The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Back to Brown town  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Fish Wayniac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Back to Brown town
« on: Mar 16, 2019, 05:04 PM »
Had one of our most active days of the season today. Non stop action sloshing through the slush chasing flags. I’m glad I brought my snow shoes. My first 2 flags produced 2 pickerel on shore .When I was tending a trap one of mine went up. I told Kevin to take it and it was the biggest Brown of the day. It was the first for him so I was glad that he landed it. Sean caught 2 Browns and a couple hog bass. I ended up with 3 Browns and a white perch. The 2 whites and 1 of the 3 bass were tasty in a fish fry. There was to much snow and slush here to remove Seans shack. Yesterday I was able to get mine off which was a work out for my atv.

Offline Kourcha

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Back to Brown town
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2019, 05:19 PM »
Some nice browns there nice fish all around congrats on the sweet day I personally only had a few pickerel the few hours I got out this morning plenty of hit and runs and stripped shiners

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I never met a fish I didn't like.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2019, 06:12 PM »
Excellent job getting on the browns so consistently, Wayne.  Some nice sized ones too!   @)

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2019, 06:22 PM »
Nice fish! I’m hoping to get out there later this week, I haven’t in almost a month now due to family responsibilities. Hope the snow melts off some and the slush won’t be too bad on weds.

Offline Fish Wayniac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2019, 06:28 PM »
Nice fish! I’m hoping to get out there later this week, I haven’t in almost a month now due to family responsibilities. Hope the snow melts off some and the slush won’t be too bad on weds.
I think the next 3 days of sun will melt off what’s on top. Still lots of ice , Good luck on Wednesaday.

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2019, 08:08 PM »
I find that areas I like to jig .If I drill holes in the low spots the water and slush will be gone and give me areas to fish a little longer .

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2019, 09:36 PM »
I find that areas I like to jig .If I drill holes in the low spots the water and slush will be gone and give me areas to fish a little longer .
Once the loose snow is gone, I tend to drill in the pools and drain the surface.

Offline MadFisha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Wish this was work....
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2019, 06:37 AM »
Monsta brown. Least your not slowing down by the looks of the pictures. Nice work getting out there.

Offline franklin fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2019, 07:26 AM »
 Nice fish. From what I saw where I fished I can imagine it was really tough on that 4 wheeler removing the shack.

Offline tipman14

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 17, 2019, 07:54 AM »
Nice catch those are always good days.
I’m here for the cusk !!!!

Offline caught_the_fever

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 17, 2019, 08:44 AM »
Now that's a day!   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum