The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: O/T - Post Content and Differing Opinions  (Read 5633 times)

Offline Bosshog

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: O/T - Post Content and Differing Opinions
« Reply #30 on: Mar 19, 2019, 02:06 PM »
who has to empty the trash cans? ???
Bait goes on the hook... hook goes in the water...smelt is in the water...OUR SMELT!!!

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish
« Reply #31 on: Mar 19, 2019, 04:03 PM »

Linedogg104    😂😁😂🤣

Offline Linedogg104

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Mar 19, 2019, 06:53 PM »

Linedogg104    😂😁😂🤣
I'll empty them on your front lawn during the next power outage when I'm restoring your power😁😝 :tipup:
Fishing is easy. Catching is the hard part.

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Mar 19, 2019, 08:57 PM »
State should start trying to making fishing a little more rewarding. Less fishing permits sold every year.  Snowmobile and atv, fishing ,Hunting license fees have gotten a little out of hand.

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #34 on: Mar 21, 2019, 08:45 AM »

There is going to be a lobster bait shortage this summer. I’m sure lobsterman would be happy to collect the greasy old things.  ;D
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline Bosshog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Mar 21, 2019, 09:36 AM »
Greasy!??? Now I've heard all them oils is brain food! :woot: Plus you can rub the oil on your skin to keep from getting wind burn! ::)
Bait goes on the hook... hook goes in the water...smelt is in the water...OUR SMELT!!!

Offline RealBigReel

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Mar 21, 2019, 10:12 AM »
There is going to be a lobster bait shortage this summer. I’m sure lobsterman would be happy to collect the greasy old things.  ;D

Was talking to one of the professors at st. Joe's who is lobster biologist and he said they are expecting a 75 million pound shortage of herring this year, wow!!

What's that going to do to the price of lobster?

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #37 on: Mar 21, 2019, 04:22 PM »
Greasy!??? Now I've heard all them oils is brain food! :woot: Plus you can rub the oil on your skin to keep from getting wind burn! ::)
You’ll have to show me that procedure. Do you just cook ‘em down and rub them on yourself. Creates quite a picture.  ::) :thumbsup: :sick:
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline Kourcha

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Mar 21, 2019, 05:57 PM »
I'll empty them on your front lawn during the next power outage when I'm restoring your power😁😝 :tipup:
does that not go against your principles of wasting life?

Offline Bosshog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Mar 21, 2019, 06:22 PM »
1rst catch a togue, 2nd make sure it's legal! You wouldn't want to strip the slimy oils off a juvenile Togue! That just wouldn't be right and people would talk, you know they will.  :nono: the larger the togue the better the uv protection and wind burn. Got the fish out and strip the fatty tissues off of the inside of the ribs and flank meat, you can temporarily store this in a buddies travel coffee mug, next pick the fish up and swipe the slime off the side of it this will also go into the buddies coffee mug :whistle:  make sure you have your buddy on a task ( firewood) or chasing a flag.
Hopefully your buddy drinks his coffee black, you wouldn't want your oils to smell like a cafe loco lattae! Or whatever the heck those drinks are nowadays!
Whatever happened to coffee flavored coffee?!!!
I digress! Sorry!
If you have a chance, let the mixture set in the sun for an hour and stew. Mix frequently. Use the tip of your buddies jig pole.
Bubbles are ok, when the mixture has set for awhile then pour it into an empty vaseline jar, as your buddy comes back tell him he is starting to look wind burned and that you brought some of your wife's special skin lotion he should use some.
While he is applying the mixture make him a cup of coffee in his mug and tell him that it's a new blend of coffee from Tim Hortons, people are raving about it!
Before you know it, you'll be fishing and hunting coyote, did I mention you should probably bring a gun? ::) Yup, keep your gun ready for coyote, it's a great attractant. You might need it for your buddy if he ever finds out! Shhhh. ;D
* Note:Cusk slime may be used instead of togue.

Or maybe I've just eaten to many togue and Cusk!

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Mar 21, 2019, 06:49 PM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Bosshog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Mar 21, 2019, 07:12 PM »
DISCLAIMER:
All charachers in previous story are completely fictional. Story was completely fictional. Except for Tim Hortons... $5.00 coffee...really, please!
No juvenille togue were mistreated or mishandled, and all parties involved with mishandling juvenille togue shall forever be harassed for the size of their small... Fish.
If indeed your buddy complains that stray cats have been hanging around his house and howling all weekend since he arrived home from this fishing trip, remember, this story is fictional.
If you can skin the coyote before you leave the ice it saves on a big mess and you only have to clean the fish when you get home.
PS. Hopefully your buddy brought his own truck fishing.  :icefish:

Offline Linedogg104

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Mar 21, 2019, 07:37 PM »
does that not go against your principles of wasting life?
[/quote
No not if they are already dead and I'm in charge of dumping the barrel ???

