The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: White perch fantasies  (Read 753 times)

Offline wmhunts

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wes McRae
White perch fantasies
« on: Sep 01, 2015, 05:41 AM »
I think I may have begun to understand my obsession with white perch. You see I spend all summer/fall every weekend all weekend offshore fishing for giant tuna. 2 yrs no tuna yet, I catch lots of fish, but the target species still eludes me, seems every weekend now I get some of these giants to mark reel good on my sonar right at the depth of my baits multiple times. I know they are down there circling it looking for trouble, like leader and hooks. Very smart. Well when the ice comes my target species changes and so long as you can find them white perch almost always guarantee an action packed day, making up for a summer of staring at balloons. While my tuna season has a solid two months of the best fishing left. I find myself fantasizing of a flasher lit up with whites and buckets full by my side
Come on get on the ice fish!!

Offline Crayfish2

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: White perch fantasies
« Reply #1 on: Sep 01, 2015, 10:56 AM »
Hey, don't rush it, Wes!  Winter will be here soon enough.  Keep after 'em .... I'm sure you'll hook up with one of those giants!  Sure wish we could have tangled with one when Perch Bait and I went out with you.  We had a great time, though, despite the fact that the tuna didn't want to play.

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #2 on: Sep 02, 2015, 02:07 PM »
White perch?
Never heard of them?
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline mudchuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 03, 2015, 06:34 PM »
persistence

Offline Lord_of_the_Perch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Sep 03, 2015, 07:36 PM »
I admire your dedication.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 04, 2015, 07:50 AM »
Winter will be here soon enough.

no it won't :(

yeah, I'm gonna target white perch this year too. we don't have many places but there are a few lakes that had stocked them and they seem to be doing pretty well in a couple of them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.