad on/off switch that works if you jiggle it just right and give you some jigs to get you back on ice. you must have just got ice if you just found out your things were missing.

just believe in what goes around comes around, even if you don't see it. tho sometimes you get to see it.

Offline Champlain Islander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 06, 2019, 04:57 PM »
What goes around comes around. Tough deal Matt but in the end I am sure you will be OK. The good guys always win. Karma can be a b***h.
Taught ice fishing for pan fish by one of the best...Art Rye may he RIP

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 06, 2019, 05:36 PM »
matt when you texted me about this missing i was stunned . this happens so much these days have to be carefull about everything you own and even locked up not safe. good luck and keep me posted. just let you know i went ice fishing the last 2 days been 2 years since i went ice fishing it was great and had fun. we need to get together again for some fishing.

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 06, 2019, 06:05 PM »
matt when you texted me about this missing i was stunned . this happens so much these days have to be carefull about everything you own and even locked up not safe. good luck and keep me posted. just let you know i went ice fishing the last 2 days been 2 years since i went ice fishing it was great and had fun. we need to get together again for some fishing.

Sounds like the boots are working as intended.  I'm hoping someone is dumb enough to try to sell the unit.

Offline thefishingweatherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Jan 06, 2019, 08:21 PM »
Just recently discovered my LX7 is missing from my basement.  I know I had it a few months ago, and now it's gone. It was probabluy taken in the last month. If anyone sees or has seen one for sale with a Dakota Lithium battery (or even with a lead acid) that seems a little too cheap, please contact me.  I live in Swanton.

Thanks,

Matt

That sucks Matt. Hope you get your stuff back!

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Jan 07, 2019, 02:42 PM »
your homeowners insurance may cover it.
VT Matt, your contractor should have provided you with a general liability policy, in which case a claim should be filed with his insurance company. They will in turn subrogate with your homeowner's insurance company. He may opt to pay restitution to avoid paying his deductible. Worth a shot.
Ice fishing is a social activity that may occasionally be interrupted by the catching of fish.

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Jan 07, 2019, 06:44 PM »
Sounds like the boots are working as intended.  I'm hoping someone is dumb enough to try to sell the unit.
MATT LOVE THOSE KORKER BOOTS THANKS FOR THE INFO. 

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #25 on: Jan 10, 2019, 01:44 PM »
Just a heads up.....There is a lx7 on craigslist right now. Hartford CT. Probably legit but I thought of you when I saw it.

Offline JMailbox8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 11, 2019, 06:56 AM »
Recently some idiots who robbed a bank in White River Junction got busted in Massachusetts on their way to buy heroin in Connecticut. If it was stolen for drugs, it might not be a bad lead, but if it was stolen a while ago, it's probably long gone.

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Jan 11, 2019, 03:14 PM »
Just a heads up.....There is a lx7 on craigslist right now. Hartford CT. Probably legit but I thought of you when I saw it.

Thank you - I'm looking into it but don't expect much.

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Jan 11, 2019, 03:49 PM »
did you check local ebay completed listings? i can do it if you want.

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Jan 11, 2019, 05:21 PM »
did you check local ebay completed listings? i can do it if you want.

I have not - would appreciate it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.