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #43 on: Mar 22, 2019, 05:49 AM »

When I was 9 or 10, I attempted to make “trout oil” to catch mink on my trap line. It came out very aromatic!!! I took a couple small brook trout,  cut cut them up and “rendered” them in a jar. After sometime oil settled to the top! NICE! You should try it! You’ll likely need a bigger jar or bucket for a togue or two. I don’t know that I’d seal it as the could be a pressure issue. hehehe Should do the trick!!!

Didn’t catch any mink. with it...though  ;)

Offline MarkNFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Mar 22, 2019, 06:47 AM »
1rst catch a togue, 2nd make sure it's legal! You wouldn't want to strip the slimy oils off a juvenile Togue! That just wouldn't be right and people would talk, you know they will.  :nono: the larger the togue the better the uv protection and wind burn. Got the fish out and strip the fatty tissues off of the inside of the ribs and flank meat, you can temporarily store this in a buddies travel coffee mug, next pick the fish up and swipe the slime off the side of it this will also go into the buddies coffee mug :whistle:  make sure you have your buddy on a task ( firewood) or chasing a flag.
Hopefully your buddy drinks his coffee black, you wouldn't want your oils to smell like a cafe loco lattae! Or whatever the heck those drinks are nowadays!
Whatever happened to coffee flavored coffee?!!!
I digress! Sorry!
If you have a chance, let the mixture set in the sun for an hour and stew. Mix frequently. Use the tip of your buddies jig pole.
Bubbles are ok, when the mixture has set for awhile then pour it into an empty vaseline jar, as your buddy comes back tell him he is starting to look wind burned and that you brought some of your wife's special skin lotion he should use some.
While he is applying the mixture make him a cup of coffee in his mug and tell him that it's a new blend of coffee from Tim Hortons, people are raving about it!
Before you know it, you'll be fishing and hunting coyote, did I mention you should probably bring a gun? ::) Yup, keep your gun ready for coyote, it's a great attractant. You might need it for your buddy if he ever finds out! Shhhh. ;D
* Note:Cusk slime may be used instead of togue.

Or maybe I've just eaten to many togue and Cusk!

One of the best posts this year!!! ;D ;D ;D  If we ever cross paths while fishing, you can bet I'll keep an eye on my coffee mug @)

Offline Bosshog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Mar 22, 2019, 06:50 PM »
Yes we used to cut up eels , put them in jars and bury them for 3months, stand back when you opened them up they were ripe!

Would like to fish with you someday, and I promise not to offer you coffee, honest!
now here is a togue from Sebago that would produce a lot of lotion.

Offline Linedogg104

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Mar 22, 2019, 06:53 PM »
Damn that would fill the whole coffee pot never mind the cup. That's a monstah!

Offline Bosshog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Mar 22, 2019, 08:17 PM »
39 inches, 22 lbs.

Offline Linedogg104

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Mar 22, 2019, 08:38 PM »
Very nice! My best is 32 inches. Never weighed it. Was pretty skinny though.

Offline Bosshog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Mar 22, 2019, 08:55 PM »
I wasn't there, it was a friend of my brother, awesome fish though, just figured I share the pic.

Offline Linedogg104

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Mar 23, 2019, 05:08 AM »
Yea thanks for sharing. It's always nice to see a monstah! ;D :tipup:

Offline TroutWorm

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Mar 23, 2019, 07:26 AM »
I only have one spot I keep secret and its not even an ice fishing spot. Can't I'ce fish the lake so wait for ice out and grab some worms and sit there in the boat and  slay brooks and salmon. I have no problems telling the lake or info about it. Just not my actual anchor way point. Most people just want ice info and fishing reports. No harm in sharing.

Offline Linedogg104

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Mar 23, 2019, 07:31 AM »
I only have one spot I keep secret and its not even an ice fishing spot. Can't I'ce fish the lake so wait for ice out and grab some worms and sit there in the boat and  slay brooks and salmon. I have no problems telling the lake or info about it. Just not my actual anchor way point. Most people just want ice info and fishing reports. No harm in sharing.
Start sharing I'm listening  ;D :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.